Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

Indeed they looks like nuns at first sight Posted Image.

I did not believe that when i played this game on a friend's pc was just a demo, it was so good already and brought me back to the 90s.
It was a cool surprise to know that it is a new game in this era, i hope that it will help to switch some new gens minds to realize that nice graphics alone does NOT make a game.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Fixed thanks to a lazy ass edit. Enjoy the censored version... :rolleyes:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That almost looks cooler.

Almost.

• The Truth is in here

I am not sure if it's allowed to show her neckline at all, though. Maybe I already took a bit too many artistic liberties there. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Hank 

^ Ion Maiden plays in the US.
Look at on how some women dress in Far Cry. They meet the stringent code of Saudi Arabia's game censors.

This post has been edited by Hank: 08 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNightFright, on 08 October 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

Fixed thanks to a lazy ass edit. Enjoy the censored version... :rolleyes:

That's a ninja!

• The Truth is in here

Just rename the game to Shadow Warrioress™ for the Arabian market, then...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

User is offline   KareBear 

I wonder what percentage of Ion Maiden sales are to people in the middle east?

0.02% perhaps.

User is offline   NNC 

I doubt there were better sale numbers for Duke and other FPS games there.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Oh no you found it. It was shelly all along.

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Now I want a Shelly skin for CS.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

A gun toting nun would have been a far more interesting character than just another soldier.

Posted Image

Now give her a gun please (aaand... no, not YOUR gun) Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I like the strategic placement of that head scarf.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostxMobilemux, on 09 October 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

A gun toting nun would have been a far more interesting character than just another soldier.

A GZDooM gameplay mod let you play as a nun with guns to fight DooM monsters.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 11 October 2018 - 07:40 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I may regret this question, but what's the deal with feminism whinning? Am I missing something? Granted I haven't bought the game yet due reasons but from the distance I see nothing "triggering" there.

Wish there was 86x compability so I could play the game right now. Not that it's very critical, I can wait for a weekend to get the game which would be in December.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 20 October 2018 - 07:58 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 20 October 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I may regret this question, but what's the deal with feminism whinning?

Fred virtue-signaled about the difference between the current version of Shelly vs. the 90's prototype. It annoyed people.

There's nothing wrong with either version, as long as the character has a proper personality and the game world revolves around more than just its physical appearance..

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostForge, on 20 October 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Fred virtue-signaled about the difference between the current version of Shelly vs. the 90's prototype. It annoyed people.

Fred is truly the mastermind of marketing.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I may regret this question, but what's the deal with feminism whinning? Am I missing something? