Duke4.net Forums: Honestly I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 129 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Honestly I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.  "Something about Wieder masturbating from the ceiling?"

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm not watching videos, but, even if we put Reagan aside (although I still maintain it's a perfectly good example), the point remains that tax revenues can and sometimes do increase even as tax rates go down, and economic growth is the reason. In my opinion, regulatory simplification and reform will do more to spur economic growth than tax cuts will. But doing both at the same time, as under Reagan...it takes a pretty strong depressionary headwind to stop growth in that case. Or just a really shitty country. Budget debt is another issue, though.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The video basically compared Kansas, which cut taxes followed by a worsening of the economy, to California, which increased taxes and built up the economy. In principle the theory works, as the reduction in rate would be offset by a greater magnitude, however there's a very large assumption that the top end won't keep a large chunk of the savings for themselves, rather than re-investing towards more jobs. This kind of investment happens anyway as a natural result of competition.

Assuming Trump does employ trickle-down economics, then we're in for the ultimate test of the theory.

Btw the first video was simply a sketch segment by Australian comedians and ought to give you a few laughs if you've got the time.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

This post has been edited by Micky C: 25 February 2017 - 12:43 AM

User is online   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 25 February 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

The video basically compared Kansas, which cut taxes followed by a worsening of the economy, to California, which increased taxes and built up the economy. In principle the theory works, as the reduction in rate would be offset by a greater magnitude, however there's a very large assumption that the top end won't keep a large chunk of the savings for themselves, rather than re-investing towards more jobs. This kind of investment happens anyway as a natural result of competition.

There are many conflating factors. Personally I think regulations make a bigger impact than tax rates, other things being equal. But, here's an example of a conflating factor: California has also experienced a large influx of cheap labor during the same time, largely immigrants, many of whom get paid less than minimum wage to help create that economic growth (in my opinion this hurts us in the long run, due to increased costs for social programs, strain on resources, etc., but that's another story). If you look at California's growth in GDP versus the rest of the country during the same timeframe as a ratio with population taken into account, it actually has a lower growth rate than the country as a whole during the same period.

2015 	                                                       1 Year Change 	     3 Year Change 	      5 Year Change
US Per-Capita GDP 	        $49,844 	             +1.53% 	             +3.51% 	              +5.41%
California Per-Capita GDP 	$56,365 	             +3.22% 	              +7.04% 	              +8.95%
California Population 	        39,151,017 	           +0.90% 	              +2.86% 	              +4.86%

Real California per-capita GDP is 8.95% higher today than 5 years prior in 2010. In that time the population in California grew by 1,815,006 (4.86%) people. The per-capita GDP growth plus the population growth are approximatly equal to the GDP growth California shown above.

http://www.deptofnum...gdp/california/

Kansas is a little farming state which is part of a larger economy and no ones gives a fuck outside of liberals reaching to make a point. I still haven't watched the video btw.

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

I'm sure this revelation is a key piece of that perverse fiscal framework...

Less letter you have, more you pay. Twisted and genial.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Posted Image
image hosting

User is offline   ErgoTheChappy 

Posted Image

This post has been edited by ErgoTheChappy: 25 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted ImagePosted Image
cans ass

Posted Image

Breaking news: Kansas invaded with success Arkansas to annex it to the state, now it's the great indipendent state of Kansarkan.

Also stolen the "God Is a Serb/Serbia Strong" song as the anthem.

Meanwhile, ASStralia and AfriCUM allied to defeat the new menace.

User is offline   Robman 

Huh?

Shadow Warrior Central creator, est. 1999.

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

No other version can best this one. Its been one of my all time favorite vids.

Too much HD, quality is for weak man, you're a pussy!

Learn from strong man that wears militar midriff!

View PostRobman, on 26 February 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Huh?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by ErgoTheChappy: 27 February 2017 - 01:32 AM

User is online   Fox 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Getting the state out of marriage

Sen. Greg Albritton (R-Bay Minette) filed Senate Bill 20 (SB20) earlier this month. The legislation would abolish all requirements to obtain a marriage license in Alabama. Instead, probate judges would simply record civil contracts of marriage between two individuals based on signed affidavits.

The state has the right to create whatever legal contractual relationships between whatever parties it likes, but those relationships are not marriage. The Alabama bill would clarify that, and would have the benefit of removing those whose marriages are religious in nature from the predations of the state's divorce courts.

Posted Image

The intent is to return the idea of Marriage to religion and allow people to enter into Civil Unions whether they are having sex or not.

My stance on marriage is that it should be disconnected from the government. My complaint with the current situation is placed directly at the feet of Christians from the past. Go back and read my original posts if you can be bothered to. My proposal is MUCH more liberal than what is currently offered by the government, and more liberal than even you might be comfortable with.

The government should only be involved in enforcing Civil Union Contracts between consenting parties.

Posted Image

User is online   Fox 

Posted Image

View PostFox, on 28 February 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Half Of College Students Expect Their College Debt Will Be Forgiven

If I was a rabbit though, who could graze without a care in the world right alongside the dead body of a compatriot, then I could easily see that $100,000 given to me and the debt erased, without ever even thinking about anyone or anything beyond the positive effect it would have on me personally.

------------------------------------------

Europe Opens First Sex-Doll Brothel

In r-selection any mating added to your notch count is a win, since all offspring will probably survive. Does a prospective mate have a third eye and tentacles instead of legs? So long as her kids can eat and mate, your genes will move forward in her. Indeed, in r-selection, if you only chose the five fittest mates in the entire world, you would probably lose out to the guy who chose the fifty least fit mates.

So as it progresses, people mate with anything. Couches, animals, muddy holes in the ground, even Rosie O’Donnell.

Man Who Has Had Sex With 999 Cars Will Marry VW Beetle
Posted Image
Posted Image

------------------------------------------

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

View PostTrooper Dan, on 22 February 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

How was it a "hit job"? He said something that offended people's sensibiliites and triggered a very predictable overreaction. Did someone hold a gun to his head and force him to make a comment that people would interpret as promoting pedophilia?

L2Context

Never Trumpers intentionally sat on those soundbites for over a year waiting for the best time to whip up a shitstorm.

It didn't work by the way.

Chappy pozzed my neghole.

User is offline   Striker 

• Honored Donor

Say what one will about PewDiePie's format, because for the longest time I really didn't like his videos, but as of late... I gained a hell of a lot of respect for him. Dude's redpilled as fuck, and his latest videos have been works of art.

This post has been edited by Striker: 28 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

User is online   Fox 

Posted Image

User is offline   Striker 

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

User is online   Fox 

Posted Image

User is offline   Engel220 

Oh, DoctorRandomercam, how I enjoy thee.

Eyeball Seesaw.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

German surname banned on custom license plate. w00000t, PC hard at work. :lol:
https://www.eontario...cense-plate/545

Posted Image

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

This post has been edited by Hank: Today, 04:10 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Australia parliament at its finest

This post has been edited by Forge: Today, 09:46 PM

Share this topic:

• 129 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options