Duke4.net Forums: Duke4.net is dead and here's why... - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke4.net is dead and here's why...  "Why Duke4 has gone down the plug hole."

User is offline   StarCraftZergling 

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

Now before I begin, I'd like to address a matter that EVERY basic user has on their mind. THIS SITE IS CORRUPT!!

Where do I start? I could start with the abusive moderators or I could go with the herd of sheep that flocks this site. Hmm... I guess I'll just start with the moderators here.
As an old member once stated (Mr. Deviance), this site's admins give no respect to new members WHATSOEVER!! When I first signed up, I was not welcomed with open arms or even a "Hello". It was more of a shouting match at first. That seems like a great way to welcome your new members. I understand that a lot of the members here have tenure when it comes to Duke Nukem, but tenure shouldn't make you a senile and disgruntled group member, especially if you're an admin/moderator. I've met quite a few people on this site that were completely down to earth and had some very respectful things to say about me and other members, but not once have I met an admin/moderator who was the same way. Same goes for the members with tenure. I don't like to point fingers, but Hendricks was respectful to me in the beginning but unfortunately that changed one day. Not sure how, not sure why but I'm am positive he will remind me in this thread.

TX is another one. I asked him a while ago to ban me because Duke4 is a disgusting place crawling with evil, senile men who beat off to the disrespecting of new members. His response was simple and clear, "I'll ban you under one condition. I get to put Whiny Pussy Cry Baby as your profile title." Seems like a pretty unfair trade to me and you know, a friend once said to me "Duke4 isn't a group, it's a gang" and that person should receive an award for that statement. This site is TOXIC!! Someone on my YouTube channel wrote a comment stating that the "Quake community was toxic" and I laughed because I guess he's never heard of Duke4.net or better known as "Puke4.nuts."

I can only count on one hand the players who have respected me on this site, which is sad, seeing that Duke Nukem is a dying game and this group seems to still be beating the dead horse. Hell the horse is gone for Christ sake, we're just beating the dirt where the horse laid! I'd also like to take into account that Hendricks is, I believe, 18? And he's a moderator? Honestly, I'm 17 and this shit disgusts me even more. How they let a CHILD become moderator is beyond me. I mean yeah I'm a kid, but you don't see me running around disrespecting members with my admin powers. Besides, I wouldn't want to be admin of a filthy site like this one anyway. You call yourselves Dukers? Jesus, if Duke was real he'd find where you all live and kick you in the nuts! Provided you have any! (Of course I'm not talking about all members but a LARGE few).

FINALLY we can get on to my "sheep" analogy that I mentioned earlier. Does anyone here have a brain and know how to use it? Does anyone have eyes and sees what's happening to this site? Or am I the only guy here gifted with sight and common sense? Players like MetHy who have high reps, but low IQs running around nitpicking new players' attempts at mapping and siding with the admins because they want to seem like the "cool kid"? Let me tell you all something, being cool on Duke4.net is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. I've just had it up to here with this site! No one thinks for themselves! Let Hendricks, MetHy or TX shepherd the sheep that are Duke4 members into the threads to brutally disrespect the members who think freely! YO STALIN, MUSSOLINI AND HITLER, LET THE PEOPLE THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!!! Anyone who speaks freely on this site is gagged and banned, just like how a young child acts when they don't get their way *Looks at Hendricks*. Then there are guys who like to think they are the best thing to happen to Duke4 and decide to rub that in everyone's face and make others feel bad for trying to be accepted *Looks at MetHy*. And to top it all off, there's the man with infinite power who will do what he wants, when he wants because he is the highest form of asshole there is *Looks at TX*. I think the only moderator I liked was Trooper Dan and I didn't actually meet him. Do you know why I liked him? Because he didn't fucking bother me lol!!

Let me end this with a poem.

Duke4.net is the worst place to be
It's worse than the meme "Arrow in the Knee"
I tried to like it here but I really can't
So now I write this cute little rant

Let's see Hendricks rip this apart
Nothing gets past that dumb retard
Blasting up threads like some kind of king
In his little world, the round bell never rings

You know I must say this poem is fun
But unfortunately my time in Duke4 is done
I say let the shepherds diss this thread
But it's too late boys, Duke's already dead

-Copyright StarCraftZerg LLC.

