Duke4.net Forums: Honestly I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 130 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Honestly I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.  "Something about Wieder masturbating from the ceiling?"

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

Do we have any Wally George fans in here?

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

View PostHank, on 23 September 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

I can't find the cartoon. Charlie Brown.
Black boy says: I like being black.
White boy says: I like being white.
Black Boy responds: You are racists.

I still give her the benefit of the doubt, of she not being a racist. I used to be young once and did ignorant things; and it can be fun to play with others. But if her motivation was to 'highlight' a distant past to 'prove' all whites are bad, then yes, she too is nothing more than a redneck in a suntanned skin.

I think she is old enough to know exactly what she was doing and that she has a chip on her shoulder waiting to be knocked off. That chip was there from being told by teachers, politicians and friends for years that she is a victim.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

One rule for one and a different one for another based on the colour of your skin is racism, no matter what colour you are. It's what thousands have fought and even died to stop. Good job girl!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHank, on 23 September 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

I can't find the cartoon. Charlie Brown.
Black boy says: I like being black.
White boy says: I like being white.
Black Boy responds: You are racists.

Posted Image
Not sure if it's real. There are quite a few versions of this comic floating on the Internet.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 23 September 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

It's okay to give the benefit of the doubt, but absent the context, "WHITES ONLY" and "BLACKS ONLY" signs on bathrooms or water fountains in schools can be considered a racist prank, and the perpetrator might immediately be assumed to be a white redneck kid who wants to screw with people.

I had thought about it, and I wonder if this sort of cultural dissonance is an East Coast vs West Coast dichotomy, since this stupid micro-aggression tripe originated in UC Berkeley. Are West Coasters more oversensitive and touchy-feely than East Coasters?

When I visited Washington D.C. earlier this year, I was amazed at how much of a cultural melting pot the city was. As you said, those Halal food carts kick serious ass.

Los Angeles claims to be a cultural melting pot, but I think the city and pretty much all of the surrounding area is having a cultural meltdown.

I've been to California four times in my life and what you are theorizing is 100% correct. Visit San Francisco and Manhattan and you'll see what I'm talking about. Two completely different mindsets and solutions to the same population density...it's a particularly great example. New Yorkers don't give a fuck about anything and San Franciscans are orderly and civilized, not because they need to be, but because it's real easy for them to step on each other's toes.

Also on the West Coast people are far more likely to play politics, cause drama, and get violent when confronted instead of being direct. In New York (And Boston to a lesser extent) it's especially unfashionable to do any of that. Furthermore if you are being a huge piece of shit in public it's actually encouraged for others to call you out here...good luck trying that in Cali. You'll either be too mean or it'll get physical immediately. There's a massive lack of community spirit or awareness of the broader implications of one's actions out west.

Long story short the East Coast thrives off indifference and immediate resolution, the West Coast is more self centered and deals with tiptoeing around narcissistic behavior. They're significantly less mature then us, on average.

Furthermore on the topic of race, on the East Coast (Especially the Tri-State Area), no one gives a shit what race you are. It's just fucking irrelevant. If you're a piece of shit you're a piece of shit, if you're cool come hang out with us. Cali is segregated to the extreme and it's self imposed. I've heard Long Island is the most segregated place in the country and they're probably right, except it's purely economic and no one gives a shit what color your skin is. I work in the ghetto and I'm the only white guy at my company. No one cares. We might live apart but we mix just fine, good luck with that shit in a pisshole city like Fresno.

But they're so progressive! The racism in California is really hard for me to stomach or even get used to. I can't handle it. It's the worst kind of racism - hatred for literally no reason.

As for LA having a cultural meltdown, yeah, that's putting it politely. Total shithole. If you want to visit someplace cool, visit San Francisco or San Diego. Those are really great cities. LA is Midwestern sprawl except uglier and narcissistic.

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 23 September 2015 - 11:16 PM

P.S. I'm not disparaging California - Go there. For the love of God, hop on a plane, rent a car, and explore there and have the best time ever. The whole state is one huge amusement park. Just don't move there!

Posted Image
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 23 September 2015 - 11:18 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Honored Donor

View PostPerson of Color, on 22 September 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Amherst. The shithole of a town you first pass through when you enter Nova Scotia.

Funnily enough, most of the people who are hyper-sensitive in this area are people who moved in from the west coast. Ie. From Vancouver, Alberta, etc. Most of my old friends and other people I liked were born and raised here, but they left for other places, such as Halifax. (Or, tragedy struck, in the case of one of my friends.)

