• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Forces  "a proposed TC for Duke 3D, inspired by Dark Forces"

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 20 February 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Here's an example of what's possible:

Those sound great! Let's forget about any ignorant statement I made and move on. If you would like to be in charge of music for this project, you have my blessing. Just submit any tracks to me in a PM or email.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTrooper Dan, on 20 February 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

If you would like to be in charge of music for this project, you have my blessing. Just submit any tracks to me in a PM or email.

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostFantinaikos, on 20 February 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

For most of the DOS era Lucasarts composed tracks almost exclusively basing on a MT-32 or a Adlib. Digitalized version began from from CD-ROM era that usually was 256 color of their games.

In the early years, maybe. After the SC-55 came out, though, that was the new standard. A shame as MT-32 support fell by the wayside as a result. As far as the software goes, though, they mostly used SPG.

MT-32 was best for music, Adblib was best for the variety of sounds (and good music). The only platform i know that allow to have both at the same time is the hybrid mode of SCUMMVM. Often it depends on the track composition, for ex Fate of Atlantis was even better on Adlib.

Today the thing that most closely to MT-32 is a Scc1t2 soundcard soundfont http://stash.reaper....3360/Scc1t2.sf2

• The Sarien Encounter

Never heard of MUNT then?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 20 February 2016 - 02:06 PM

I've never needed vanilla MUNT for use the roms and obtain the actual MT-32, the fork integrated in most of the emulation tool works perfectly for me.

My roms are based on CM32L model.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

My point was that MUNT is a hundred times closer than an SCC1t2 soundfont.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Just over 5 weeks until the first release of Duke Forces. This release probably won't have new maps, but it will work with any existing Duke 3D maps.

Sometimes the "little" things are more important than the "big" things. A little thing I added today: when you load up a user map that is not in one of the defined episodes, the level music will be a random track, instead of dethtoll. Because no matter what your "dethtoll" track is, it gets old after a while.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 March 2016 - 10:04 PM, said:

A little thing I added today: when you load up a user map that is not in one of the defined episodes, the level music will be a random track, instead of dethtoll. Because no matter what your "dethtoll" track is, it gets old after a while.

This needs to be its own separate mod.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Let's get some radar up in here.

Posted Image

User is offline   Spiker 

Clearly it's been Photoshoped Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

What the heck do I use to replace SHARK?

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 April 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

What the heck do I use to replace SHARK?

Scuba Trooper or modified Dianoga .

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 08 April 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Scuba Trooper or modified Dianoga .

Sorry, but I don't think either of those would be good choices. For one thing, those would both be serious enemies, whereas a shark is not. I just want something that looks like it could belong in the star wars universe and isn't too threatening. Also, IIRC the only Dianoga sprites we have are for when it is coming out on top of water, not swimming underneath -- that would require more than just a little sprite editing.

The prequels come in help then, the Opee Sea Killer http://www.scifi3d.c...atID=13&key=321 could be a good choise. It even exist the dwarf version.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 08 April 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

The prequels come in help then, the Opee Sea Killer http://www.scifi3d.c...atID=13&key=321 could be a good choise. It even exist the dwarf version.

Yeah, that would be a fine choice, but I would need sprites for it. As a temporary placeholder, I will use this thing from Strife (attached). Sorry to say, but there will be some compromises like this in the first release.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: AL1PC0.png

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Beta testing has begun, and there are a few spots left. I am keeping this beta test small, and if you are interested please let me know as soon as possible. You don't need to be a Star Wars fan. I am looking for trustworthy players who can provide detailed bug reports and feedback.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options