Duke4.net Forums: Konami ceases triple-A console production on all but PES - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Konami ceases triple-A console production on all but PES

http://www.eurogamer...-but-pes-report

After cancelling the latest Silent Hill and Hideo Kojima leaving the company, i kind of expected this to happen.

Update :
http://www.vg247.com...n-on-aaa-games/

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 22 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

hold up, when did Konami acquire Bomberman? that was a Hudson franchise!

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Does it matter anymore?

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostCarl Winslow, on 18 September 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

hold up, when did Konami acquire Bomberman? that was a Hudson franchise!

Konami bought and absored Hudson in 2012.

As for Konami themselves, they seem to be doing a reverse Nintendo by going into arcade machines as well as also slowly investing more into mobile games. I guess mobile stuff is easy paywall money for little dev cost. Either way, they're slowly destroying their legacy and while they may stay afloat they won't be the powerhouse they once were.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Don't care.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

How many years from now will it be revealed that the current head of Konami was in the early stages of Alzhiemers at this time?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Part of the reason they're doing this, is because they want to promote gambling in Japan. They're trying to get it legalized there when it's been outlawed for a long time.

Puts Konami on my shit-list even moreso, if you ask me.

At least we got MGSV before this happened. (Helluva game!)

And really, Hideo and any other great Konami developer can make great new games anywhere else. All they'll be missing are old brand names like Castlevania, Contra, etc.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Hopefully, it only means good things for the teams that were working on the AAA games for Konami and they go to other companies where they can work on stuff without such harsh work conditions with a game publisher that cares about games (well, besides money).
I was always interested in the crazy stuff in Metal Gear but never enjoyed playing any of them, MGSV I may end up playing because it does seem closer to what I could put time into, but I'm really interested to see what Kojima does next.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

This got me thinking...how cool would it be if every developer just stopped making sequels and extending franchises? What if they all just stopped dead and were forced to make something new? That would be awesome. I think the games of the past 20-30 years have had a good run. Time to bury them and move on.

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 18 September 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

At least we got MGSV before this happened. (Helluva game!)

And really, Hideo and any other great Konami developer can make great new games anywhere else. All they'll be missing are old brand names like Castlevania, Contra, etc.

It's really alot more than that. it's a legacy of franchises that straight up changed how games were made and influenced genres near permanently for decades. These are things that really matter alot, and they're being holed up in a similiar manner to say, how Blood and Interplay's franchises have been. (though in Interplay's case, things are changing. can't ever say the same about Konami. they've gone to pachislot hell where games go to die.)

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Who cares? I am sure they have something, you don't just clean the slate for nothing unless they sold it for big money xD maybe he is on drugs and he needs more dood or do they need the cash for something else up there sleeve? xD There is nothing to see here hahah Konami is argggghing down

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 18 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

History is a very important thing to remember. If you can't learn from the lessons of the past, you are doomed to failure.

Also, your post is excruciatingly dumb. What are you even trying to say? who sold... what? who is on drugs?

• Turok Nukem

Whatever dood seriously you have a problem? blow it out your ass. Who gives a crap this is my opinion. I agree history is what it is but history is lame when we change it and love on it. hopefully you see what I am saying and not getting frustrated with yourself heheh. How can you get mad at him when he rape himself its like being the victim and the suspect dood

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 18 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

Can't wait to see Jim Sterling's video on this!

View Post64Ghost, on 18 September 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

Whatever dood seriously you have a problem? blow it out your ass. Who gives a crap this is my opinion. I agree history is what it is but history is lame when we change it and love on it. hopefully you see what I am saying and not getting frustrated with yourself heheh. How can you get mad at him when he rape himself its like being the victim and the suspect dood

Quuit poo-pooing my posts just because you're a dumb preteen who can't use grammar worth a shit, much less understand the importance this company had on the very existence of video games. Show some respect for the dead.

This post has been edited by Carl Winslow: 19 September 2015 - 07:58 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Silent Hill by Kojima sounded like a terrible, terrible idea.

I don't care too much because very few recent games actually interest me; but I do wonder what will they do with all those IPs.... If they're not making anything with it, will they sell them?

Or will they keep it all trying to cash on their names with mobile and facebook games?

Silent Hill social game! Build up your mind every day using "neuron" ressources! 5$ for 1 more neuron to play with! 20$ to defeat Pyramid Head!

This post has been edited by MetHy: 19 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

• Turok Nukem

View PostCarl Winslow, on 19 September 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Quuit poo-pooing my posts just because you're a dumb preteen who can't use grammar worth a shit, much less understand the importance this company had on the very existence of video games. Show some respect for the dead.

