• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 November 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Wow this thread's awesome.

Sorry.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMblackwell, on 14 November 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Chill out.

They also make these things in the physical world called brass deflectors that clip over ejection ports and make casings fall straight down.
Used them on M16 & M16A1s for lefties.

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 November 2018 - 11:10 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

Eh, ejectring brass into the face of the shooter is an "old-school FPS" staple. If it went any other direction you wouldn't see it in as much detail.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 15 November 2018 - 09:08 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostForge, on 14 November 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm sorry.

They also make these things in the physical world called sorry deflectors that sorry over sorry ports and make casings fall straight down.
Used them on i'msorry-16 & sorryA1's for left wingers.

I'm sorry.

View Postnecroslut, on 15 November 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Eh, ejectring brass into the face of the shooter is an "old-school FPS" staple. If it went any other direction you wouldn't see it in as much detail.

The RULE of KEWL.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostJimmy 4k, on 14 November 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

I doubt more than one or two members of Voidpoint have ever actually even held a gun in their life, which is why something "glaringly obvious" like this could slip through.

View Postnecroslut, on 15 November 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

my last post, ever, unless shit happens
https://boards.3drea...en-big-box/1130

Fuck Euro Trash.

yes, gimme reds, it ain't gonna change, my disgust, for 3D fucking Realms.

All the best for Voidpoint, but my patience for 3D (fucking) Realms, and this Schreiber shit is at an end. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHank, on 16 November 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

my last post, ever, unless shit happens
https://boards.3drea...en-big-box/1130

Fuck Euro Trash.

yes, gimme reds, it ain't gonna change, my disgust, for 3D fucking Realms.

All the best for Voidpoint, but my patience for 3D (fucking) Realms, and this Schreiber shit is at an end. :rolleyes:

Euro trash is a bit strong. I like a lot of Euro people, but I feel for ya, man.

View PostTerminX, on 30 October 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Come on man, you know that's bullshit.
You're talking about a one time delay

something, something, something -then I said i would stop calling crappy customer service, crappy & elitist game developers with smug attitudes, douche-nozzles
...so I have to keep the color commentary to myself.

but this is probably worth bringing up:

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 29 October 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

About the 3D Realms forums - Yes we're not paying too much attention to it, as 90% of all communication with our community happens through Discord these days.
Joe is occasionally checking up on the Forums, but I've not been good at keeping up with the topics. Something I definitely need to improve upon.

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 November 2018 - 10:05 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

~50% of IM is yurotrash, yours truly included :rolleyes:
But yeah, I can understand your frustration...

User is offline   VGA 

I don't understand what happened. Hank moved and he can't change the shipping address or something?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostVGA, on 17 November 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

I don't understand what happened. Hank moved and he can't change the shipping address or something?

For around two months Hank and some other customers have been posting on the 3dr forum & (allegedly) sending them emails to inform them of a change of address - because they ordered the Ion Maiden Big Box.
They received no response.

https://boards.3drea...iden-order/1050

Hank posts here @ Duke4. Finally somebody @ 3dr responds.
I can only assume that once again, someone from Voidpoint had to go tell 3dr to wake up.

https://forums.duke4...post__p__309278

Then Fred gets butthurt after one of his customers made an abrasive comment because they didn't like being ignored.

https://boards.3drea...big-box/1130/10

The end.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 November 2018 - 08:16 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

For goodness sake...

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 17 November 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

For goodness sake...

no, no
you're doing it wrong.
Duke4 has a forum and an email/message service, but you can't use those to contact anyone. Those get ignored.
You must install a third-party platform and try to subscribe to an off-site messenger server.

Collated and in triplicate please.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 November 2018 - 07:37 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

To be fair, 3D Realms acknowledged this and a couple of days ago announced there is a new employee taking care of customer support.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 17 November 2018 - 07:50 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMetHy, on 17 November 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

To be fair, 3D Realms acknowledged this and a couple of days ago announced there is a new employee taking care of customer support.

Okay.
Fred acknowledged a month ago that the 3dr site forums and communication channels were being ignored & that it needed to be 'improved upon'.
(longer if you go back to the issue with not telling their customer base that one of their employees was sick & couldn't post updates).
It's not a "new" problem.

They basically sat on their thumb until it became a problem.
Seems fair.

Running a company that is set up to take a customer's money, but has no customer service is NOT a good business model. Unless you're a drug dealer.
Keep slapping lipstick on that pig if it makes you comfortable.

I find it a little pathetic that Voidpoint has to keep picking up their slack while simultaneously maintaining a good working relation with them, and then keeping their fanbase appeased with, "we talked to them", "it's been taken care of", "we did it for you", etc., etc..

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 November 2018 - 08:38 AM

• Judge Mental

Well. That's something.

Shoulda brought popcorn, I didn't realize there was gonna be a show! Posted Image

Hey, Hank if you don't want your big box anymore, i'll take it!

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 17 November 2018 - 08:24 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 17 November 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Shoulda brought popcorn, I didn't realize there was gonna be a show! Posted Image

No. Not really.

