Duke4.net Forums: Honestly I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 129 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Honestly I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.  "Something about Wieder masturbating from the ceiling?"

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I saw MDE live tonight and I got to shake Sam's hand.

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostMark., on 29 November 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Same here. I wondered what Ross Perot could do and now I'm equally curious with Trump.
Exactly... I SO wanted him to have a shot at the presidency to see what might have been.

View PostMblackwell, on 29 November 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

Eh, I feel like he's more likely to work with that in order to line his own pockets.
You might be right... I have to say I am mostly ignorant to how he actually conducts business. I must also admit that the wealthiest person I know personally (retired) from Wall Street, doesn't really support him. That carries a huge amount of weight for me... but I am not sure he has liked any candidate ever really, so it might be more a lesser of evils, but barely, type thing.

Well maybe there is a chance Trump views the financial health of the US as important to lining his own pockets, and will work with that a bit. Hell, most anything the government does that benefits "the people" is only a side effect of them getting what they want.
MrBlackCat

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 30 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

User is offline   Drek 

http://www.huffingto...4b0dfd4bcbfe8d0

The more you speak about Islam and against all Muslims, the more terrorists we create

Here is a PC quote I found. It sounds more like a threat than an argument against Trump's hate speech.

This post has been edited by Drek: 17 December 2015 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostDrek, on 17 December 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

Here is a PC quote I found. It sounds more like a threat than an argument against Trump's hate speech.

Funny, you can say what you want about my beliefs or lack thereof but I won't go crazy and start killing as many random people as possible..... Militant/political Islam must be crushed under the giant boot of the every country not supporting it.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Could you imagine the backlash if any other ethnic group said this?

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I heard an interesting little tidbit of info this morning that I haven't looked into yet but I'll bring it up anyway. How often do we hear the cries from the Left about "closing the gunshow loophole" to keep criminals from buying their weapons at those shows. There was a study and report from the Justice Dept back in 2001 but I think the numbers are probably still close to today's. The report said that only 7 tenths of 1 percent of the criminals interviewed said they bought their weapon at a gun show. Once again the Left shouts to the rooftops about another gun control law, and again it would do little to solve the problem of gun violence while increasing the cost and convenience of the legal buyer and seller. Add to this the ignorance of a lot of these people that don't even realize that licensed gun dealers DO perform backround checks at the shows. Private sellers are the ones that are not required to do so. They seem to think no checks at all are made at the shows, that its a free-for-all wild west gun swapfest that criminals attend.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 17 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

These are the kind of people who are in charge of gun control.

Posted Image
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!

User is offline   Striker 

• Honored Donor

View PostPerson of Color, on 17 December 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

These are the kind of people who are in charge of gun control.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Bkt1vAX0MRM

Typical reality TV show trash. You can't honestly believe any of that is actually true, do you?

View PostMark., on 29 November 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

Obama is actually good at 2 things. Lying with a straight face and community organizing.

I dunno... I wouldn't say he hasn't done ANY good for your country. He's managed to keep a decent number of his promises, and compromised when things didn't work out as originally planned. I would have traded him for my country's last prime minister, Stephen Harper (who's a corrupt goon who nearly destroyed Canada and what it stood for. I'm glad he's mostly gone now).

http://www.politifac...s-top-promises/

Now, keep in mind, I don't approve of some of what he's done, such as playing into lobbyist hands regarding invasion of privacy and whatnot. I can respect what he attempted to do regarding Healthcare (trying to make it more like Canada's, which has been known to work pretty well), but the execution was flawed. It's a damn shame a lot of the other promises he made didn't follow through...

On the subject of Trump though, It's hilarious how much he shows up here. He's such a fucking moron. http://www.politifac...ngs/pants-fire/

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 18 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Obama is a pragmatist, and is will to compromise or change course in order to get things accomplished. However, Americans HATE that kind of politicking and prefer that everyone take a hard line approach.

...and then they wonder why congress is always gridlocked.

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...

User is offline   Striker 

• Honored Donor

In a world where nothing is certain, you do have to be adaptable. Many Americans are the farthest from adaptable, or at least it would seem that way from my observation. Would explain why everything is in such chaos right now.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 18 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

View PostMblackwell, on 18 December 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

Obama is a pragmatist, and is will to compromise or change course in order to get things accomplished. However, Americans HATE that kind of politicking and prefer that everyone take a hard line approach...and then they wonder why congress is always gridlocked.