I stand by my beliefs. You don't like it? Take it to someone who cares!

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't THAT bad...

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

View PostStarCraftZergling, on 14 August 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

I'd also like to take into account that Hendricks is, I believe, 18? And he's a moderator? Honestly, I'm 17 and this shit disgusts me even more. How they let a CHILD become moderator is beyond me.

Posted Image

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

View PostHendricks266, on 14 August 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

You're seriously going to comment that? Being passive aggressive isn't gonna change my mind about you, I hope you know.

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You're just mad because you still use an @aol.com email address.

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!

User is offline   Striker 

• Honored Donor

Hendricks has been one of the more level-headed and understanding people on this site. I don't know what you're rambling on about.

On just about any forum, when there's a new user, that is their evaluation period, and if they screw up by acting hostile, foolish, or dumb, then that has a good chance of tainting everyone's opinion. In other words, starting off on the wrong foot.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 14 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

Should I shout that this site is corrupt from the rooftops? Let's just let my title say everything. Seriously, this site is ridiculous. They got a group of kids running it and GOD FORBID anyone speak their mind on this site lol

@ TerminX Also, announcing my email address extension somehow makes you look cool? Is that it? Does it give you a sense of purpose in this world? Duke's dead man and it's all you guys' faults. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

@StrikerMan780 Then we must be talking about a different person all together. The person I'm talking about is the one who was on this thread immediately in response to my statement. Now, allow me to prove that Duke is dead. Hendricks and Terminx wouldn't have responded as fast as they did if this site was active. These guys have killed Duke and you're just one of their sheep and I feel sorry for you.

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

This post has been edited by StarCraftZergling: 14 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

As an old member once stated (Mr. Deviance), this site's admins give no respect to new members WHATSOEVER!!

New members who happen to be shitty often perceive hostility due to being shitty as hostility due to being new.

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

View PostStrikerMan780, on 14 August 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

Hendricks has been one of the more level-headed and understanding people on this site. I don't know what you're rambling on about.

On just about any forum, when there's a new user, that is their evaluation period, and if they screw up by acting hostile, foolish, or dumb, then that has a good chance of tainting everyone's opinion. In other words, starting off on the wrong foot.

So in other words, I'm supposed to kiss ass on a new forum? I'd expect at LEAST a "welcome" or something inviting. Why I even joined this site, I'll never know. But I guess it's hard being a sheep... Sorry I'm not one of you.

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

• Honored Donor

With this kind of behavior, it's not doing you any favors with how people are addressing you. This comes across to me as immature, insulting, and indignant. In short, a drama-mongering temper tantrum.

If something happened recently, wouldn't you have been better off discussing it with the mod/admin who angered you instead of posting this thread?

I'll admit, I've had some meltdowns here, hell... even recently. I have had run-ins with trolls, but none of those trolls were ever moderators or admins.

FYI, I'm no sheep. I make my own decisions, and have gone against the grain on this forum more than a few times. The moderators and admins here have done me no wrong, and they haven't really done much that I wouldn't expect on most forums that I've visited. Not being a douche isn't "Kissing-ass".

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 14 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

View PostStrikerMan780, on 14 August 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

With this kind of behavior, it's not doing you any favors with how people are addressing you. This comes across to me as immature, insulting, and indignant. In short, a temper tantrum.

If something happened recently, wouldn't you have been better off discussing it with the mod/admin who angered you instead of posting this thread?

I'll admit, I've had some meltdowns here, hell... even recently. I have had run-ins with trolls, but none of those trolls were ever moderators or admins.

I really do feel sorry for you. And if this comes off as a temper tantrum then you can perceive it however you like. I just don't like this site and I'm speaking the common people's minds here. While you speak for Hendricks and TerminX, I speak for the rest of the 1000s of members who have been mistreated or have left due to this site's quality. I wouldn't blame them! And by the way, Hendricks, I see it like this. I was disrespected from the moment I got to this site to now. And you may call it "being shitty" but I call it "poor moderation". And as I told Striker here, Perceive that however you like.