Overall, people who lived in the maritime regions of Canada for most of their lives are friendlier, but that's slowly dissipating... We're rarely ever considered by our Gov't, our economy is tanking, half of our businesses have been sold off to the USA, and local business is dissolving. (Which is sad, because we have a rich culture when it comes to locally made food, crafts, etc. It's either big business causing them to go bankrupt, or younger generations not wanting to put in the effort to continue.) People are getting pissed and on-edge, depression and desperation has sunk in, and they can't afford to live here, so those who can move out end up doing so.

Hard drug addiction is getting out of hand as well, because no effort from our Gov't is being put into giving people shit to do nor resources to succeed. Amherst is particularly bad, because the town council is made up of old money that doesn't give a shit about the rest of the population, especially not the youth. The general population of this town has also become very clique-like and thus inaccessible on both a social and opportunistic level, and if someone doesn't fall into one of the town's cliques, they are shit out of luck... they have to deal with the fun notion of never finding employment, having any friends or anyone to talk to or spend time with (I'm one of the people in that boat right now, except I haven't resorted to abusing drugs to numb the pain of dealing with the loneliness and seeming lack of purpose... yet).

Another thing seriously lacking, not just in Amherst, but the entire province of Nova Scotia, is support for people with Mental Health issues. People who are going through some seriously fucked up shit get treated like trash at the hospital, because there's few doctors around that have any training in dealing with it. So there's a lot of people relying on drugs to numb their emotions. That's one thing I'll give the West credit for, they do take that stuff more seriously, and anyone who is suicidal or going through psychosis of some form gets the treatment they need ASAP.

Funny though, how the places with better conditions seem to have touchier people than those areas where shit is going to hell. Though, if things keep going the way they are, there won't be much of a difference once the people dealing with the worst of the shit lose their sanity.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 October 2015 - 03:17 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

View PostPerson of Color, on 20 September 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

Go to bed, Sam.

View PostTea Monster, on 21 September 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

From what my parents were saying,and my life as an adult in the '90s. I can assure you that things were not all honey and clover back then.

Having one clover and an ounce of honey is still better than having a clump of dirt and some Great Value artificially honey-flavoured syrup.

View PostHank, on 21 September 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

I hate racists; but I prefer them to be out in the open. The PC wave is not changing racists and bigots from within, only forcing them to shut up.

Exactly. I'm fairly active in the local gay/trans/drag community and people just don't understand why I say that people should be allowed to discriminate with their businesses. If so-and-so won't make a cake for gay people, I don't want to be giving him my business anyway. When they deny people it's a big red flag for me not to go there. Not to mention, if you actually let people discriminate you'd see it happen less, because discrimination is flat out unprofitable. Only a small minority of people will actually discriminate and they're assholes anyway!

So many asses, so little time. Only a tight one can stop me on the dime. I'm a lover of every kind. The best surprises always sneak up from behind. I'm an Ass-man.

• Honored Donor

View PostPerson of Color, on 20 September 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

Who the fuck is that?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

And who would read that? Here's a quick tutorial on how to and how to not format a text:

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostStrikerMan780, on 15 October 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Who the fuck is that?

Oh man.

Get ready to bask in the dank warm glow that is Sam Hyde.

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

Not referring to Sam Hyde, but whoever the cunt is who wrote that text. Unless he wrote it for ironic effect...

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 16 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I heard today that the PC police are setting up shop in the world of superhero comics.

Catwoman is bi-sexual , no problems with that one

Green Lantern is Gay

Superman gave up his U.S. citizenship to become a "global citizen" and no longer stands for Truth, Justice and the American Way. He now stands for Hope.

Captain America is fighting a Tea Party terrorist group known as the Sons of the Serpent. The serpent of course from the Confederate flag controversy.

Thor is a woman? Not sure I heard that one right.

Climate change has been an issue in some others.

Fucking liberals - Screw actually helping people, just do easy superficial crap.

Harvey Milk would be rolling over in his grave right now but I'm pretty sure his balls were too big to allow that.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 16 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

• Honored Donor

Liberalism and Conservatism have both lost their meaning. Labeling yourself one or the other has about as much point as making an announcement every time you fart. People who say they're one or the other tend to act all the same to me these days. We need a new political term to describe those who let logic and reason determine where they stand, and not... whatever the crap other people are going by these days. These insane SJWs who claim they're liberal have gone against every liberal ideal. Liberalism used to be about liberty and equality, to them it seems to be about bolstering their own status while trying to take away the freedom of others.

