Duke4.net Forums: Avatars - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Avatars  "Some slight adjustments"

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I wish to suggest a few things regarding avatars on the forum.

First, could the maximum avatar size be boosted to 125x150? To ensure it'd look fine and not break the layout, I checked by quickly mucking with the page's HTML. This was the result of the new dimensions, using TerminX's postbit as an example:

Posted Image
(Ignore the stretching, I just wanted to make sure the size was OK.)

Second, I noticed that the gravatar feature here only allows the G rating. Knowing what content is allowed here normally, I want to suggest raising the limit to PG or R rating (obviously not X).

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I would love to have bigger avatars.

This post has been edited by EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEPHANT: 15 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

• Auramancer

The reason I bring this up, is that there's plenty of unused space in the postbit, and 100px tends to be too small for some images to look good. (Such as my current one, it's blurred all to shit. If I try to shrink it in GIMP or Photoshop, it gets incredibly aliased instead.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 17 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Is that your OC? :D

This post has been edited by EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEPHANT: 17 August 2015 - 10:47 AM

• Auramancer

Yeah, designed him many years back. Intended to look like me in the form of an anthropomorphic Hedgehox/Fox hybrid. (Has my personality, eyes, skin tone, necklace/earring, and his quills are short to match my short hair. Unfortunately I lost the body type since my physical health has severely declined since years ago.)

Why a hybrid? Both species have traits that fall in line with my personality. The defensive (to a fault), protective, and resourceful nature of the hedgehog, plus the intelligence and adaptable nature of the Fox.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 17 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Yeah, I've always wondered what it would be like to have my own pony OC. But I have no clue what he'd look like, so I don't worry about it. Instead I hope one day I'll be inspired and I'll figure it out then. :D

This post has been edited by EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEPHANT: 17 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

The current avatar size is fine. Leave it alone. What you type is what matters, not your silly picture.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

inb4 Robman PMs me to whine about downvoting him

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 17 August 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

inb4 Robman PMs me to whine about downvoting him

WTF BRO? WHY YOU DOWNVOTE ME? ... You avatar horny?

I'll get you Evan from the midwest!

This post has been edited by Robman: 17 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I PM you when you downvote me too.

This post has been edited by EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEPHANT: 18 August 2015 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I want bigger avatars and GIF support. Leave it up to the mods to determine whether or not your avatar is annoying instead of manually changing them outright.

I have this bad ass GIF of the character selection screen morph from Contra: Hard Corps and I can't use it lol.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 17 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPerson of Color, on 17 August 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

I want bigger avatars and GIF support. Leave it up to the mods to determine whether or not your avatar is annoying instead of manually changing them outright.

I have this bad ass GIF of the character selection screen morph from Contra: Hard Corps and I can't use it lol.

We do support gifs, but if the one you use is too annoying, TX will run you over with a van. Hence why I removed the avatar when you added it the first time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options