Duke4.net Forums: Ash vs Evil Dead - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ash vs Evil Dead  "It's coming, and so am I!"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I remember a few years back, Bruce Campbell was doing a Q&A(I think it was called "Bruce Campbell Unexpurgated" or something like that), and as always when he's around Evil Dead came up. He was trying to dissuade the crowd to the idea. One of the main things he mentioned was, as a negative. "Old Ash, with his walker, fighting monsters." Now I always thought that sounded awesome and hilarious. Which it looks like that's what they've gone for here. To me it looks like it'll be a helluva good time.

Sam Raimi is directing the pilot, and has basically set the tone for the series. He also wants to come back for season 2 and direct some more. Bruce is in top form. I'm really really excited for this.

Hell yes, I'm crazy pumped for this show. Looks incredible! And I've got a sweet Army of Darkness poster right above this computer, with the Evil Dead 2 skullface in the background.

This show will be.... groovy.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 07 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm very skeptic. Bruce and Sam have both really sucked for like 15 years give or take one or two films. I'm seeing some dumb Resident Evil-y shit in all the released media too. It could swing good or bad. Considering Army of Darkness came out 23 years ago and Bruce/Sam have had bad track records since then.... If its worth a fuck it'll be a miracle.

User is offline   Komenja 

Looks like some good cheesy fun, shame I don't watch TV anymore.

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 07 October 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm seeing some dumb Resident Evil-y shit in all the released media too.

How do you mean? As in, effects, character, story, or the way things are shot?

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

If it ends up on Netflix or Amazon Prime I'll watch it. Looks fun.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 08 October 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

How do you mean? As in, effects, character, story, or the way things are shot?

Just look at the preview picture on the first video in this thread. That is not Evil Dead/Army of Darkness style at all. Whatsoever. Nope.

It's a 2015 cable TV version. The humor and writing looks very Army of Darkness to me. This looks even more funny, and for me, that is not a bad thing by any means. Looks like it'll have groovy badass scenes of him killing deadites and saying cool shit as well. All in all, to me, this looks like the greatest work ever produced in the entertainment industry. So my expectations are fairly high. :)

Been waiting years and years for Bruce to get the chance to let loose like this, he's been tied to Burn Notice for so long. Goddamn he's funny.

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 08 October 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Just look at the preview picture on the first video in this thread. That is not Evil Dead/Army of Darkness style at all. Whatsoever. Nope.

It rather reminds me of the Vores from Quake, to be honest.

Saw it tonight, incredible! Pretty much the best episode of TV ever produced. Bruce let loose like this with this kind of material, directed by Raimi no less, that's some groovy TV!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Fairly impressed. I hope they keep it up. I can't believe they fuckin' did it.

• Judge Mental

You can watch the first episode free here thanks to the Ash vs Evil Dead facebook page!
https://www.facebook...06290926219371/

This is gonna hurt... One more for papa!

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I'm loving the series, gonna be plenty of material for Duke to steal in his next game :)

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Watched some of it with a friend of mine. Really damn well made, and funny as hell.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Love how it's filmed in New Zealand (very hard to tell) and that we get to see the episodes before most other places. :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've been keeping up with this. It was pretty good at the start, but now it's starting to feel kind of stale.

Still rocks in my book, and eps 2 and 3 were some of my favs, I think that dinner scene is my fav. The two parter was a bit more "middle act chillin'" kind of thing, and we still have up to episode 10. But hey, thumbs up for me, Bruce is delivering the comedy goods. I'm sure I'd enjoy years of this show with him doing his thing.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 06 December 2015 - 05:28 AM

User is offline   axl 

I just watched the first season of Ash Vs The Evil Dead. And I gotta say, this is pretty damn awesome.

Considering the influence of Army of Darkness on both Blood and Duke Nukem 3D, I say this is pretty much essential to fans of both franchises.

• Judge Mental

View Postaxl, on 02 April 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

I just watched the first season of Ash Vs The Evil Dead. And I gotta say, this is pretty damn awesome.

Considering the influence of Army of Darkness on both Blood and Duke Nukem 3D, I say this is pretty much essential to fans of both franchises.

Indeed. They've done a very good job.A few bumps in the road and slippy moments here and there, but otherwise I've really enjoyed it.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Unfortunately, season 3 will be the last season.

• Judge Mental

Yeah... I'm pretty bummed about that. As I understand it they had originally intended to do five seasons, but hey... My favorite show of all time only got three seasons, so it seems fitting that another cult show only managed three.

• Honored Donor

TBH I’m not sure where the show could have gone after season three. I mean it sounds like he’s about to fight the ultimate evil. Where do you go after ultimate?

User is offline   xMobilemux 

A Farewell to Arms.
Posted Image

As for the series, I loved it, but I was thinking that the series was starting to show that it was loosing steam.
The first clue for me was when they played the Evil Ash card a second time, so I'm glad it's ending before it becomes stale.

Still I'm very happy we got 15+ hours of Ash in a series rather than a 90 minute movie.

Hail to the King baby!

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 24 April 2018 - 01:17 AM

• Honored Donor

Well I just saw the final episode. It was probably about the most fitting end you could think of for Ash Williams' character. It would have been quite interesting to see what would have come next, but since it had to end, I'm glad it ended with a bang.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options