Duke4.net Forums: Duke4.net is dead and here's why... - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke4.net is dead and here's why...  "Why Duke4 has gone down the plug hole."

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Real corruption is when the admins sell you vials of their poz loads but they're actually just regular loads or worse, dog loads.

Unfortunately I can't leave negative feedback on Hendricks' Gaytreon page.

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 15 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

User is online   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostPerson of Color, on 15 August 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Real corruption is when the admins sell you vials of their poz loads but they're actually just regular loads or worse, dog loads.

Without proper refrigeration they all turn into regular loads by the time they arrive. :D

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!

He shipped them by courier in a refrigerated truck. "Hendricks' patented 'Foaming Loads.' Absolutely jam packed with HIV! May contain traces of spiders."

Posted Image
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 15 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

That said though, they make REALLY good thermal paste once you get past the burning egg smell.

Posted Image

User is offline   Robman 

View PostStrikerMan780, on 14 August 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

I'll admit, I've had some meltdowns here, hell... even recently. I have had run-ins with trolls, but none of those trolls were ever moderators or admins.

Aye! Stop calling me a troll. I respond in my own comedic way to what I perceive to be slight and or major retardism.

-------------------------------

It's threads like this that keep this place amusing :D
I've found that you can have run-ins with people on here but somehow come out the other side, closer.
Except in Comrade's case of course. :D

-------------------------------

View PostStarCraftZergling, on 14 August 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

I didn't mean to interrupt your window licking competition,

I have a dog that does this.

View PostNever Forgotten, on 14 August 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

I learned my lesson last time Hendricks messed with me.

smh...

View PostLunick, on 14 August 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

But it is better to be friends than end up with topics like the Windows 10 thread or all the other fuckups of threads we've had lately because of specific people but I don't hate those people, it just provides a little entertainment until someone goes and gets hurt and then it doesn't feel right to laugh.

Don't dare utter my name! Hank got over it.

The solution for this forum is for all the whiners to quit being 20 years old.
All the whining comes from users +/-3 years of this age. It's true, look it up.

Shadow Warrior Central creator, est. 1999.

This post has been edited by Robman: 15 August 2015 - 01:27 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Starcraft - You are behaving like this is some corporate-funded customer-friendly site for making people feel warm and happy and loved - NEWSFLASH - It isnt'. It's a private site set up to appreciate Duke Nukem. If you think that because you purchased a CD in a shop that everyone here has to bend over and kiss your ass then you can go forth, procreate and expire.

Hendricks is big-headed and condescending and TerminX can be harsh and abrasive at times. Neither of them are trying to kill Duke. In fact, you can argue successfully that this site has probably been the most successful at keeping the torch of Duke alive for as long as it has.

OTTH, you starting a thread with a rant about how this site is 'killing Duke' comes across as... oh, I see you have helpfully changed your tagline to reflect this.

User is offline   Lunick 

• Snazzy Tazzy

View PostRobman, on 15 August 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

The solution for this forum is for all the whiners to quit being 20 years old.
All the whining comes from users +/-3 years of this age. It's true, look it up.

Posted Image

User is online   Duke Legacy 

View PostTea Monster, on 15 August 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:

Starcraft - You are behaving like this is some corporate-funded customer-friendly site for making people feel warm and happy and loved - NEWSFLASH - It isnt'. It's a private site set up to appreciate Duke Nukem. If you think that because you purchased a CD in a shop that everyone here has to bend over and kiss your ass then you can go forth, procreate and expire.

Hendricks is big-headed and condescending and TerminX can be harsh and abrasive at times. Neither of them are trying to kill Duke. In fact, you can argue successfully that this site has probably been the most successful at keeping the torch of Duke alive for as long as it has.

OTTH, you starting a thread with a rant about how this site is 'killing Duke' comes across as... oh, I see you have helpfully changed your tagline to reflect this.

Yes this site is keeping Duke alive in two forms the people that come here and EDuke32/Mods anything else I'm missing?

Duke4 Supporter

This post has been edited by Turok 64 Jr: 15 August 2015 - 04:01 AM

User is offline   faked 

View PostStarCraftZergling, on 14 August 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

Now before I begin, I'd like to address a matter that EVERY basic user has on their mind. THIS SITE IS CORRUPT!!

Where do I start? I could start with the abusive moderators or I could go with the herd of sheep that flocks this site. Hmm... I guess I'll just start with the moderators here.
As an old member once stated (Mr. Deviance), this site's admins give no respect to new members WHATSOEVER!! When I first signed up, I was not welcomed with open arms or even a "Hello". It was more of a shouting match at first. That seems like a great way to welcome your new members. I understand that a lot of the members here have tenure when it comes to Duke Nukem, but tenure shouldn't make you a senile and disgruntled group member, especially if you're an admin/moderator. I've met quite a few people on this site that were completely down to earth and had some very respectful things to say about me and other members, but not once have I met an admin/moderator who was the same way. Same goes for the members with tenure. I don't like to point fingers, but Hendricks was respectful to me in the beginning but unfortunately that changed one day. Not sure how, not sure why but I'm am positive he will remind me in this thread.

