Duke4.net Forums: Dynamicremap in ep.2 bonus screen - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamicremap in ep.2 bonus screen

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am trying to replace episode 2 with city maps and want to change the bonus (level ending) screen from space to city version.

I am using this code:
dynamicremap
define 3245 3240
define 3246 3241
define 3247 3242
define 3248 3243
define 3249 3244

However, it doesn't work, still shows space version of the bonus screen. I am loading it before game.con, btw.

I already tried the reverse thing, putting space version instead of city, but for episode slots 5-7 (basically the same code, just with numbers reversed). That worked. Is episode 2 hardcoded so dynamicremap doesn't work there?

Using EDuke32 r5375 32-bit.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 October 2015 - 07:25 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm not sure where to begin. You can't define numeric constants as labels. Even if you could, it wouldn't take effect in-game, where the source code does use numeric constants. The closest you could get to the result you want with dynamicremap would be changing the BONUSSCREEN label, but it wouldn't do what you want because the game does this:

gfx_offset = (ud.volume_number==1) ? 5 : 0;
    rotatesprite_fs(160<<16,100<<16,65536L,0,BONUSSCREEN+gfx_offset,0,0,2+8+64+128+BGSTRETCH);

Instead, what you could use is a recent def hack feature I added for HTTKC.

copytile 3245 { tile 3240 }
copytile 3246 { tile 3241 }
copytile 3247 { tile 3242 }
copytile 3248 { tile 3243 }
copytile 3249 { tile 3244 }

This will overwrite the ART tiles themselves, which will achieve the effect you want. If you want to run with the HRP, you'll also need to redefine the textures for 3240-3244 over 3245-3249 manually, as copytile only applies to the ART tiles themselves.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Excellent! That works like a charm. I dunno why my method worked for episode slots 5-7, though. xD Anyway, I will use this solution also for that purpose then. Thanks a lot for the fast assistance!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The source code use the labels from an internal copy of defs.con. Dynamicremap allows you to redefine the internal labels. However some tiles don't have labels, i.e. additional frames of the BONUSSCREEN, so you can redefine them by using the tile numbers. But I don't recommend to use the later, since it doesn't seem to be intentional by Eduke developers.

This post has been edited by Fox: 19 July 2017 - 07:09 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options