Duke4.net Forums: Weapon Elevator Cache - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weapon Elevator Cache  "sprites will not spawn on hidden center floor elevator"

User is offline   Nukester10 

If you make an elevator in the center of a room so that when the elevator has raised a player will see a shotgun for example that they can grab? I tryed this I even created a ledge for the shotgun sprite to rest on but the shotgun sprite will not spawn!? The elevator I made is card activated and it's U-shaped First I tried just setting the sprite on a thin ledge and the sprite would move around facing the player when the player moved around the room no good,then I simply just attached the sprite to the wall of the elevator so that it wouldn't move around and still the sprite refused to spawn when the elevator had risen!? Can you actually make hidden elevators with weapons and ammo on them that a player can use with eduke32???

User is online   blizzart 

Nukester10, on 07 October 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

If you make an elevator in the center of a room so that when the elevator has raised a player will see a shotgun for example that they can grab? I tryed this I even created a ledge for the shotgun sprite to rest on but the shotgun sprite will not spawn!? The elevator I made is card activated and it's U-shaped First I tried just setting the sprite on a thin ledge and the sprite would move around facing the player when the player moved around the room no good,then I simply just attached the sprite to the wall of the elevator so that it wouldn't move around and still the sprite refused to spawn when the elevator had risen!? Can you actually make hidden elevators with weapons and ammo on them that a player can use with eduke32???

I hope I understood what was meant.

Will this "elevator" also been in use as a elevator or is it just used to raise the shotgun? If the latter, this would be the way to go IMO: http://infosuite.duk...page=ae_vert_b1

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

My link

I suggest using SE31 (Floor Z). Allows you to place the SE to where the platform should either be initially or after the trigger.
More control this way.

If you actually need to use that elevator "normally" afterwards then you want to go with regular tagged ones. Be sure that the shotgun sprite doesn't spawn inside the geometry.

It was an easy fix guys Thanks! All I did was just copy and paste the Sector sprites and place them in the thin shelf sector I mentioned earlier for the shogun sprite to rest upon then upon testing the shotgun sprite appeared in game.

But though...I still have 2 more issues,

1. Upon viewing the shotgun sprite in 3D Mode in Mapster no matter how Big I stretched the sprite once I went and tested the map in eduke32 and the hidden cache raised the shotgun sprite would be "Small"!? Remember,this is a Red Sector,whether or not the sector being red or not has anything to do with the sprite shrinking back down to size I don't know.

2. With the shotgun sprite resting on the thin shelf sector I still can't figure out how to keep this sprite from facing the player everytime you move left or right around the room!?

User is online   blizzart 

Nukester10, on 08 October 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

It was an easy fix guys Thanks! All I did was just copy and paste the Sector sprites and place them in the thin shelf sector I mentioned earlier for the shogun sprite to rest upon then upon testing the shotgun sprite appeared in game.

But though...I still have 2 more issues,

1. Upon viewing the shotgun sprite in 3D Mode in Mapster no matter how Big I stretched the sprite once I went and tested the map in eduke32 and the hidden cache raised the shotgun sprite would be "Small"!? Remember,this is a Red Sector,whether or not the sector being red or not has anything to do with the sprite shrinking back down to size I don't know.

2. With the shotgun sprite resting on the thin shelf sector I still can't figure out how to keep this sprite from facing the player everytime you move left or right around the room!?

IIRC, actor sprites always stay at their size ingame. Same goes for the alignment.

Ok,so basically all that means is that if I want to make the shotgun look bigger then all I need to do is make the weapon cache cabinet smaller problem 1 solved.

What about the sprite constantly moving facing the player? I'd rather just let the shotgun sprite rest freely on the thin shelf then at least I know it will spawn when the cache rises from the floor but yet like I said I don't want it to constantly move facing the player either? I guess I could try pasting it on the back behind the thin shelf but doing so it may not spawn or in other words it may spawn but the player won't be able to view the shotgun sprite because it's sandwiched between two red sectors and unable to be viewed properly,I believe I did try this before and this is precisely what happened and if I decided to remove the thin shelf it won't spawn then because the sprite would end up being sandwiched between the cache wall that it's attached to and the floor,so there's no room for the sprite to spawn and the spawning of this sprite simply will not happen,I think I recall trying this as well and that's exactly what happened too.

This post has been edited by Nukester10: 10 October 2015 - 07:41 PM

Basically I just finished the hidden card activated weapon cache elevator.The cache is finished for now. The shotgun sprite still moves around and I can deal with that which brings me to the conclusion that you can paste n grab a weapon sprite off of a white sector but not off of a red sector that has another red sector in front,otherwise the weapon sprite will not become visible to the player.Anyhow! Thanks Guys!

This post has been edited by Nukester10: 15 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options