TX is another one. I asked him a while ago to ban me because Duke4 is a disgusting place crawling with evil, senile men who beat off to the disrespecting of new members. His response was simple and clear, "I'll ban you under one condition. I get to put Whiny Pussy Cry Baby as your profile title." Seems like a pretty unfair trade to me and you know, a friend once said to me "Duke4 isn't a group, it's a gang" and that person should receive an award for that statement. This site is TOXIC!! Someone on my YouTube channel wrote a comment stating that the "Quake community was toxic" and I laughed because I guess he's never heard of Duke4.net or better known as "Puke4.nuts."

I can only count on one hand the players who have respected me on this site, which is sad, seeing that Duke Nukem is a dying game and this group seems to still be beating the dead horse. Hell the horse is gone for Christ sake, we're just beating the dirt where the horse laid! I'd also like to take into account that Hendricks is, I believe, 18? And he's a moderator? Honestly, I'm 17 and this shit disgusts me even more. How they let a CHILD become moderator is beyond me. I mean yeah I'm a kid, but you don't see me running around disrespecting members with my admin powers. Besides, I wouldn't want to be admin of a filthy site like this one anyway. You call yourselves Dukers? Jesus, if Duke was real he'd find where you all live and kick you in the nuts! Provided you have any! (Of course I'm not talking about all members but a LARGE few).

FINALLY we can get on to my "sheep" analogy that I mentioned earlier. Does anyone here have a brain and know how to use it? Does anyone have eyes and sees what's happening to this site? Or am I the only guy here gifted with sight and common sense? Players like MetHy who have high reps, but low IQs running around nitpicking new players' attempts at mapping and siding with the admins because they want to seem like the "cool kid"? Let me tell you all something, being cool on Duke4.net is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. I've just had it up to here with this site! No one thinks for themselves! Let Hendricks, MetHy or TX shepherd the sheep that are Duke4 members into the threads to brutally disrespect the members who think freely! YO STALIN, MUSSOLINI AND HITLER, LET THE PEOPLE THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!!! Anyone who speaks freely on this site is gagged and banned, just like how a young child acts when they don't get their way *Looks at Hendricks*. Then there are guys who like to think they are the best thing to happen to Duke4 and decide to rub that in everyone's face and make others feel bad for trying to be accepted *Looks at MetHy*. And to top it all off, there's the man with infinite power who will do what he wants, when he wants because he is the highest form of asshole there is *Looks at TX*. I think the only moderator I liked was Trooper Dan and I didn't actually meet him. Do you know why I liked him? Because he didn't fucking bother me lol!!

Let me end this with a poem.

Duke4.net is the worst place to be
It's worse than the meme "Arrow in the Knee"
I tried to like it here but I really can't
So now I write this cute little rant

Let's see Hendricks rip this apart
Nothing gets past that dumb retard
Blasting up threads like some kind of king
In his little world, the round bell never rings

You know I must say this poem is fun
But unfortunately my time in Duke4 is done
I say let the shepherds diss this thread
But it's too late boys, Duke's already dead

-Copyright StarCraftZerg LLC.

User is offline   faked 

@ StarCraftZergling : So what?I survived.If you don't like it,don't keep coming back.Most people here are pretty decent,and if there is a stinker or two,so what?I like it here.

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

*Walks in the thread*
Posted Image

Hold on to yer butt! - Leonard (Redneck Rampage 1997) :D

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

So, wait a minute... You asked TX to ban you? Why? If you don't want to be here, you would just leave. This is attention whore behaviour. So, OK, he agrees to ban you ( :D ). So after he has supposedly banned you from the site, you then you decide to post a ranty little tome about how evil everyone is...

after he banned you.

Ohhhhhkaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

You obviously have all your ducks in row, carry on!

User is offline   EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEPHANT 

• Flutter Faggot

Hell the horse is gone for Christ sake, we're just beating the dirt where the horse laid!

Posted Image

Seriously, yeah I get your points dude. Kindness really does go a long way. :D I've been on many pony forums lately and I can't believe how nice the mods on those sites are. Unfortunately, this forum does not work that way. Hendricks is very condescending and thinks he knows everything, and a few of the other mods (not all) suffer from the same complexes but not as much (but I always thought TerminX was awesome). I've learned to exploit it for my own pleasure. :D This isn't a pony forum where the mods do nothing but merge or move threads and all the users get along with perfect harmony. Duke3D is a violent game with crude humor. This is the culture that a game like Duke3D cultivates.

