Duke4.net Forums: Spread Love & Laughs, Bring The King Back! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spread Love & Laughs, Bring The King Back!  "Just peace here, please! ^^"

User is offline   juvenite 

Well, I've been a member here just for a few days (but I already acessed this site) and I can say I'm falling in love with this community...
You guys are really funny, I always come here thinking I'll have a good experience, even with all the hostility and childness going on in here, lol.
But anyway, here is a topic for all the good things!
No hate, offenses and childish fights, here's a place for people to share works, love and efforts to bring Duke Nukem back to life (or at least to keep remains alive).
So please, just peace, love, mature constructive discussions and remember, this website has its downsides, all communities have their, but Duke4.net has good things as well, and, maybe, great things still to come.
So yeah, be happy and feel at home. ^^
Things I like in here:

Supportive People: they're basically everywhere.
There are forums for everything, so anyone can help you with anything.
Sure, not everyone is, but come on, just forget that and avail the people who are!

Funny Threads: there are threads I laugh my ass off reading them, usually by getting off topic or just some jokes and funny gifs.
Examples: The Post Thread
And the Dumb Shit Thread

Open Minded People: ok, that's relative (and not everyone here is) but I find this really good, 'cause where I live, there are lot of intolerant people and I'm just really sick of them.

Share Works: You can share all your works and projects related to the badass alien ass kicker Duke Nukem (and of another games as well!) like musics, maps, drawings, animations, mods, basically all kinds of stuff!

Interact With People And Make New Friends: I know that's obvious since it's a community, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. :thumbsup:

Here are the things I like...
Tell your reasons why you like here!
*Plays Inspirational Music* Remember, with maturity, creativity and comprehension, we can keep Duke4.net alive, and more and more popular.
And that happening, we can revive Duke Nukem.
That depends of us, we are this site, these forums, everything.
Duke's almost dying, but the remainings of his life is still at our hands and we won't let him die!!
So buy your bubble gums, get your hands in the keyboard and show your proud, DUKE NEEDS YOU.

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 15 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Right on! This place is groovy, Duke is groovy, and I like the idea of bringing the king back, via believing in the power of the Duke's grooviness. Hail to the king, baby

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 15 December 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

Right on! This place is groovy, Duke is groovy, and I like the idea of bringing the king back, via believing in the power of the Duke's grooviness. Hail to the king, baby

Yeah, reviving him would be awesome and a wonderful feeling of "Task accomplished" ><

User is offline   Hank 

To first post
Duke ain't not even close to death for as long as people, or at least one person, have(has) that character in their heart(s).

The above is Puff the Magic Dragon, with the same message. Boys and girls simply change their toys, and it is natural.
Some of the leaders here are actively involved in making new games for us, this is good.
I see at least one new mapper here, just starting, this is good.

Hope this helps and cheers you up a bit. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 15 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostHank, on 15 December 2015 - 09:33 PM, said:

To first post
Duke ain't not even close to death for as long as people, or at least one person, have(has) that character in their heart(s).

The above is Puff the Magic Dragon, with the same message. Boys and girls simply change their toys, and it is natural.
Some of the leaders here are actively involved in making new games for us, this is good.
I see at least one new mapper here, just starting, this is good.

Hope this helps and cheers you up a bit. Posted Image

What a beautiful song, and yup, it did!
I know things change, but it's hard to accept a thing you love going away...

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 15 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Hail to the king. Standing strong with the mod community and standing firm till the next Duke game!

View PostYatta, on 17 December 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Hail to the king. Standing strong with the mod community and standing firm till the next Duke game!

Yup! I hope his return will be epic and as great as the DN3D (or even better :thumbsup:)!

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 17 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

I honestly don't know whether Duke could or should return. I'm honestly in a different place now. I haven't played games for a few years. It would take a lot to draw me back in. I know people have their dreams though...

A friend of mine organises game events. She may start things up again in the new year. If she does I might visit. This will mostly be for the social and break my brain out of a rut. It's scary in a way holding back on discussing code or design and stuff. I could but I don't think I will. I really just want to experience new thoughts and different people in fresh ways.

Gosh. I never thought I'd say anything like this.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostCultureShock, on 19 December 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

I honestly don't know whether Duke could or should return. I'm honestly in a different place now. I haven't played games for a few years. It would take a lot to draw me back in. I know people have their dreams though...

