Duke4.net Forums: Looking for DNF demo files - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for DNF demo files  "Unedited 'SteamApps/common/duke nukem forever demo' files"

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Since those cheeky bastards had overwritten the demo app id (57900) with the full release of the game, the files are now completely lost unless someone has managed to save them before the release of the full game.

I was wise enough to save the files myself, but I made the mistake of disregarding them as I ran out of disk space, so I only have the executable file left.

Any help would be appreciated.

I can't believe on the steam it says "mostly positive reviews" :/.

Why do you need the demo files? You can pick the game up for $5 at most gamestops now a days.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 09 November 2015 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

There are unused strings in the demo files that are not in the final release and potentially more things.

• Ancient Blood God

Anyone?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

If you had the Demo files, you could reverse the removal of the console. There's a UI file that has the missing necessary data.

View Posticecoldduke, on 09 November 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

I believe it, I'm one of them, Always bet on Duke.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I thought I'd stored it somewhere else, but I can't find it. I may have deleted it as well. If you installed the demo now, will it have the same files? I can do that for you, zip up the folder and zing it over to you.

Actually, is it still available? Steam won't show it to me. It may be because I already have it. This isn't an insurmountable problem though.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 11 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

• Ancient Blood God

Like I said, you can NOT install the demo anymore, they replaced the demo completely with the full version of the game on Steam.

I have the demo on a DVD, I burnt the files to it ages ago. I recently moved interstate however and won't have the disc until tomorrow (and likely won't have an internet connection for a little longer)

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 07 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

I have archived a version of the demo too, it's a cracked version that doesn't require Steam to work. I still haven't found the time to add it to my DNF Museum, though.

User is offline   Gambini 

Why do you need the demo files? You can pick the game up for $5 at most gamestops now a days.

I think DNF came before user recommendations got converted to the user review system, thumps up and down came later and when that happened all old reviews got converted into "positive" reviews (at least all the ones i wrote). There´s no way DNF would be mostly positive, it would probably be "variated".

Altered Reality: my demo copy is also cracked. I don't assume it'd be playable anymore otherwise

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Console commands work in the demo.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 December 2015 - 05:30 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

SOMEONE GET THIS WORKING DAMMIT

View PostPerson of Color, on 09 December 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

SOMEONE GET THIS WORKING DAMMIT

Why? What do you plan on doing with the debug commands?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 09 December 2015 - 06:25 AM

Spawning infinite turds everywhere and removing mouse acceleration

View PostPerson of Color, on 14 December 2015 - 12:37 AM, said:

Spawning infinite turds everywhere and removing mouse acceleration

Seems like a lot of work just to remove mouse acceleration...

• The Sarien Encounter

Seems like a lot of work to revamp an antiquated engine renderer for no profit. :thumbsup:

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 December 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Seems like a lot of work to revamp an antiquated engine renderer for no profit. :thumbsup:

I want to play a Duke game that doesn't suck. The PolymerNG effort is focused on doing just that, and that is pretty selfish goal. Fucking with mouse acceleration won't make DNF suck any less.

• The Sarien Encounter

My point is it's fun to mess with stuff and make your things work the way you want.

• Ancient Blood God

Up.

Still looking for a copy.

You should try asking around on Beta Archive. They have all kinds of shit. You'll probably need at least 25 posts before you can do anything but those guys even have betas of the Dreamcast development software and tons of games.

User is offline   Jeff 

Would any console key work for DNF? Or does it have to be one specifically for that particular engine they used?

Here's one from UE3.

[Engine.Console]
MaxScrollbackSize=1024
HistoryBot=-1
ConsoleKey=Tilde

This post has been edited by Jeff: 02 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

I looked for the disc, but couldn't find it. It's probably in the only box we haven't unpacked, so unless you want to wait a while, someone else will probably have to post it for now :\

• Ancient Blood God

I got two versions of the demo now. Still looking for a third to do a comparison of which of them is the least edited from the Steam default files.

So, did you have a peek in the demo files yet? Anything worth mentioning?

BUMP.

Who has the demo files? Anyone?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I thought I might have them. I checked and found out that I don't. Sorry.

• Ancient Blood God

Just PM me or hook me up on <social media> if you needed them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options