Get with it or get li... ah nvm I know that's Viper's line. :D

FREE ROBMAN

This post has been edited by EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEMENT: 15 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I became a moderator and shortly after a super moderator of this old animation forum when I was around 14 or 15
A year later I was given admin rights and a lot of people wouldn't stop pissing about it even though they liked me
Soon after the whole forum was deleted and forwarded to a picture of goatse.
I'm not saying I'm the one that did it, but what I AM trying to say is that Hendricks at least has more luck than me when I was a teenage mod/admin, so things could definitely be worse

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 15 August 2015 - 09:45 AM

User is offline   PsychoGoatee 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 August 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

By the way, what do you guys think about Duke Nukem 5? I think it should have babes, guns, and explosions! Looking forward to the Mighty Foot!

Jokes aside, that kind of post is awesome, and has been forever. I've enjoyed that kind of post since I signed up to the 3DR forum in 99. If you don't find fun in that, it's you who's lost a little bit of the Duke magic.

As for posting unimpressive newbie maps with imaginative goals mentioned that won't be reached, that's also good. If you don't find those interesting, just don't reply to those topics. Hell, imaginative goals that won't be reached is what the Duke community is all about, so mocking that is kind of shooting ourself in the foot isn't it? :D

I for one love Duke4.net and have found it very inviting, just chiming in with my thoughts on the mock post thingy there. You know what's worse than the cliche newbie posts that you'd find boring? A dead forum with no posts.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Waiting for the post where he apologizes and says he was drunk or high.

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

User is online   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 15 August 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

That's no excuse. I'm drunk or high all the time, and my hate-filled rants are much more eloquently assembled than that!

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!

Remember when Duke Nukem Forever was going to feature a bookstore where you could pick up every magazine on the shelf and flip through all the pages? And everything in the game was going to be interactive, and it was going to be the most mindblowing thing ever conceived?

That was awesome. The game DNF from 2011 is also awesome to me for the record, but 3DR themselves were just like the enthusiastic newbies on sites like this. They had lofty goals, no chance in hell of reaching them, but it was fun to think about anyway. I'm not sure what my point is. Anyhoo, man it would've actually been a waste of time if DNF had a bookstore where I could flip through 100 books wouldn't it? I'd be tempted to do it, and it'd be impressive that they did it, but it would ultimately be a hilarious use of time.

There's a metaphor in here somewhere, or not. I just think it's fun to have ideas, even if they don't go anywhere. Not that this has much to do with this ragequit topic thing.

User is offline   xenoxols 

Regardless of what he said and regardless of how true it is, you guys are being very rude.

User is offline   Hank 

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

User is offline   Never Forgotten 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 15 August 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Remember when Duke Nukem Forever was going to feature a bookstore where you could pick up every magazine on the shelf and flip through all the pages? And everything in the game was going to be interactive, and it was going to be the most mindblowing thing ever conceived?

That was awesome. The game DNF from 2011 is also awesome to me for the record, but 3DR themselves were just like the enthusiastic newbies on sites like this. They had lofty goals, no chance in hell of reaching them, but it was fun to think about anyway. I'm not sure what my point is. Anyhoo, man it would've actually been a waste of time if DNF had a bookstore where I could flip through 100 books wouldn't it? I'd be tempted to do it, and it'd be impressive that they did it, but it would ultimately be a hilarious use of time.

There's a metaphor in here somewhere, or not. I just think it's fun to have ideas, even if they don't go anywhere. Not that this has much to do with this ragequit topic thing.

Whoa, I've read a lot about DNF but never heard about that... That would've been very fun, time wasting yes, but very fun.

Who Loves Ya Baby?

Never Forgotten/Focus Gaming

View PostNever Forgotten, on 15 August 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Whoa, I've read a lot about DNF but never heard about that... That would've been very fun, time wasting yes, but very fun.

Waiting for DNF all those years and reading everything anyone at 3DR said was a magical experience. I remember a chatroom thing where they answered questions once or twice as well etc. For a "WID" thing that wasn't supposed to say much, they really did put a lot of impressive things like that out there to whet our appetites. The picture painted was that it would be the most interactive game ever made. Which in hindsight is kind of amazing that they thought it was doable.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Something something the king is dead hail to the king baby...

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...