A friend of mine organises game events. She may start things up again in the new year. If she does I might visit. This will mostly be for the social and break my brain out of a rut. It's scary in a way holding back on discussing code or design and stuff. I could but I don't think I will. I really just want to experience new thoughts and different people in fresh ways.

Oh my God, I never thought I'd see you posting around here ever again! Welcome back.

• Banned

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 19 December 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Oh my God, I never thought I'd see you posting around here ever again! Welcome back.

I didn't either. :thumbsup: It's really nice of you to remember. I'm beating another path now, just to put this out there, like, it's not obvious. I dunno... I just want to chill and hang out. Enjoy people's company in different ways, if you know what I mean? I have no plans to stay or go. I guess we'll find out. :)

View PostCultureShock, on 19 December 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Lol, I understand you.
I'm also a guy who looks for new different things, in new fresh ways and stuff, and that's what I'm trying to do.
I'm trying to make different new things with old stuff...
I didn't release anything yet, but I'm already thinking big.
Duke doesn't need a new game, in my opinion.
There are modders, mappers, artists who make Duke Nukem a new thing, bringing more different interested people, who will make and bring more interesting new concepts and that goes on.
But anyway, I hope you get me (and I hope I got you properly *sigh* u-u).

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 20 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 20 December 2015 - 01:14 AM, said:

Lol, I understand you.
I'm also a guy who looks for new different things, in new fresh ways and stuff, and that's what I'm trying to do.
I'm trying to make different new things with old stuff...
I didn't release anything yet, but I'm already thinking big.
Duke doesn't need a new game, in my opinion.
There are modders, mappers, artists who make Duke Nukem a new thing, bringing more different interested people, who will make and bring more interesting new concepts and that goes on.
But anyway, I hope you get me (and I hope I got you properly *sigh* u-u).

Close enough for government work, as they say. (I still don't know what this means but it sounds good.)

I don't know if I can work up the enthusiasm to be serious but have wondered about mapping. I don't want to rush into something epic.The temptation is huge but realistically I might best begin with something small and self-contained. At the moment I don't even know one end of Mapster32 from another. I'm not sure what if anything I might achieve. I was hoping I could work within the tools and work more from a point of view of a different expressive sense to things.

View PostCultureShock, on 20 December 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

Close enough for government work, as they say. (I still don't know what this means but it sounds good.)

Neither I do.

View PostCultureShock, on 20 December 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

I don't know if I can work up the enthusiasm to be serious but have wondered about mapping. I don't want to rush into something epic.The temptation is huge but realistically I might best begin with something small and self-contained. At the moment I don't even know one end of Mapster32 from another. I'm not sure what if anything I might achieve. I was hoping I could work within the tools and work more from a point of view of a different expressive sense to things.

I see, what point of view would be?
I'm trying to make something meaningful, deep and complex.
I'm kind of ambicious, so I don't really like doing simple small things...

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 20 December 2015 - 11:04 AM

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 20 December 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

I see, what point of view would be?
I'm trying to make something meaningful, deep and complex.
I'm kind of ambicious, so I don't really like doing simple small things...

I'm hoping to explore shades and colours. I'd like to find a style I can work with within the restrains of the map tools. I want to give my thinking brain a rest and channel my emotional paintbrush. I've felt very insecure in the past with this so it's very definitely small steps as much for fun as anything. I'm still reading tutorials at the moment. If I can manage one basic map I'd like to explore something more beautiful and less barren than DN3D based maps.

I've been reading extra things I need to understand like a little cinematography. I've also checked out graphics tools and ran a quick sanity check on some inspiring art. What I'm hoping for is possible. I don't yet know whether my ideas will work with the engine. If not I may need to try something different. If I have to I'll try something else!

View PostCultureShock, on 20 December 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

I'm hoping to explore shades and colours. I'd like to find a style I can work with within the restrains of the map tools. I want to give my thinking brain a rest and channel my emotional paintbrush. I've felt very insecure in the past with this so it's very definitely small steps as much for fun as anything. I'm still reading tutorials at the moment. If I can manage one basic map I'd like to explore something more beautiful and less barren than DN3D based maps.

I've been reading extra things I need to understand like a little cinematography. I've also checked out graphics tools and ran a quick sanity check on some inspiring art. What I'm hoping for is possible. I don't yet know whether my ideas will work with the engine. If not I may need to try something different. If I have to I'll try something else!