Tx, or another voidpoint member, will come on here, tell me and/or Hank to calm the fuck down, they've handled everything (again).
Fred might even show up, pretend to accept responsibility, assure the faithful that everything will get better, then disappear.

It's a pattern.

• Judge Mental

They say fire is the time in which we burn.

User is offline   Forge 

User is offline   Hank 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 17 November 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Hey, Hank if you don't want your big box anymore, i'll take it!

Hurry. I just cancelled my order. So contact them and ask for Henry's box. :D

As for my temper, I apologize, as Forge wrote, racism is not called for. Hell, I'm from Europe. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Mark 

View PostHank, on 17 November 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hell, I'm from Europe. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry. :D

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's not really called for to join the 3DR Discord and call everyone faggots, either...

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTerminX, on 17 November 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

It's not really called for to join the 3DR Discord and call everyone faggots, either...

True, I do apologize for that one as well. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMark, on 17 November 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

I'm sorry. :rolleyes:

That's my line

View PostHank, on 17 November 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hurry. I just cancelled my order. So contact them and ask for Henry's box. :rolleyes:

How did you do that? I want to cancel mine, but it's not showing in my "orders" on the 3DR website.

Edit: Well, I replied to the order confirmation email, we'll see if that does it...

This post has been edited by cosmonautcowboy: 17 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View Postcosmonautcowboy, on 17 November 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Edit: Well, I replied to the order confirmation email, we'll see if that does it...

Same. I forwarded an email to them, with the order details, requesting to cancel that order, and archived that email.
The founders box is a hot ticket, lot's of people want it. I'm certain, once they get their act in gear, it will get sold. :rolleyes:

View PostHank, on 17 November 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Same. I forwarded an email to them, with the order details, requesting to cancel that order, and archived that email.
The founders box is a hot ticket, lot's of people want it. I'm certain, once they get their act in gear, it will get sold. :rolleyes:

Cool, hopefully they're able to cancel mine with no issue. The founders box is a nice piece of merchandise, no doubt. I'm sure they won't have trouble selling any cancellations.

Personal opinion here- reading Fred's reply to you on the 3DR forum pretty much killed the last interest I have in supporting the clown show that is 3D Realms. Were you out of line? I dunno, maybe. That's not for me to say. But 3DR can't have atrocious customer service and then get indignant when said customers get angry. I don't just mean this instance in particular, I mean their complete inability to communicate with customers and potential customers. Along with the absolute mismanagement that was evident with Bombshell.

I've got nothing but respect for the VoidPoint team, and I'm happy to have bought Ion Maiden. I just wish 3DR was in better hands, and I could support VoidPoint without supporting 3DR.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postcosmonautcowboy, on 17 November 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Cool, hopefully they're able to cancel mine with no issue. The founders box is a nice piece of merchandise, no doubt. I'm sure they won't have trouble selling any cancellations.

Personal opinion here- reading Fred's reply to you on the 3DR forum pretty much killed the last interest I have in supporting the clown show that is 3D Realms. Were you out of line? I dunno, maybe. That's not for me to say. But 3DR can't have atrocious customer service and then get indignant when said customers get angry. I don't just mean this instance in particular, I mean their complete inability to communicate with customers and potential customers. Along with the absolute mismanagement that was evident with Bombshell.

I've got nothing but respect for the VoidPoint team, and I'm happy to have bought Ion Maiden. I just wish 3DR was in better hands, and I could support VoidPoint without supporting 3DR.

Eh... he flipped out and called everyone Euro-trash faggots because he didn't get a customer support reply fast enough. It's no way to act, whether 3DR has poor customer service at the moment or not. If you want to cancel your preorder over someone getting kicked out for acting like a huge dildo, be my guest, but it sounds a little ridiculous to me.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTerminX, on 17 November 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Eh... he flipped out and called everyone Euro-trash faggots because he didn't get a customer support reply fast enough. It's no way to act,

Not fast enough
makes it sound like Hank only waited a couple hours before acting like dumb ass.

No excuse to make the posts he did.
I've had issues with companies and money grabbing disabled veteran organizations. The letters were strongly worded, but still 'professional'.

View PostTerminX, on 17 November 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

whether 3DR has poor customer service at the moment or not. If you want to cancel your preorder over someone getting kicked out for acting like a huge dildo, be my guest, but it sounds a little ridiculous to me.

Or they could be cancelling their order because of the obvious, flagrant, and repeatedly negligent customer support.
Maybe it's 'just a game' and not a car, but some people take customer service serious. It reflects the quality and reliability of the product and the company.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 November 2018 - 07:10 PM

• Judge Mental

Being in a checkstand between 5 and 9 hours a day I can attest to that. Customer service, very important.

Though unlike in this kind of situation I basically have to take the shit that comes my way.

I know a lot of people don't see it that way, but that is the way it is. Your best weapon is "i'm sorry" and failing that, silence. Move on to the next one. If you've tried everything and you can't succeed, you just can't please this one, the next one is your chance to try again.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options