Duke4.net Forums: Rare & Expensive Video Games. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rare & Expensive Video Games.  "Do you own any?"

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The rarest thing I had was the 32X version of Blackthorne but I gave it to Coraline.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View Post64Ghost, on 15 August 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Is that your collection there and is that the game that is sometimes in the movies?
Yes, images are from my games unless noted. :D ... and not sure what you mean about in the movies?

64Ghost said:

Just wondering I see some (maybe) even more interesting things at the bottom of the screen N64 and Snes I wonder what is there give me it :D
I have some Nintendo 64 games a few N64 consoles. I never had a Nintendo 64 when I was younger as I was almost exclusively a PC Gamer in the 90's. For this reason I don't own many boxed or complete Nintendo 64 games. I don't have/require boxes for NES, SNES, N64 games, and most handhelds up to the plastic cased era. I do have/require boxes for Jaguar, Intellivision, Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega CD, TurboGrafix, and all optical disk media consoles after that.

64Ghost said:

I don't know about rare and expensive but I kind of like whats on this thread its like classic collections in a way...
I agree with this for sure. :D

64Ghost said:

Well here is the rarest games I have in box I have some other stuff but there loose you know for snes DK Country and Mario stuff. Most of my stuff was lost, I moved a hole lot as a kid and even once we didn't meet rent so all stuff was put outside one day and the scavengers took it away probably when I was like 11.
I re sized the pics smaller though

Inside of these I have everything that came with the boxes manuals/posters etc etc.
<image snipped>
Cool... saving boxes for these not as common, so they are harder to find and cost more to obtain. Hats off to anyone who saved all of these for so many years. :D

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 16 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

User is online   Lunick 

When looking at my collection, the "rarest" of the bunch is probably my Exhumed box or my Shadow Warrior Mac box :D

I also have a game called Cubic Ninja for 3DS which went up in price due to it being used in homebrew exploits until recently when other free alternatives were found.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 16 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostTea Monster, on 22 September 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

I love the way that these video game covers all seem to take place in a strange alternate universe with it's own peculiar physics, human anatomy and materials.

I mean, just check this shit out:
Posted Image

The 80s were wonderful as you could get your painting onto store shelves with only a grade-school art diploma.

That's... A rare-ass game!

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

Reformatted Repost:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 01 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

^It is pretty cool artwork. I've yet to give the records a spin, and it's unfortunate that the game code was removed before it was sent here, as I was really looking forward to as I quite enjoyed the first one.

:) Powerslave for the Sega Saturn got rare fast! Used for $250!

http://www.amazon.co...ords=Powerslave

Speaking of Powerslave. I ordered a sole copy of the PC version of Powerslave for $14.99 on Amazon.com.

EDIT: Looks like the Sega Saturn holds the record of having the most rare games on a console or is it the NES? I hate to see those rare Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon Saga being faded into obscurity. :)

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 30 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I have no idea if there is a market for my old stuff. I haven't really looked in a bunch of years. I still have the system and games for Atari 2600, Colecovision, and TI99 computer.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 30 October 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

:) Powerslave for the Sega Saturn got rare fast! Used for $250!

http://www.amazon.co...ords=Powerslave

Speaking of Powerslave. I ordered a sole copy of the PC version of Powerslave for $14.99 on Amazon.com.

EDIT: Looks like the Sega Saturn holds the record of having the most rare games on a console or is it the NES? I hate to see those rare Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon Saga being faded into obscurity. :)
Excessive prices happen pretty often on Amazon though... eBay is generally more stable.
Powerslave (Sega Saturn, 1996) Complete $59.99 is more like it... Here... This price is pretty common for Sega Saturn Powerslave on eBay.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 30 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Not expensive but.

Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostDaedolon, on 31 October 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

Not expensive but.

But those are super rare, you could make millions.

View PostDaedolon, on 31 October 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

Not expensive but.

Posted Image

The I.M. Meen one is nice, I remember that game as a kid.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options