I'd say your plans are actually really interesting me!
I enjoy messing with visuals and bringing more beatiful sprites and etc.
I'm planning to use Attrition mod in my maps, specially for palettes, ATT adds a lot of them (around 60 to 75, or even more), so I can make very atmospheric maps, I recommend you to check it out.
My maps will be like "You must put yourself in Duke's place and then feel it all."
I'm trying to bring something really different and somewhat unexpected in DN maps.
You know, the most important thing in the maps I'm making is to feel it, not feeling it, it's pratically time wasted.
I will not say, of course, a huge thing will come at first.
I'll do small things for now (but not necessarily simple) and see how it goes.

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 20 December 2015 - 07:33 PM

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 20 December 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

I'd say your plans are actually really interesting me!
I enjoy messing with visuals and bringing more beatiful sprites and etc.
I'm planning to use Attrition mod in my maps, specially for palettes, ATT adds a lot of them (around 60 to 75, or even more), so I can make very atmospheric maps, I recommend you to check it out.
My maps will be like "You must put yourself in Duke's place and then feel it all."
I'm trying to bring something really different and somewhat unexpected in DN maps.
You know, the most important thing in the maps I'm making is to feel it, not feeling it, it's pratically time wasted.
I will not say, of course, a huge thing will come at first.
I'll do small things for now (but not necessarily simple) and see how it goes.

I've been researching palettes! I don't properly understand the engine yet. Like, standard versus mod versus CON files versus EDuke32 additions. I'm also fuzzy on palette and lookup table files. I was saving these questions for the editing forum. I will have to check out Attrition mod!

I found tutorials so can make a start with teaching myself the basics of map editing.

Oh, crumbs. You're making me feel excited with the possibilities. I'm hoping it's possible to design a map with a sense of connection or sensuality which begins from an emotional place. Like, different people have different vibes I was hoping this could be expressed within the simplicity of an engine like DN3D. This is partly because I don't want to invest myself in a big and complex modern engine but also felt I wanted to work within a more restricted environment and surprise.

I have no idea what your plans are but I'm delighted we have similar ideas. It's my turn to be surprised!

View PostCultureShock, on 20 December 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

I've been researching palettes! I don't properly understand the engine yet. Like, standard versus mod versus CON files versus EDuke32 additions. I'm also fuzzy on palette and lookup table files. I was saving these questions for the editing forum. I will have to check out Attrition mod!

I found tutorials so can make a start with teaching myself the basics of map editing.

Oh, crumbs. You're making me feel excited with the possibilities. I'm hoping it's possible to design a map with a sense of connection or sensuality which begins from an emotional place. Like, different people have different vibes I was hoping this could be expressed within the simplicity of an engine like DN3D. This is partly because I don't want to invest myself in a big and complex modern engine but also felt I wanted to work within a more restricted environment and surprise.

I have no idea what your plans are but I'm delighted we have similar ideas. It's my turn to be surprised!

It's crazy and cool we have have similar ideas! That doesn't happen often to me.
And yes, it's totally possible, I even started it. I'm a bit sick honestly, of the vast majority of DN maps being only based in action and nothing deep, emotionally goes on behind it.
I see a good side in Mapster (an example of Build engine) restrictions, limitations are fuel to creativity!
I honestly, don't know anything about LOOKUP.dat and PALETTE.dat (I'm also reading tutorials, I'm just starting, like you.) but I'm assuming it's pretty like CON editing in some ways.
Editing con files is a good way to modify how the map will work (in some ways) without installing anything pratically.
Standard is cool, but I feel it's kinda empty and a lot more could be added and improved.
I sadly don't know any EDuke32 add-ons I guess.
And mods, well, they modify the whole game and in some cases, it's open to in-game customization...
Anyway, I'm looking foward to see your creations! :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 21 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 20 December 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