All this Social Justice bullshit is getting to me... It's there everywhere I go now. I can't get away from it. Every time I think there couldn't be any more stupid people and ideas in the world, they keep cropping up. Every time I hear these shithead SJWs open their mouths, it's always something more ridiculous/stupid/prejudiced/uneducated/cognitively dissonant than the last. People tell me they are the minority... but can that be truthfully said anymore?

If we end up in a future where everybody in power caters to these fucks, I'm killing myself. (As if I didn't want to already, but at the moment I feel obligated to stay alive for friends/family. Perhaps some vain hope I can help steer a few people clear of all the nonsense as well.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 28 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

User is offline   Clifford the Big Red Deuce 

• The Original Shitposter

View PostStrikerMan780, on 28 November 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

Liberalism and Conservatism have both lost their meaning. Labeling yourself one or the other has about as much point as making an announcement every time you fart.

I LOVE DOOKIE NUKEM !!!! Posted Image

• Honored Donor

I'm just gonna quote a rant I had made a while ago on another site. The topic was about SJWs being the reason DOA won't be sold in USA anymore. (Keep in mind, I don't like DOA, but the principle on which it was prevented from reaching our shores pisses me off.)

Someone mentioned that other companies, such as Nintendo are going down the same route as well, but instead of not selling at all, they're removing things such as breast size sliders for character customization in Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc. This is my response:

As if Females didn't have varied breasts. The type of shit SJWs are preaching is some of the most discriminatory shit I've ever seen or heard. I guess some selfish cunts just can't handle the fact that there's more than one body and breast type in the world.

My response when someone mentioned about how messed up things are to the point where they need to modify characters that weren't even sexualized to begin with to appeal to SJWs and other oversensitive people, because they were perceived as being sexualized and they were getting triggered/offended:

Yeah, it's a mess. Hell, a lot of this wouldn't have even happened if America didn't have such twisted morals about sexuality. Everything about sexuality is all fucked up and mixed there, one moment it's being demonized, one moment it's being used to sell shit, or it's combined with violence. Now you get these people who act traumatized because they saw a tit, or act as if all sex, consensual or not is rape. Everybody is so damn ignorant/uneducated/mentally insane it's ridiculous.

I've always been under the belief that all walks of life should be able to express their sexual nature as long as it's non-violent and nobody gets hurt... be it physical, emotional, or whatever. People really need to stop worrying what others do if it doesn't personally affect them.

It's all just made worse by how everyone is LOOKING to be offended by anything, regardless of content or context.

This is my response when someone said that SJWs do this shit because they have nothing better to do:

True. It's reached a point where everything that they preach is cannibalistic in nature and cognitively-dissonant with their own ideals.

Ie. One moment SJWs say that women should be treated equal and their sexuality shouldn't be demonized, and that all women should be allowed to go without being condemned/discriminated against for their weight or body-type, which I agree with and is a good set of ideals to have...

.. but then they undermine themselves and cannibalize their own kind by condemning most sexual portrayals of women, condemning women of certain body-types and breast sizes, trying to get shit censored, sending death threats to skinny women, shaming very sexually-active women etc. It's fucking hypocritical as fuck.

It's all got so ridiculous that the terms liberal and conservative have become fucking pointless. They've lost their meaning, so I've stopped using them. These SJWs claim they are liberals, but their behavior goes against the definition of liberalism. Liberalism used to be about equality and freedom...

I'm sorry SJWs, but you aren't liberal if you're trying to take away the liberties of other people. Funny how the tables turn... conservatives used to be the ones trying to prevent change, censor everything, and stifle equality... now I don't even know anymore.

Everyone seems to have gone insane one way or another. We need to start using "Rationalism" not as a philosophical or theological term, but as a term to describe the political viewpoint of reason and logic, to separate ourselves from this insanity.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 28 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I tell people that being offended is like being hungry... it won't harm you generally speaking, and you don't have to be "full" all the time. I refrain from saying things like "get over it" as I think that falls into a category of telling people what they should feel. How you react to and express what you feel is what is most important, as that is about others, not yourself.
Most Americans don't seem to understand this as so few have ever been "not full" I think. Maybe real Americans do, but not all the people who are offended ones. Americans aren't politically correct however... as again I say being an American is an ideology and not just because you were born in the US.
This is mostly metaphor of course and a literal stance on the above might result in a total lack of understanding, which could cause offendedness. :D

MrBlackCat

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 28 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

View PostStrikerMan780, on 28 November 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

Liberalism and Conservatism have both lost their meaning. Labeling yourself one or the other has about as much point as making an announcement every time you fart. People who say they're one or the other tend to act all the same to me these days. We need a new political term to describe those who let logic and reason determine where they stand, and not... whatever the crap other people are going by these days. These insane SJWs who claim they're liberal have gone against every liberal ideal. Liberalism used to be about liberty and equality, to them it seems to be about bolstering their own status while trying to take away the freedom of others.