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

User is offline   Clifford the Big Red Deuce 

• The Original Shitposter

Posted Image

I LOVE DOOKIE NUKEM !!!! Posted Image

This post has been edited by Deuce: 14 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

• Honored Donor

Thousands of users? Hah, doubt it.

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

View PostStrikerMan780, on 14 August 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Thousands of users? Hah, doubt it.

SEE EVEN YOU DOUBT THAT THIS COMMUNITY IS ALIVE!! :D

By the way TerminX, loving the new tag! Never thought it would look that good on my profle :D

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

This post has been edited by StarCraftZergling: 14 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

User is offline   The Albino Ape 

Now before I begin, I'd like to address a matter that EVERY basic user has on their mind. THIS SITE IS CORRUPT!!

Where do I start? I could start with the abusive moderators or I could go with the herd of sheep that flocks this site. Hmm... I guess I'll just start with the moderators here.
As an old member once stated (Mr. Deviance), this site's admins give no respect to new members WHATSOEVER!! When I first signed up, I was not welcomed with open arms or even a "Hello". It was more of a shouting match at first. That seems like a great way to welcome your new members. I understand that a lot of the members here have tenure when it comes to Duke Nukem, but tenure shouldn't make you a senile and disgruntled group member, especially if you're an admin/moderator. I've met quite a few people on this site that were completely down to earth and had some very respectful things to say about me and other members, but not once have I met an admin/moderator who was the same way. Same goes for the members with tenure. I don't like to point fingers, but Hendricks was respectful to me in the beginning but unfortunately that changed one day. Not sure how, not sure why but I'm am positive he will remind me in this thread.

TX is another one. I asked him a while ago to ban me because Duke4 is a disgusting place crawling with evil, senile men who beat off to the disrespecting of new members. His response was simple and clear, "I'll ban you under one condition. I get to put Whiny Pussy Cry Baby as your profile title." Seems like a pretty unfair trade to me and you know, a friend once said to me "Duke4 isn't a group, it's a gang" and that person should receive an award for that statement. This site is TOXIC!! Someone on my YouTube channel wrote a comment stating that the "Quake community was toxic" and I laughed because I guess he's never heard of Duke4.net or better known as "Puke4.nuts."

I can only count on one hand the players who have respected me on this site, which is sad, seeing that Duke Nukem is a dying game and this group seems to still be beating the dead horse. Hell the horse is gone for Christ sake, we're just beating the dirt where the horse laid! I'd also like to take into account that Hendricks is, I believe, 18? And he's a moderator? Honestly, I'm 17 and this shit disgusts me even more. How they let a CHILD become moderator is beyond me. I mean yeah I'm a kid, but you don't see me running around disrespecting members with my admin powers. Besides, I wouldn't want to be admin of a filthy site like this one anyway. You call yourselves Dukers? Jesus, if Duke was real he'd find where you all live and kick you in the nuts! Provided you have any! (Of course I'm not talking about all members but a LARGE few).

FINALLY we can get on to my "sheep" analogy that I mentioned earlier. Does anyone here have a brain and know how to use it? Does anyone have eyes and sees what's happening to this site? Or am I the only guy here gifted with sight and common sense? Players like MetHy who have high reps, but low IQs running around nitpicking new players' attempts at mapping and siding with the admins because they want to seem like the "cool kid"? Let me tell you all something, being cool on Duke4.net is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. I've just had it up to here with this site! No one thinks for themselves! Let Hendricks, MetHy or TX shepherd the sheep that are Duke4 members into the threads to brutally disrespect the members who think freely! YO STALIN, MUSSOLINI AND HITLER, LET THE PEOPLE THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!!! Anyone who speaks freely on this site is gagged and banned, just like how a young child acts when they don't get their way *Looks at Hendricks*. Then there are guys who like to think they are the best thing to happen to Duke4 and decide to rub that in everyone's face and make others feel bad for trying to be accepted *Looks at MetHy*. And to top it all off, there's the man with infinite power who will do what he wants, when he wants because he is the highest form of asshole there is *Looks at TX*. I think the only moderator I liked was Trooper Dan and I didn't actually meet him. Do you know why I liked him? Because he didn't fucking bother me lol!!