It's crazy and cool we have have similar ideas! That doesn't happen often to me.
And yes, it's totally possible, I even started it. I'm a bit sick honestly, of the vast majority of DN maps being only based in action and nothing deep, emotionally goes on behind it.
I see a good side in Mapster (an example of Build engine) restrictions, limitations are fuel to creativity!
I honestly, don't know anything about LOOKUP.dat and PALETTE.dat (I'm also reading tutorials, I'm just starting, like you.) but I'm assuming it's pretty like CON editing in some ways.
Editing con files is a good way to modify how the map will work (in some ways) without installing anything pratically.
Standard is cool, but I feel it's kinda empty and a lot more could be added and improved.
I sadly don't know any EDuke32 add-ons I guess.
And mods, well, they modify the whole game and in some cases, it's open to in-game customization...
Anyway, I'm looking foward to see your creations! :thumbsup:

People need outlets and use what's available so I won't criticise other people decisions. I'll be happy for now if I can work the editor and pull off a single room concept. I might also have to consider using extended EDuke32 functions or use another engine. I also need to stay emotionally invested so the fun and social side is important too. I have a few months to kill and need a distraction. This was as good as anything else.

I haven't even thought of action. It's not a priority for me. I'd like to create a good navigation experience first. I've always liked exploring and what environments and artefacts say. Emotionally this is less about thrill and more about satisfaction more of an ambiance. If (and it's a big if) I can work in some kind of action events this might be more engaging too. So, really, I'm motivated more by personal exploration and possibilities. If I manage to create anything this will be a big bonus.

View PostCultureShock, on 21 December 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

People need outlets and use what's available so I won't criticise other people decisions. I'll be happy for now if I can work the editor and pull off a single room concept. I might also have to consider using extended EDuke32 functions or use another engine. I also need to stay emotionally invested so the fun and social side is important too. I have a few months to kill and need a distraction. This was as good as anything else.

I haven't even thought of action. It's not a priority for me. I'd like to create a good navigation experience first. I've always liked exploring and what environments and artefacts say. Emotionally this is less about thrill and more about satisfaction more of an ambiance. If (and it's a big if) I can work in some kind of action events this might be more engaging too. So, really, I'm motivated more by personal exploration and possibilities. If I manage to create anything this will be a big bonus.

I think exploration elements are great!
Exploration elements whics tells a story, which radiates feelings.
Cutscenes are a good way to tell stories and Duke Plus mod let you do that (or, without mods, you can use demo cameras to record and then use the file to tell it), secret rooms with some kind of message may be also a good idea.
The ambience will be a priority, so mods can really help me with that.
I think that action can actually be interesting considering the story behind my project, you know, I just want it to mean something.
(Oh, btw, I was not necessarily criticizing, I expressed badly, these maps are cool, I just want something different.)

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 21 December 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

I think exploration elements are great!
Exploration elements whics tells a story, which radiates feelings.
Cutscenes are a good way to tell stories and Duke Plus mod let you do that (or, without mods, you can use demo cameras to record and then use the file to tell it), secret rooms with some kind of message may be also a good idea.
The ambience will be a priority, so mods can really help me with that.
I think that action can actually be interesting considering the story behind my project, you know, I just want it to mean something.
(Oh, btw, I was not necessarily criticizing, I expressed badly, these maps are cool, I just want something different.)

I've been procrastinating and panic attacking. I'm using Linux Mint 17 and sussed desktop shortcuts to EDuke32 and Mapster32 so I now have excuses.

What you suggested sounds very useful. I dug around the forum (and saw your question about shadow decals) and caught some recorded stuff too. Some map editing issues are challenging. For now I'm not yet capable with the basics. It's good to know these facilities exist though. Some of the work people have done is amazing. I wouldn't know where to begin. I certainly want to produce something different but this is more for me than anything. It's a big wrestle when I want to go one way and the engine wants to go another.

At the back of mind I'm hoping to create a map which people don't believe came from the same engine. Creating 2-3 small test rooms is a big challenge alone. Some of what I would like to do may be impossible. This wouldn't surprise me!

I used to be big on meaning. I still am. I do think meaning can be lost in the argument which helps explain why I'm going around what may appear to be the long way. It's not. It's just a different expressive path. Different triggers. Different angles. All arriving at the same place just not the same. Less story and more experience. If I have to I'll be happy with just one screenshot if the map itself is not a playable experience. I don't know. I haven't got this far yet!

So far this a good journey. The company is good and we haven't turned the key to start the engine yet. Ummm. This could be a good road trip!

View PostCultureShock, on 21 December 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

I've been procrastinating and panic attacking. I'm using Linux Mint 17 and sussed desktop shortcuts to EDuke32 and Mapster32 so I now have excuses.