Strikerman said: He's managed to keep a decent number of his promises, and compromised when things didn't work out as originally planned

Bah. He doesn't compromise, he bypasses Congress constantly. Legally and illegally. His spokesperson just last week was listing Obama's victories over the Republicans. Most of those accomplishments were done with Presidential orders. I suppose in some weird way bypassing Congress is considered changing course. The promises he has kept are for the most part hurting this country. So I don't think him keeping promises is a good thing.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 December 2015 - 07:11 PM

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMark., on 19 December 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

Bah. He doesn't compromise, he bypasses Congress constantly. Legally and illegally. His spokesperson just last week was listing Obama's victories over the Republicans.

If you're referring to the Press Secretary, he's intended to be the propaganda mouthpiece for the President. Jay Carney was an excellent example of that.

Keep Radar away!

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I don't know how those guys can sleep at night. They have to be morally bankrupt.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

View PostMark., on 19 December 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

I don't know how those guys can sleep at night. They have to be morally bankrupt.

I read a marketers comment explaining why people dislike marketing. He said it's because marketing sold a story. I think what people don't like and I agree with this is politicians positions are often big white lies. The problems begin when you cheapen your product so much it defeats it's own purpose. It's not then a surprise when people feel lied to is it?

I don't like lying or compromising and hate being placed in situations where I feel I'm pressured to do this. You can sometimes find yourself in an impossible position and it's so easy to give in. I don't know if there is any answer to this. I've had to struggle a lot myself because I've been placed in this position. This makes me angry and I end up hurting and hating the whole world if I'm not careful which makes things worse. I've been discussing this kind of things with friends recently. Their experiences and suggestions are all different. If there is a common theme it's that people who can make a difference do stand up for this when they can and they take time to reach out. One friend is able to give herself a leg up within the system and is super motivated with her own activities. Another friend runs her own business and she suggested to start over. This is all super confusing but I think if there is a point is not to confuse the system with people. I know it's easy to give advice and be angry with how things are but I'm also beginning to value more what opportunities I do have and how I can use them. If I can stay truthful to myself and be kind and not forget other people have difficulties I don't think this would be bad at all.

Writing this post was hard work (and apologies for Too Much Information) but I found working through this was really good self-therapy.

Save the attitude for someone who cares.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I'm sending you my bill with 50 percent off our first session. ;)

You mentioned about staying true to yourself and using opportunities that present themselves. I've heard lots of people say that even though they constantly hear about how bad things are in the U.S. right now, nothing says they have to participate in the doom and gloom. Like myself, their life is continuing for the better through it all.

User is offline   Hank 

this is from my girl about a fired beauty contestant.
http://www.freep.com...moore/77708254/

It looks like, saying anything against terrorist will be deleted on twitter and you have a hope in hell becoming miss america. So much for freedom of speech in the US. Until this moment I thought it's only bad in Canada, but I was wrong.

b.t.w. no clue who Moore is, at least I don't recall seen a movie with him as a director, nor do I care what he has to say, as soon as you tell me I am a Muslim ... wrong, I am me, last time I checked, free of any fucking cult or culture.

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

• Banned

View PostMark., on 21 December 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm sending you my bill with 50 percent off our first session. ;)

You mentioned about staying true to yourself and using opportunities that present themselves. I've heard lots of people say that even though they constantly hear about how bad things are in the U.S. right now, nothing says they have to participate in the doom and gloom. Like myself, their life is continuing for the better through it all.

My life isn't entirely as I would like things to be arranged but it's been worse! Good opportunity does exist. I hope I can make use of this in the months ahead. I do feel though for people who do have things hard.

I believe in natural therapy (which is a valid approach discussed in medical journals) so your fee will buy us both dinner! :)

LOL.I'm bad aren't I?

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Since I charged only half price its going to be McDonalds.

• Banned

View PostMark., on 21 December 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Since I charged only half price its going to be McDonalds.