Let me end this with a poem.

Duke4.net is the worst place to be
It's worse than the meme "Arrow in the Knee"
I tried to like it here but I really can't
So now I write this cute little rant

Let's see Hendricks rip this apart
Nothing gets past that dumb retard
Blasting up threads like some kind of king
In his little world, the round bell never rings

You know I must say this poem is fun
But unfortunately my time in Duke4 is done
I say let the shepherds diss this thread
But it's too late boys, Duke's already dead

-Copyright StarCraftZerg LLC.

Obviously your anger is much deeper than just frustration with two moderators who work hard in the Duke community(Eduke). If anything, the disrespect and immaturity that you are bitching about is actually coming from you, not the other way around. Kinda contradicted yourself there, right?

If you don't like this place, then go ahead and log off, and never come across this site again. I have never been bothered here, six years I have had an account and not a single moderator "harassed" me. Like I said, your issues with a website are the least of your problems. Go outside, get some fresh air, and re evaluate your life at this moment(this is not a jab at your personal life, but one with such anger should need some improvement).

I'm also going to go on a tangent and say that you are what's wrong with society today. Playing the victim when you started it(For example: The incident said above when you asked to be banned because Duke4 is a 'disgusting place crawling with evil', and when TX comes back with a quip you cry). And putting yourself on a pedestal over everybody by giving self entitlement that your intelligence is superior to others makes you sound like a tool.

Hey guys! I'm Duke's BIGGEST fan, and I'm only 12 years old!

I'm making my first FULL LENGTH EPISODE! I'm calling it Duke Nukem 3Ever.

Here's a peek at the first map!

Posted Image

This mod will have ALL NEW ENEMIES! Say hi to the Icesault Trooper!

Posted Image

By the way, what do you guys think about Duke Nukem 5? I think it should have babes, guns, and explosions! Looking forward to the Mighty Foot!

/me pats StarCraftZergling condescendingly on the head

Go jerk off to Rule 34 of Kerrigan.

User is offline   Never Forgotten 

Y'know this is only gonna get you more hate... I learned my lesson last time Hendricks messed with me. I'm 19, and I'm perfectly fine with someone around my age being a mod. What, do you expect every moderator to be in their 30s - 40s? Best bet is to shut up now before it's too late.

Who Loves Ya Baby?

Never Forgotten/Focus Gaming

• Honored Donor

Don't you even think about twisting my words around.

You bloody goddamn well know what I meant. And that is, I doubt thousands of users have left. The activity here has been about the same as I've always remembered it. The only thing I can think of that really slowed down activity here was the release of Duke Nukem Forever. (Nothing left to speculate about and discuss relating to that game.)

I've seen your behavior both in and outside of this forum. I've shown a lot of people how you act on steam, and well... they all think you come off as a bit of a short-tempered brat. I clearly remember a smear campaign you started against a veteran Duke player, accusing him of cheating. That kind of crap won't earn you any friends. In a community as small as the Duke Nukem community, word spreads like a wildfire and people will hear about stuff like that. Hell, when I was young, and acted stupid on the Skulltag forums, my negative reputation spread across and carried over to all of the various Doom community websites. Lesson learned, and I worked to improve myself since then. Some of that rep still lingers with a couple people, but I don't own that anymore.

You say that people were hostile to you the moment you joined here... looking back at your first post and thread, I see no hostility until the last post in the thread. It's mostly just people disagreeing with your post, and stating that you were asking more than you realized. And yeah, I see 5 downvotes, but most of the time downvotes are about post quality, not personal vendetta. (Sometimes that happens, but it doesn't look like it here.) From the looks of that last post from KamikazeDuke that was indeed hostile, from what I can tell... your reputation on steam has preceded you joining these forums and carried over.