What you suggested sounds very useful. I dug around the forum (and saw your question about shadow decals) and caught some recorded stuff too. Some map editing issues are challenging. For now I'm not yet capable with the basics. It's good to know these facilities exist though. Some of the work people have done is amazing. I wouldn't know where to begin. I certainly want to produce something different but this is more for me than anything. It's a big wrestle when I want to go one way and the engine wants to go another.

At the back of mind I'm hoping to create a map which people don't believe came from the same engine. Creating 2-3 small test rooms is a big challenge alone. Some of what I would like to do may be impossible. This wouldn't surprise me!

I used to be big on meaning. I still am. I do think meaning can be lost in the argument which helps explain why I'm going around what may appear to be the long way. It's not. It's just a different expressive path. Different triggers. Different angles. All arriving at the same place just not the same. Less story and more experience. If I have to I'll be happy with just one screenshot if the map itself is not a playable experience. I don't know. I haven't got this far yet!

So far this a good journey. The company is good and we haven't turned the key to start the engine yet. Ummm. This could be a good road trip!

I think that mixing these are the most important in a map, in my opinion (story and experience), living experiences which tell a story.
These two help each other to develop themselves and turn a map into something well made.
And damn, I have so many ideas I sadly can't do in Build engine, but, I think some of them are already enough to make it different.
I'm doing this not just for myself, but for those few people who thinks "like" me and feel like they're all alone.
I'm using Mac, so running another Duke related programs is not the most simple thing in the world.
Yeah, mapping is not simple.
Pratice, patience, experience and creativity are needed to make maps worth to play in my opinion.
We can talk more about our projects and then develop it together, in a more private way if you want to...

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 21 December 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

I think that mixing these are the most important in a map, in my opinion (story and experience), living experiences which tell a story.
These two help each other to develop themselves and turn a map into something well made.
And damn, I have so many ideas I sadly can't do in Build engine, but, I think some of them are already enough to make it different.
I'm doing this not just for myself, but for those few people who thinks "like" me and feel like they're all alone.
I'm using Mac, so running another Duke related programs is not the most simple thing in the world.
Yeah, mapping is not simple.
Pratice, patience, experience and creativity are needed to make maps worth to play in my opinion.
We can talk more about our projects and then develop it together, in a more private way if you want to...

Yes, I'm sure you're right. I haven't put much thought into story at all. This is deliberate because I don't want to set myself up for anything too big for now. I thought I would self-explore more. It's a different but for me safer dynamic I can manage. I'd like to push the boundaries of the engine but this isn't a priority in itself for me. I'm hoping more for something which reaches out in a way which encourages other people to join in with their experiences. I'd like to generate a "Wow!" and positive attention but at the risk of boring this forum to tears the non-obvious goal is to explore social boundaries and crossovers. The second you mention women's issues most men tune out but I would agree discussion among women can be or appear to be too particular and inward looking and diffuse. These are really questions and motivations for myself. One thing I do want to be careful of is avoiding smug dogmatism. I think this is going to require me examining my story telling later. I'm not sure yet though as I would like for the moment to allow things to evolve and not over-think this.

I had to read some of the topics and comments on this forum two or three times to be sure but I was surprised (although maybe shouldn't be) when they considered and accepted alternative views lost in the big media which can be too much them versus us.

I'm sure you're correct about the required attributes. They sound right to me! I'm all talk for now but I wouldn't rule out closer involvement if this has potentials.

This topic is in the wrong place now isn't it? I'm not sure what forum it should be in.

View PostCultureShock, on 22 December 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

This topic is in the wrong place now isn't it? I'm not sure what forum it should be in.

I think we could start a new topic in "User Maps & Level Editing" forum and continue this conversation there, seems appropriate to me.
Duke4 doesn't have any chat room or anything like that, does it? If it does we could use it, so we wouldn't need to worry about the "right place".

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 22 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 22 December 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

I think we could start a new topic in "User Maps & Level Editing" forum and continue this conversation there, seems appropriate to me.
Duke4 doesn't have any chat room or anything like that, does it? If it does we could use it, so we wouldn't need to worry about the "right place".

Maybe the mods could move this topic? It's not every day you get to discuss forth wave intersectional feminist map design is it? LOL. I best be quiet or they will be saying "Oh, no. Here we go again." I would like to know more about sectors and palettes and stuff. I really need to practice with Mapster first. After a few days with this I should be more comfortable with mapping and have a better sense of direction.

