Duke4.net Forums: Help with .DEF files - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with .DEF files  "Setting 2D sprite colours"

Looking at the wiki, it implies you can use a .DEF file to specify the appearence of a sprite in mapster's 2D mode. So I tried this:

tilefromtexture 884 {
  file "0884_d.png"
}

2dcol 64 0 128 128
2dcol 65 128 128 0

spritecol 884 64 65

The tilefromtexture just helped confirm the def file really was being used. Which it is. And there are no error messages in the log file.

In r5265, the sprite 884 is always shown as black, whether blocking or not.

In r5440, the sprite is a blue colour (completely independant of what colour I define in 2dcol) that does not change with blocking state. Without the def file, the colour is a sort of magnolia so the statement is doing something.

Have I got the right syntax ?

TTFN,
Jon

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I think the feature is currently broken, but the color ranges were 0-63 like VGA.

View PostTerminX, on 05 November 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

I think the feature is currently broken, but the color ranges were 0-63 like VGA.

Thanks TerminX,

I tried lower color numbers - it changed the 2d sprite colour but still not related to the colours I typed in. But if it's bust, it's bust. Shame - I was hoping to prototype restoring original sprite colouring to a point as regards blocking, but wanted to keep the alternate colouring of sprites that ignore their mapster-set blocking states and also highlighting certain other sprites differently (such as weapons, etc) before trying to come up with a patch.

TTFN,
Jon

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

See the changes for synthesis r5430 when it will be built.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options