Speaking of that thread, when you start a project thread, you have to prove you can contribute heavily to the development. That's common etiquette on any forum that's dedicated to modding. You can't expect anyone to join your cause when you have nothing to show for it. Ignoring this common-sense bit of etiquette will get you laughed at just about anywhere, such as the ZDoom forums, Facepunch, Zandronum, and here is no exception. Now, in your Duke For3ver Mini-Mod thread, you got plenty of upvotes and respect, because unlike the first thread, you started with something substantial off the bat. Sure, there was some constructive criticism about the gameplay, but plenty of good remarks about the architecture. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

In fact, in most of the posts I've been reading, there hasn't been much in the way of genuine hostility towards you. Even recently from what I've seen. So, what gives?

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 14 August 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostNever Forgotten, on 14 August 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Y'know this is only gonna get you more hate... I learned my lesson last time Hendricks messed with me. I'm 19, and I'm perfectly fine with someone around my age being a mod. What, do you expect every moderator to be in their 30s - 40s? Best bet is to shut up now before it's too late.

I'm going to man up and apologize for messing around with your signature just because " Who Loves Ya Baby? " stood out too much (in line with the "no annoying images in sigs or as avatars" rule). I absolve you of your member title.

• Whiny Pussy Cry Baby

I'm just gonna leave this last comment here lol. You know they say to never feed the trolls. Thanks guys, I was feeling a bit hungry today and I guess I knew just where to go to get my fix :D

You guys are silly. It's like I just walked into the day care for mentally challenged kids. I'm sorry little children, I didn't mean to interrupt your window licking competition, please continue without me. Let me see how much more butt hurt people I can get to cluster fuck this thread LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

And PLEASE Hendricks, keep my title... Why take it away from me??? It's all I have here XD

Pro DNF and DN3D player.

This post has been edited by StarCraftZergling: 14 August 2015 - 10:34 PM

• Honored Donor

Yeah, you've proven yourself to be a quality individual. [/sarcasm]

This is why people don't like you, and why you get treated this way. There is no corruption, just a low tolerance for bullshit.

Also, I know you just made that last post in a vain attempt to save face. It's not working.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 14 August 2015 - 10:37 PM

User is offline   Clifford the Big Red Deuce 

• The Original Shitposter

View PostStarCraftZergling, on 14 August 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

I'm just gonna leave this last comment here lol. You know they say to never feed the trolls. Thanks guys, I was feeling a bit hungry today and I guess I knew just where to go to get my fix :D

Eat Up

Posted Image

I LOVE DOOKIE NUKEM !!!! Posted Image

You guys are silly. It's like I just walked into the day care for mentally challenged kids. I'm sorry little children, I didn't mean to interrupt your window licking competition, please continue without me. Let me see how much more butt hurt people I can get to cluster fuck this thread LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

And PLEASE Hendricks, keep my title... Why take it away from me??? It's all I have here XD

Good riddance, kid.

• el fundador

It's like I just walked into the day care for mentally challenged kids.

HI! Is your mom gonna be picking you up at the usual time today? :D

View PostTerminX, on 14 August 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

HI! Is your mom gonna be picking you up at the usual time today? :D

Watch out, the downvotes are coming!

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Keep the dox on lock, OP sucks the cock.

>Nazi mods

Nigga they let me post fucking poz stories.

Posted Image

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

18 Yo Pig Craving Poz Loads

Hey!

Any guys in (North)Western Europe with toxic loads? Real neg pigboy here!

Looking for a guy to roughly fist my ass open (so the bug gets directly in my blood) for quite a while and then blow your toxic aids cum in it....

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 14 August 2015 - 11:24 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

As an avid user of these forums, I'm not sure what past experiences you've encountered StarCraftZergling that make you feel this way but the Developers are very active with the Eduke development and lucky for us with the community forums as well. Truly it is an amazing opportunity for the average Joe from the internet to just be able to strike up a conversation and brush shoulders with these dev's. These people are very smart and talented people and they take time out of their busy lives to actively listen and reply to the Eduke community. Most of the time when forum posts get ugly amongst users they don't get involved... it's not because they don't care it's just because they can't be bothered by wasting their time and energy with immature behavior, so they hope by letting things play out nature will just run its course. However, there are exceptions when things get pushed too far. Now based on my experience here the Moderators hardly get involved with most of the crap that gets posted. I will recognize that there are some select veterans on the site with a lot of experience that seem to get annoyed with new people who have little experience who are trying to learn the basics. But a lot of it has to do with attitude and how you come across. I have found over time these forums have greatly improved with people being more accepting and supportive of one another.