LOL. I asked for that. :D I've become a bit spoilt actually. I do have a thing though for fries or a hotdog on a cold cloudy day by the beach. I don't know why. Maybe reliving childhood memories and loving the stark solitude. I can't help thinking how lucky we are today. Things like this? Impossible on the edges of living memory.

sorry.I get moments like this. I like to remind myself how lucky I am when all is said and done. It's one of the things I was brought up with as a child. I dislike not appreciating things even if I do forget sometimes.

• Glory To Motherland!

You sure have changed a lot since you last started posting on here. For the better I might add.

Keep Radar away!

User is offline   Flying Techbot 

View PostRonan, on 17 December 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

Funny, you can say what you want about my beliefs or lack thereof but I won't go crazy and start killing as many random people as possible..... Militant/political Islam must be crushed under the giant boot of the every country not supporting it.

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 17 December 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Could you imagine the backlash if any other ethnic group said this?

I know I'm gonna get RPG'd for posting this, but I think you guys warped the context on this one. Malala's not a terrorist, nor an advocate for fundamentalist crazies. All she said was that if you persecute a religion for the crimes of a small percentage of crazies, it'll give the crazies more ammunition for their propaganda, and the chance to recruit more dumb people to their cause. I think she understands the mindset of the crazies better than Trump does, since she's personally been on the Taliban's hit list, and hasn't been popular with Pakistan for her views either. She was even shot in the head once by a Taliban crazy for trying to get girls to be educated, and she's still trying to petition Pakistan to educate more girls despite getting shot. She's more like one of those peace activists who believe that non-violent assertiveness and better education could reduce the power of the crazies and prevent more effed-up bloodbaths. I'm not saying that it's flawless, but it is damnright impressive when a peace activist can do more to change people's minds than an atomic pipe-bomb (though that would be a nice weapon for Duke to have). It's kind of like playing Undertale on the pacifist route: it's harder, but it can potentially change the minds of your enemies.

You guys can believe what you want. I just want to lay it out there about where Malala comes from before she's put on the PC blacklist. I am prepared to be Shrink Rayed and stomped.

This post has been edited by Flying Techbot: 21 December 2015 - 10:46 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostFlying Techbot, on 21 December 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

I know I'm gonna get RPG'd for posting this, but I think you guys warped the context on this one. Malala's not a terrorist, nor an advocate for fundamentalist crazies. All she said was that if you persecute a religion for the crimes of a small percentage of crazies, it'll give the crazies more ammunition for their propaganda, and the chance to recruit more dumb people to their cause. I think she understands the mindset of the crazies better than Trump does, since she's personally been on the Taliban's hit list, and hasn't been popular with Pakistan for her views either. She was even shot in the head once by a Taliban crazy for trying to get girls to be educated, and she's still trying to petition Pakistan to educate more girls despite getting shot. She's more like one of those peace activists who believe that non-violent assertiveness and better education could reduce the power of the crazies and prevent more effed-up bloodbaths. I'm not saying that it's flawless, but it is damnright impressive when a peace activist can do more to change people's minds than an atomic pipe-bomb (though that would be a nice weapon for Duke to have). It's kind of like playing Undertale on the pacifist route: it's harder, but it can potentially change the minds of your enemies.

You guys can believe what you want. I just want to lay it out there about where Malala comes from before she's put on the PC blacklist. I am prepared to be Shrink Rayed and stomped.

What she is saying is true, that doesn't make it ok. So by criticizing an intolerant/fascist ideology we bring the crazies to the surface? I say bring them to the surface and pound them into dust, we will not be held hostage by their lunacy or fear of it.

I predict that being a sunni wahabi muslim in the near future will be just as acceptable as being a nazi.

• Banned

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 21 December 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

You sure have changed a lot since you last started posting on here. For the better I might add.

Well, thank you very much! I learned my lesson and am keeping out of the way of men arguing. This topic is very thought provoking and touches on some important issues. I won't be drawn in but they touch on personal things I need to spend time integrating. It's quite a balancing act. I'm not really sure but am wondering if I've already said too much!

User is offline   Drek 

https://archive.is/PhTiS

User is offline   Sangman 

Haven't been reading this thread. Has anyone on here ever met a person who called you a sexist, racist or whatever the fuck for saying something innocent?

traB pu kciP

• Banned

View PostSangman, on 03 January 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Haven't been reading this thread. Has anyone on here ever met a person who called you a sexist, racist or whatever the fuck for saying something innocent?