View PostCultureShock, on 22 December 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Maybe the mods could move this topic? It's not every day you get to discuss forth wave intersectional feminist map design is it? LOL. I best be quiet or they will be saying "Oh, no. Here we go again." I would like to know more about sectors and palettes and stuff. I really need to practice with Mapster first. After a few days with this I should be more comfortable with mapping and have a better sense of direction.

I think that might not be a good idea, the main idea of this thread are the positive feedbacks about Duke4.net, and I don't know if they can move specific posts.
Me too, I take a lot of time to make a part of a map, there are a lot of things I got to learn still.
I'm more interested now in effects (of sectors).
Oh, I have no problem with feminists, lol.

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 22 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

• Banned

View PostMeaningless Wounds, on 22 December 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

I think that might not be a good idea, the main idea of this thread are the positive feedbacks about Duke4.net, and I don't know if they can move specific posts.
Me too, I take a lot of time to make a part of a map, there are a lot of things I got to learn still.
I'm more interested now in effects (of sectors).
Oh, I have no problem with feminists, lol.

Profiles have a "Send Me a Message" button. You could PM one of the mods and as them to move your topic or split the topic if this is possible.

After the basics of sectors I will need to understand them better. There's some funny things I'd like to use them for but this may not be straightforward even if it's possible. I may have to try other tricks which thinking about this may be better. I'm itching to show people if what I have in mind is possible but this would ruin the surprise. Another similar trick I thought of would be "What? No way!" For the moment I'm not looking further ahead than a one room map.

I don't know much about sector effects yet. Next to nothing.

It's crossing my mind to change Duke to Bombshell but this might involve a bigger 2-3 room map idea and a HUD change too. Oh, the trauma. I'll need to yank on my skinny jeans and biker jacket and post a new avatar pic. Some guy posted his superbike outside my house last night. It crossed my mind to run out and stage a photo but it was too dark.

I haven't done anything yet. I may put some time in this evening when I have some things out of the way and have calmed down from super-exciting myself.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostCultureShock, on 22 December 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

It's not every day you get to discuss forth wave intersectional feminist map design is it? LOL.

Holy cow. Are we at the fourth wave already. I must have slept thru the third. :thumbsup:

BTW, in the General Discussions area there is a thread for posting photos should you care to do so.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 22 December 2015 - 11:30 AM

• Banned

View PostMark., on 22 December 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Holy cow. Are we at the fourth wave already. I must have slept thru the third. :thumbsup:

LOL.I didn't want to sound pretentious and say fifth wave. It really depends though because a lot of women are third wavy. Some of the more prominent older feminists are stuck in the past with second wave. I have no idea if there is a first wave. The consensus seems to be the fourth wave has arrived. The social and power dynamics are a real nightmare! Men definitely have a simpler life.

I have just began editing. A few panic attacks later and I'm beginning to grasp textures. I must admit this is fun even if they keys are a pain to get used to. Speaking of which why hasn't the interface been updated? Is there a reason why we can't have menus? Actually, no. Keyboard shortcuts can be better once you are used to them. A modern interface would be nice. I wonder if this is possible and Mapster can be more spiffy and easier for beginners while retaining the power of keyboard shortcuts? This is a question for the experts.

User is offline   Mark 

I was just joking about the waves because I'm a guy that hasn't a clue about how many.

• Banned

View PostMark., on 22 December 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

I was just joking about the waves because I'm a guy that hasn't a clue about how many.

I don't think guys generally do. It's mostly an academic and media construction, like, a hook to peg discussion on. It's obviously important to mark progress but not a debate I want to be hugely involved with.

I've put a little effort into learning Mapster. It's scary but I can do things! This is really exciting and I'd like to spend more time with this. I won't know until later what I can or can't do with Mapster but I'm hopeful things will stick and I can understand how what I would like to create may be possible. I'm personally ambitious but this is as far as my ambitions go. I personally fade on the Duke resurgence theme of this topic but if I manage to do anything which you guys like I'll be really pleased with myself.

Some of the guys from the 3DRBB days have visited and I'm not copping any heat. This is really funny but I can't say I'm displeased. It feels really nice to be posting here actually. You guys have been really awesome.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options