Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

View PostTerminX, on 17 November 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Eh... he flipped out and called everyone Euro-trash faggots because he didn't get a customer support reply fast enough. It's no way to act, whether 3DR has poor customer service at the moment or not. If you want to cancel your preorder over someone getting kicked out for acting like a huge dildo, be my guest, but it sounds a little ridiculous to me.

Hi, TerminiX. This is more the final straw for me, I'm not cancelling because of it specifically. My enthusiasm for Bombshell (believe it or not I think the game has great potential, and I love the character) has kept me around, but I've been in awe of the incompetence at 3DR for several years now. Personally, I don't like how Mike and Fred do business, and I don't want to support them any more than I have to.

Anyhow, all that aside, I've already bought Ion Maiden on Steam. If there's another way of buying it that puts more money in your pocket, I'd be happy to consider buying it a second time when it launches. But as far as other merchandise, unfortunately I think I'm out. Too bad, cause some of those t shirts are pretty cool...

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

They still have a way to go but working with them is already night and day versus what it was like a couple years ago. Either way, thanks for supporting our game.

User is offline   Renegado 

I had a similar issue as Hank with my delivery address and my ticket in 3DR's customer support helpdesk system is now 116 days old without having received any response yet. I've tried emailing them too but if I don't get a response before the end of the year I'll be forced to cancel my order of the founders edition as well.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hmmm... I have no problems with anything or anyone right now. Just waiting patiently for the game to be finished. Is that weird?

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

A lot of people are talking about Ion Maiden IMO. I'm seeing it mentioned by a bunch of different streamers and 3DR posts about it often in the FB group that a lot of people are following. I mean, I guess they're not so shitty at advertising and the name power alone still increases the odds that more will play it than some other retro shooter coming out. Shame about the customer support, though.

I just think at this point, it's a good "business move" to stick with them. There's no reason to be cynical about that.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 18 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostRenegado, on 18 November 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

I had a similar issue as Hank with my delivery address and my ticket in 3DR's customer support helpdesk system is now 116 days old without having received any response yet. I've tried emailing them too but if I don't get a response before the end of the year I'll be forced to cancel my order of the founders edition as well.

Well, that's fucking stupid. We're on it!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postnecroslut, on 15 November 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Eh, ejectring brass into the face of the shooter is an "old-school FPS" staple. If it went any other direction you wouldn't see it in as much detail.

Depends on the game. Doesn't happen in plenty of "old school FPS" games like Doom. I'm well aware of the staple, I've been playing FPS games for ~20 years. I've also been shooting guns for ~15 years. I was merely sympathizing with Forge who people were taking way too seriously in this thread.

User is offline   Master O 

Out of curiosity, if you guys at Voidpoint had to give a percentage, how far of the way through development of Ion Maiden are you?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

As for Hank, I'm going to have to bring forth the Louis CK/Chris Rock defense. I'm sorry, you can disagree with his choice of words all you want, but they were acting exactly like what he said they were acting like. It's inexcusable business practice. I get it though, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJimmy 4k, on 18 November 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

Forge
who people were taking way too seriously in this thread.

you're the only one who gets me, :rolleyes:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's because you're fucking cute.

User is offline   Mark 

Stalkers know their victims well. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Mark: 18 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostJimmy 4k, on 18 November 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

Depends on the game. Doesn't happen in plenty of "old school FPS" games like Doom. I'm well aware of the staple, I've been playing FPS games for ~20 years. I've also been shooting guns for ~15 years. I was merely sympathizing with Forge who people were taking way too seriously in this thread.

Obviously. But plenty of games went out of their way, flipping around weapons and so on, to eject brass in the way where it would be the most visible. Because cool > realism.
Doom is a bit of a edge case since it doesn't have any ejecting brass at all and it also has centered weapons which makes which side the ejection port is on quite irrelevant.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Okay and your point?

User is offline   Forge 

View Postnecroslut, on 18 November 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Because cool > realism.

What's that supposed to mean?
Left-handed weapons exist. There's nothing "unrealistic" about them.

Being a southpaw, or mocking their guns, isn't a trope, you racist.

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy 4k, on 18 November 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Okay and your point?

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostJimmy 4k, on 18 November 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Okay and your point?

Wondering what your point was. I must have read your post lazily though, because the last line kinda explained it. Sorry 'bout that waste of time, then.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostRenegado, on 18 November 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Hey Renegado!

I’m sorry about this. We’re taking care of it right away.

The second I found out, our “hello@3drealms.com” tickets had been left unanswered, I hired someone to take take care of this exclusively. She’s been going through all customer support tickets this week.

If you haven’t received a reply, please drop another mail to hello@3drealms.com and you’ll get a reply right away.

Thank you for letting me know! :rolleyes:

User is offline   Renegado 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 19 November 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

Hey Renegado!

I’m sorry about this. We’re taking care of it right away.

The second I found out, our “hello@3drealms.com” tickets had been left unanswered, I hired someone to take take care of this exclusively. She’s been going through all customer support tickets this week.

If you haven’t received a reply, please drop another mail to hello@3drealms.com and you’ll get a reply right away.

Thank you for letting me know! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the response Fred, she already contacted me.
I'm glad to see that you guys are finally sorting out the problems you had with customer support. I really didn't want to miss my chance to grab the founders edition.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Cage has a terrific art blog up on the official 3DR site:

https://3drealms.com...art-ion-maiden/

• Judge Mental

Posted Image

Holy. Shit. Did they.... Did they find the old models??

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It's an old screenshot, nothing more.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I've not seen that one before. I wonder if they have any more we've not seen.

I remember being told at one point that they didn't have the original models. I don't know what happened to them if that is true. Maybe Chuck has them?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Sounds like a topic of discussion for Duke Nukem sections :rolleyes:

Snap itself could be never before seen as well. From archives. It's just an old screenshot.

• Judge Mental

View Postoasiz, on 21 November 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

Sounds like a topic of discussion for Duke Nukem sections :rolleyes:

Indeed it does, of which we have two topics where this was dicussed, One specifically dedicated to acquiring and archiving all the Animation Master stuff.

View Postoasiz, on 21 November 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

It's just an old screenshot.

To you it's just an old screenshot. To some of us it's an interesting piece of history.

I went on the 3D Realms site again to see if I could purchase a hard copy of IM, but it looks like they still haven't gotten another batch in of the boxed version. Shame. Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm pretty sure oasiz knows the importance of it. I think he meant "it's just a screenshot" in the sense that there's no other material with it.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

And that it wasn't indicative of them having found the source models.

User is offline   Forge 

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not, but it's a good time to go to the Ion Maiden store page on steam and nominate it for a Steam Award.
Not sure what that gets the game, except maybe some exposure on their front page if it places high enough.

You probably have to have a steam account, but I don't think you need to own the game to nominate it.

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Thanks man!

User is offline   Forge 

Voidpoint won't show up as an option when trying to select a nominee for developer.

Something about needing to set up their creator homepage through steam.

View PostDavoX, on 21 November 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Thanks man!

meh.
some ass-sucking community, like Far Cry, will push their pony for game of the year, so I elected Ion Maiden for 'best environment'

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 November 2018 - 04:40 PM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options