Duke4.net Forums: mod cutscenes and voice - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mod cutscenes and voice

User is offline   KovalPL 

Hi! Quite some time took me to toy around with basic modding duke nukem 3d :) I was serching info about cutscenes. Not like in Duke Nukem at the end or beginning of chapter but after certain event. How I can code them to look like those in doom legacy of suffering (I mean cutscenes on game engine, or if not I want to play video)

Second question:
Is it possible to play voice at certain event? Just like in Halo series when I see something or make?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There are some mods using EDuke32 that do what you want, but you would need pretty good knowledge of the scripting system to find and port the code responsible for making cutscenes from those mods.

and what about making duke talk when he will see something or make?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostKovalPL, on 31 October 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

and what about making duke talk when he will see something or make?

You can make maps where Duke says lines at certain points without any special modding. If you want it scripted to a particular actor, rather than the map, then it takes a little coding but it's much easier than making cutscenes.

thx a lot :) Can you recommend some mods where cutscenes are? That will be very helpful ;d

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostKovalPL, on 31 October 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

thx a lot :) Can you recommend some mods where cutscenes are? That will be very helpful ;d

Of my own mods, there are DukePlus and WGR2 (only the later versions). Jblade has a nice cutscene system in AMC TC. There are probably others but I don't know any more.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options