Duke4.net Forums: Found a Petition to name an heavy element Lemmium to dedicate Lemmy of Motorhead - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Found a Petition to name an heavy element Lemmium to dedicate Lemmy of Motorhead  "Please sign it"

User is offline   Zaxtor 

To any Motorhead fans
Motorhead fans pay tribute to fallen Lemmy with petition for 'Lemmium' on periodic table
http://www.stuff.co....-periodic-table

The petition
https://www.change.o...y-metal-lemmium

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

View PostZaxtor, on 07 January 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

To any Motorhead fans
Motorhead fans pay tribute to fallen Lemmy with petition for 'Lemmium' on periodic table
http://www.stuff.co....-periodic-table

The petition
https://www.change.o...y-metal-lemmium

I didn't know about this (or read something and forgot). I'm reading this article on new elements. Wow. This is an expensive hobby.

http://www.wired.com...rder-from-here/

This post has been edited by CultureShock: 07 January 2016 - 05:09 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Probably.
I'm sure with the Large Hadron Collider they can make many of them and others.

There is lots of elements in the "Extended periodic table"
Lots of them starts by 'U' and have very crazy names.
Majorities of them have short shelf life before they decay or catches on fire from exposure to oxygen.

On the radio news the Woman of the news said lots of elemental names are boring and too hard to say.
Example.
Roentgenium
Darmstadtium
etc

lots may be isotopes

Unbiunium
Unbibium
Unbitrium
Unbiquadium
Unbipentium
Unbihexium
Unbiseptium
Unbioctium
Unbiennium
Untrinilium
Untriunium
Untribium
Untritrium
Untriquadium
Untripentium
Untrihexium
Untriseptium
Untrioctium
Untriennium
Unquadnilium
Unquadunium
Unquadbium
Unquadtrium
Unquadquadium
Unquadpentium
Unquadhexium
Unquadseptium
Unquadoctium
Unquadennium
Unpentnilium
Unpentunium
Unpentbium
Unpenttrium
Unpentquadium
Unpentpentium
Unpenthexium
Unpentseptium
Unpentoctium
Unpentennium
Unhexnilium
Unhexunium
Unhexbium
Unhextrium
Unhexquadium

and the list goes on

Well most of these names aren't hard to say in my opinion

PS many of them I think are "fails"
Like they tried to make them but failed.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 07 January 2016 - 06:01 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Really, Zaxtor?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

If you mean for extended periodic table and all those weird names
google for Extended_periodic_table_(large_version) cus somehow the link get cropped when I post it

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 07 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

• Banned

I also read they claimed an element could be named under the rules because a star was named after him. Aw, c'mon. This is cheating.

I think she is right. The normal elements I can mostly remember-ish but the new ones are really weird names. They all seem to be forgettable something plus ini-ani-ini-ium-blah-thunglemungle-ium tacked on the end. I don't even know what they are like. They are just blobs of stuff aren't they? I can barely handle half-lives of the shorter lived radioactive elements but these new ones? They don't stick around very long do they?

Linoleum. That's one isn't it? I haz gold star! *crowd roars*

User is offline   Zaxtor 

There is nothing wrong with naming famous ppl after things.
While one who is rather famous or not if they discovered something they can name it after their names if they want.

Malala example had one.
Some meteor or asteroid after her name.

PS
Lemmy said something his music is not really heavy metal but more into rock and roll.

His style according to many sources is a mixture of rock and roll, heavy metal, hard rock and speed metal.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 07 January 2016 - 08:41 AM

• Banned

View PostZaxtor, on 07 January 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

While one who is rather famous or not if they discovered something they can name it after their names if they want.

Malala example had one.

PS
Lemmy said something his music is not really heavy metal but more into rock and roll.

His style according to many sources is a mixture of rock and roll, heavy metal, hard rock and speed metal.

I don't rate Malala but if I were honest I would have to say I don't understand her struggles. Women and young women especially in less developed countries were overdue recognition. I'm just old enough to remember when the only jobs women could get were secretaries or nurses or teachers, or stay at home mothers. When I studied programming there were only two other women out of maybe sixty. 58 were guys. The world has changed a lot since. I remember my mother saying I didn't know I was born. Now I'm saying the same thing myself.

I did read what you said in an article. I'm not sure I understand the difference. It all looks and sounds the same to me. I know what you are getting at though. I didn't like Lemmy personally. He really put me off him when he said how he treated his son. He was abandoned by his own father who when he met never made an effort to connect with him. Lemmy then said when his son met him he told him he didn't owe him anything. I'm not saying I lost respect for Lemmy. He was a good performer and from what people who met him off stage said he treated them well. I just can't understand why he didn't understand or accept how he behaved like his own father did towards him. I may be mistaken but recall I may have read something saying Lemmy and his son did make up with each other so maybe things worked okay. I hope so.

Men have such a hard time too. I guess, you would want to recognise another man who achieved what he achieved and help you live your dreams. I never heard of Lemmy hurting anyone either and there are worse heroes!

I actually miss him in a way. It's like Lemmy was a permanent fixture. Irreplaceable. Sadly gone.

View PostZaxtor, on 07 January 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

Malala example had one.

PS

Well there's no category of chemical called "rock" in the periodic table so "heavy metal" will have to do. :thumbsup:

The newer elements are all named according to a convention depending on how many protons they have, and most of those names are shitty. "Darmstadtium", however, is named after a city, Darmstadt in Germany.

• Banned

I read there is a petition for Terry Prachett too. I didn't pay much attention when I read the article. None of this is my thing at all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options