I remember when I first signed up I had my fair share of problems adjusting to the crowd then I learned that not everyone has to hear what I have to say all the time and sometimes I don't always need to share or attempt to enforce my values on others because that's not what this place is about. This place isn't about you or me and what we stand for and quite frankly nobody here cares about that. If you just sit back, relax and talk about the game we all enjoy so much there shouldn't really be a problem fitting in. If there are conversations that touch on a sensitive topics refrain from posting in that section and don't go near it. That's what I have been doing and it's been working really well for me. Good luck with whatever direction you choose.

Long live Duke!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 14 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

• Snazzy Tazzy

My thoughts when I read the thread title before entering:
Posted Image

My actual thoughts: If you think this place has abusive moderators then you're probably right. They're abusive to turd-like people like yourself and for good reason but I shouldn't need to go into that but I will say that Hendricks makes amazing titles for people.

And speaking of Hendricks, yes this place is corrupt and most of the regular posters here are friends with everyone else and the administration included. But it is better to be friends than end up with topics like the Windows 10 thread or all the other fuckups of threads we've had lately because of specific people but I don't hate those people, it just provides a little entertainment until someone goes and gets hurt and then it doesn't feel right to laugh.

If you want respect, don't act like a fuckwit and appreciate other people's work before you might, just might get someone to say something nice about you.

-Copyright My Ass Inc.

User is online   MetHy 

MetHy or TX shepherd the sheep that are Duke4 members into the threads to brutally disrespect the members who think freely! YO STALIN, MUSSOLINI AND HITLER, LET THE PEOPLE THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!!! Anyone who speaks freely on this site is gagged and banned, just like how a young child acts when they don't get their way *Looks at Hendricks*. Then there are guys who like to think they are the best thing to happen to Duke4 and decide to rub that in everyone's face and make others feel bad for trying to be accepted *Looks at MetHy*.

Basically you're mad at me because I dared to dislike some minor things ("nitpicking") in your maps.
So, you don't want to hear the negative comments, only the positive ones, and you say we are against freespeak.

Your crying will not make me stop me from saying what I want to say. If you don't want any criticism and only want your back to be rubbed the right way, don't post your maps on forums, just send them to your online friends.
Trying to understand a point of view other than yours on your work is important to progress and it's part of the process. Of the mapping process, but also of a lot of things in life.

Step it up a little, whatever you do in life, someone will always find something negative to say. You're almost 18, if this is how you react when someone tells something to you in the context of an internet forum (a context where this kind of feedback is supposed to happen - I mean, most mappers actually ask for it), then your skin isn't worth much in a job situation where your boss and anyone with a ounce of power will shout at you and take you responsible for every little thing even when they are wrong.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 14 August 2015 - 11:47 PM

• el fundador

You guys wanna know what real corruption is? Real corruption is deleting your thread and banning you and then acting like it never happened if anyone ever asks. Real corruption is editing your posts to put words in your mouth that were never there. Real corruption is controlling something from the shadows like some holier-than-thou asshole who never gives anyone the chance to complain or express opposing viewpoints.

Duke4.net is not a haven of real corruption. I am moderately abusive at times, but I don't care. It's a human trait, I am human and I own that. There are multiple ways to avoid it... you could toughen up, you could ignore it, you could kick rocks and never come back, you could make friends with us, you could experience personal growth to the point where you don't feel compelled to write pages of hissy fit material to strangers on the Internet (hah), etc. There are plenty of options. If you don't like it, feel free to post somewhere else and associate with people who you get along with better. I'm pretty sure all of the rest of us will still be here not giving a shit.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options