I have been accused of discrimination myself. I must admit it's very hurtful when this happens and I didn't completely understand why at the time. Another problem is people who have been discriminated against can over-react and they themselves discriminate. It's not a popular topic but discrimination can also occur within groups who are discriminated against.

I made a discrimination complaint myself and should be discussing this next week with a supervisor. I personally believe this is a senior management issue. I'm not sure how this will progress. It's the kind of problem that if you don't solve properly keeps happening. It's complicated because you have to examine this from a lot of different angles and organisations don't always function in a way which easily accommodates this.

I recommend you read up on structural discrimination and stereotyping. This may not provide an answer but may help you understand why perceptions differ.

Not really. One of the perks of living in New York is that we've invented more racial slurs than anywhere, ever.

Ellis Island invented all the most commonly used slurs for white people. It's pretty fucking awesome, you dago wop kike.

If you can't handle that, the faggots and losers in Williamsburg will gladly rent you a loft. There's a reason "little San Francisco" exists, they can't handle the real world and they'd rather preach from a pedestal. VICE relocated there and promptly went to shit...not even surprised.

Funny thing about real multicultural societies...nobody fucking cares. You don't need to force anything. It just kind of happens based on certain factors and events.

There are very few of them throughout history...VERY few. Take note Europe. You can't force this shit. If it happens, it happens. So fucking appreciate what you had, it was great to begin with.

This entire left wing movement is based on ignorance. These European leaders fly here for U.N. meetings and leave. If they spent a year here at least some of them would have their eyes opened. It's the ultimate meritocracy. Nobody cares what race you are because it's a waste of our fucking time, and means nothing. If you can't contribute economically or culturally no one cares.

The Muslims will be expelled within the next ten years, if not sooner. I'm guessing within five. There's a very high chance that Europe will have multiple 9/11's, what happened in France was just the warm up. We're already seeing refugee camps and buildings being burned down. It's only a matter of time. Tolerance of Islam is due to ignorance of religion in general.

The postmodernist left are fucked.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 03 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

• Glory To Motherland!

In person? Thankfully, no, never. No reasonable person would behave this way.

But the is sort of Tumblrtopia mentality is rampant on social media and my Facebook news feed was frequently littered with shared memes of anonymous individuals bewailing white privilege. I had to trim it significantly because it was starting to get agitating.

Keep Radar away!

• Banned

I'd really love to comment in this topic. I have opinions but don't know... I feel like anything I say will be perceived as argumentative or redundant.

Privilege does exist and can be very annoying to experience being on the receiving end of. It's hard to say who is worst. If it's not men trying to dominate women can beat down on you too. I've been ripped down by men for not dressing as feminine as they prefer and been carefully instructed. Most recently this happens in private though and was a massive breach of both the official dress code and professional standards. It's like some men don't realise that make-up costs a fortune and by the way women in their own admin department were really scruffy. Why is he holding me to an impossibly high presentational standard when the dress code doesn't give him this authority and his own staff dress down? I'm also the technical expert so why is another man with only general expertise refusing to listen to a correction when he made a technical mistake with a specialist issue? I proved and illustrated this with an example and he ignored me!

I really don't get this. It's like men have to prove themselves with displays of power. Yes, I get this but can we just get on with the job please? No because, apparently, I'm the one who is wrong because. Look! I'm not a robot who smiles on demand.If I was allowed to do my job properly I would do my job better without interference thank you very much! But no.I have to compromise myself and accept what I know is against policy and technical correctness another department accepts just because the man I'm stuck with is demanding this. Oh, and don't become angry because men either laugh at you because women are cute when they are angry, right? Or you get ripped down for going against management. What??? I'm sorry but you are going against management!!!!!!

I cannot discover if the men are misbehaving (I think they are) or if I should go along with them (I won't) or leave and begin again with another place (which my friends have recommended).

• Glory To Motherland!

I'm aware privilege exists. And yes, you work with a bunch of douchebags.

The question I have is, why do I have to be constantly reminded of privilege as if I'm the one actually perpetuating the stereotypes or dropping the hammer on minority groups? The perception is that I've committed some great wrong just by existing.

Keep Radar away!

This post has been edited by Spastic Lagomorph: 04 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

Share this topic:

• 129 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options