User is offline   EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEPHANT 

• Flutter Faggot

Whoever changed my display name is really cool. Posted Image

FREE ROBMAN

This post has been edited by EMPATHY_IS_AN_ELEPHANT: 15 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

But they couldn't color within the lines with their crayon. :D

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

Sometimes I wonder why I even come here. I have very little in common with extremely few here....except for Duke Nukem, the Build engine, games in general, and game development in general. Honestly, I think what keeps me here is we all appreciate oldschool games, if I really think about it (even though that is contended often by some), and that appreciation is getting more and more rare everywhere I go. All the other places that I used to visit with like-minded people have all been abandoned.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

User is offline   Forge 

high reps, but low IQs

this comment and your poem gave me a chuckle. +1 cause I needed one after being trapped in the cab of a pickup with a pissy wife for three days straight

View PostPerson of Color, on 14 August 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

they let me post fucking poz stories.

Yea. pretty much this. I post anything I feel about who and what I want. I've given just about everybody from Yatta all the way down the line some grief or a bit of teasing at some point in time. I usually only get backlash when I get aggressive with someone because they're trolling.

I have no tenure or value to this site that can't be replaced by the next person in line so I can only assume it's not what you post, but how you post it. If you take yourself too serious, so will everyone around you.

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

We pretty much don't give a shit until you cross the invisible line that we all discuss in secret.

Or if we think you're annoying.

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...

User is offline   StarCraftZergling 

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 15 August 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Well when I wrote this, I was completely sober. Sober now as well actually. You see, let me present this in a way you all will understand:

P.S. This is my actual final post. You guys are ridiculous on this site... LOL

Duke Nukem is a dying name. It's shadowed by characters like Master Chief and Marcus Fenix and games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. No one wants arena shooters anymore, and especially games like Duke 3D. Megaton is dead because the devs are lazy, Eduke32 is only used by veteran players, and Meltdown/YANG are obsolete! This community is slowly dying along with it, doesn't anyone here have functioning fucking eyes? Hell even Doom has a bigger community than Duke's and for good reason. I don't care if this community is private or public and I don't care who's had what experience! I'd expect that a community with so few players would at least welcome new members! For Christ's sake, Duke 3D is from 1996 who the fuck wants to play that game unless they grew up with it?

Quake's community is slowly dying as we speak as well but that's a game where you'd expect veterans to bash newbies because the skill gap on Quake is so far out of this world! Duke's skill gap isn't much far from it, but it's not competitive like Quake's is. Hmm, where is Duke Nukem 3D at EVO or E3? Nowhere to be found? Wonder why?? And this website is supposed to be Duke's community? If that's the case, then Duke is fucking doomed...

Maybe you all have different expectations of what a group should look like, but honestly all of your posts are fucking insane!! All I can really gather is "*gurgle gurgle gurgle*" because you guys have the admins' dicks so far down your throats, am I wrong?? You people, I mean vultures, want to come and attack this thread then be my guest! This thread was created to start trouble and you guys helped me complete my mission. You changed my title, defended the admins, and yelled about everything I wanted you to. Thanks guys, great job! Give yourselves a pat on the back and a round of applause! Now, back to the main topic...:

Duke Nukem Forever killed the game's name. That's what you get for having hyped it for 14 years. Overhype KILLS games and even movies, but I'm sure you "smart" individuals figured that out already. Thanks to DNF, Duke 3D was buried along with it. People look at Duke Nukem and say "WTF is this what the franchise was like?? I'm not gonna play anymore Duke games" and that's how it goes kiddies. You can agree or disagree but I'd rather you disagree because it keeps the fire going and I like these nonsensical comments. But anyway, you can say "Duke Nukem is not dead and it's very much alive!" Because then I can laugh in your face and tell you this: DUKE4.NET IS NOT A COMMUNITY!!! As proven by this thread, it's nothing but a gang. A gang of 18-40 year old men talking shit to new players and glorifying each other's miniscule achievements. "OH LOOK, I ORGANIZED A COMMUNITY BUILD PROJECT!! I'M SO SPECIAL!!!" *Clap clap clap* You want a medal or a chest to pin it on? Seriously just because you guys do things from within a "private" forum, doesn't mean you're keeping Duke alive. NEWSFLASH: He's dead. He's been dead since 2011. WAKE UP!!!

Hell if Duke is still alive then I guess I can call this group his life support but really, I think you guys committed malpractice. You cut Duke's heart in two but you don't want to make him seem like he's dead so when people walk by, you just hold up his lifeless corpse and say "Look, he's still alive... SEE?? *Says in deep voice* "I've got balls of steel" SEE?????" and that's Duke4.net in a nutshell. Duke's dead on Steam, he's definitely dead on GOG.com, and the only people left to care about him is this group. Hell I like Duke Nukem, very much, but this group has made me come to HATE him. If this is the group that that roided up, womanizing ass kicker can conjure up, then count me out. Fuck Duke Nukem and fuck this group.

So to this group, and it's sheeple, I say PEACE!!!
Posted Image

I stand by my beliefs. You don't like it? Take it to someone who cares!

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't THAT bad...

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

User is offline   Lunick 

• Snazzy Tazzy

Fuck off.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options