Shut up Carl lmao damn dood, dat anger management pt.2 to bad my other anger management post was removed that guy needed also. Well Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of my top favorites of all time so suck it down heh.

Is this you entering a thread Carlton Windlsow? :)

I like how you are incapable of making a good post, much less an on-topic post.

• Turok Nukem

View PostCarl Winslow, on 18 September 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

History is a very important thing to remember. If you can't learn from the lessons of the past, you are doomed to failure.
Also, your post is excruciatingly dumb. What are you even trying to say? who sold... what? who is on drugs?

I think I am on topic you said something to me I replied, and my first post was in regard to Konami. But you decided to call me dumb and say I am doomed to failure xD Thanks for your condolences though I appreciate them but I highly doubt this is true. I am in a good position right now but again thanks for your concern.

Sorry to burst your bubble but video gaming history is not that important doood, its not the end of the world. It may be time to pull out the ol' frisbee and hit the backyard eyy?

Like I said I liked Snake Eater that game was really good one of my favorites, I haven't had time to get to the new one yet though but I plan to. They should sell out the there rights before they end up trapped in a non existing company if that's the route they are going. I am sure if they did go this route some of the people who work there will still do work maybe indie projects?

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 19 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View Post64Ghost, on 19 September 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

I think I am on topic you said something to me I replied, and my first post was in regard to Konami. But you decided to call me dumb and say I am doomed to failure xD Thanks for your condolences though I appreciate them but I highly doubt this is true. I am in a good position right now but again thanks for your concern.
He wasn't exactly saying "you" were doomed to failure, but your post was a bit wandering to myself as an English speaking American.
He was referring to the quote by someone I can't remember (Wasn't originally Winston Churchill though)
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
I see this statement as a two way street although it is generally used disparagingly in context... and usually basically means that an entity which doesn't learn from experience/past will likely make the same mistakes. Is just logic, but well stated.

64Ghost said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but video gaming history is not that important doood, its not the end of the world. It may be time to pull out the ol' frisbee and hit the backyard eyy?
Very little of whatever comprises "the world" of most anyone that is able to use this forum "is the end of the world", which makes it very subjective. If you are dealer of postage stamps or old coins, and coins are no longer made, it could easily be said that it is the end of such a dealers "world"... which matters.

Beyond food, water, and survival shelter, all that matters to any one of us is what we choose... like gaming history for example. Just sayin...

Anyway, I didn't care for Metal Gear games after Metal Gear Solid really. I did enjoy Metal Gear Solid and I remember the NES version, but it wasn't amazing for the time like later games.

I spent a great deal of time with Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 though... I built a couple scenes for it when the action figures were released.
Like this one where you run into Revolver Ocelot.
Game style view...
Posted Image

Side view...
Posted Image

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Steve 64 

I used to enjoy Konami Games

Tmnt in Time
Tmnt Tournament Fighter
Metal Gear Solid Series
Castle Vania

Sucks that they are changing there ways not agood move on there part

To put this into perspective, Konami is the company behind two very important games. the first is Scramble, which was one of the first games to have a multiple stage system that had unique graphics and structure, and I THINK the first game to give the player two separate weapons to use at any given time. I remember it also being one of the first games to have a proper ending point, if not THE first, but don't quote me on that.
The other game, Xevious, was one of the first true top-down vertical scrollers, with actual complex backgrounds. It also defined this feature by giving the player the ability to shoot enemies in the air and bomb emplacements on the ground independently.

I suppose you could say Gradius really brought the genre to it's defining structure, but without those two, Gradius, and many other shooters like it, would have never happened.

Metal Gear's influence is a very different one, however. it defined a game style in which the objective was NOT to kill everything, but to avoid getting caught. No other game was like it at the time, and there's still not very many out there that fully follow the stealth route beyond the Thief series and some horror games. but the base idea of getting around dire situations proved very influential to many developers later on.

Though, none of this will ever trump Taito's influence on the industry, but they're still alive and making games. (even it's just as a subsidiary of Square-Enix these days.) All the guys that did the cool shit left for G.Rev though, and they're still making cool shit even now.

This post has been edited by Carl Winslow: 19 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

• Turok Nukem

I like how you downvote me carl thanks dooood it means much to me lol, I like to pull one out the crowd if you know what I mean. I read one sentence of your post and had to hold my stomach, who cares. I don't play either one of those games Turtles in Time is awesome though. I know you got a issue with me for some dumb shit but I don't care dood get over yourself xD Your not even worth a downvote dood

User is offline   Steve 64 

:)

• Turok Nukem

I am looking for the best dick sucker who is up to the plate ? Godzilla on you heheh

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 19 September 2015 - 10:10 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Yet another thread ruined.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options