All this Social Justice bullshit is getting to me... It's there everywhere I go now. I can't get away from it. Every time I think there couldn't be any more stupid people and ideas in the world, they keep cropping up. Every time I hear these shithead SJWs open their mouths, it's always something more ridiculous/stupid/prejudiced/uneducated/cognitively dissonant than the last. People tell me they are the minority... but can that be truthfully said anymore?

If we end up in a future where everybody in power caters to these fucks, I'm killing myself. (As if I didn't want to already, but at the moment I feel obligated to stay alive for friends/family. Perhaps some vain hope I can help steer a few people clear of all the nonsense as well.)

I wish I could upvote a post mulitple times.

User is offline   Drek 

It's amazing how election years get things so heated, it seems the fire is rising, they can't stump the trump. Oh well, here in Canada our new fearless leader is flying in our first quota fill of expatriates, but no single straight men, priority has been given to woman and families and members of the LGBT communities. Does that fit this thread, The Insanity of Political Correctness??

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostDrek, on 28 November 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's amazing how election years get things so heated, it seems the fire is rising, they can't stump the trump.

When you've got a wolf among sheep in a particularly flawed nomination process, it's no surprise that Trump is doing well. Let's see how he does in the general election before we jump to conclusions.

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

Never underestimate stupid people in large groups... mostly because they are easily influenced by smart people in very tiny groups, with only short term selfish views for their agenda.
I sure underestimated them on the last two elections.

On Trump...
People constantly say "everything" is about money... like law enforcement was once about public safety, and it most certainly is NOT about this any longer. Law Enforcement today is about revenue generation with occasional side effects that the public might benefit from. The highest impact effect of corruption in government today is financial... so wouldn't it make sense to elect a person who knows a LOT about finance and has enough money to possibly reduce the probability of being able to be controlled or bought? Obama isn't good at anything... at least Trump is good at finance. :)

MrBlackCat

Posted Image

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Obama is actually good at 2 things. Lying with a straight face and community organizing.

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostMrBlackCat, on 28 November 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

...at least Trump is good at finance. :)

Er, no! He's good at leaving with all of the money. He's not a finance guy, he's more like a con artist. Then he hires people that are good with money to invest what he's taken. He exploits the system we set up for individuals to not go to jail for debt in order to gain additional funds from time to time, and runs a grift to convince people to give him money to start the process.

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMblackwell, on 29 November 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

Er, no! He's good at leaving with all of the money. He's not a finance guy, he's more like a con artist. Then he hires people that are good with money to invest what he's taken. He exploits the system we set up for individuals to not go to jail for debt in order to gain additional funds from time to time, and runs a grift to convince people to give him money to start the process.

It's a bit hard to rob a country that's already a handful trillion in debt.

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

• Evil Overlord

Debt between countries isn't like debt in your household though because it's generally assumed that the country won't disappear and you'll get payment.

Unless people are actively funneling money to nowhere/themselves...

Spoiler

User is offline   Drek 

I can't understand our current fiat system, the gold standard just made so much sense. Meh, no one ever said it had to make sense, it has to make profit.

Debt between countries isn't like debt in your household

Debt between countries isn't like debt between banks... amirite ;)

This post has been edited by Drek: 29 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostMblackwell, on 29 November 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

Ok... well if he is "our" president, he can con the other countries and the US can leave with all the money?
But seriously... you do understand how corrupt/one sided our trade situation is with China, right? Try to export to China and see who takes a major cut via import tax, right off the top basically making selling US goods to China unrealistic unless you find some niche market. One way street set up by our corrupt government... maybe someone like Trump will work on that a bit.
Of course I have no idea what he would or could do for the US in office... nor do any of us really... but I want to find out.

MrBlackCat

Posted Image

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Same here. I wondered what Ross Perot could do and now I'm equally curious with Trump.

• Evil Overlord

View PostMrBlackCat, on 29 November 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

... maybe someone like Trump will work on that a bit.

Eh, I feel like he's more likely to work with that in order to line his own pockets.

Share this topic:

• 130 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options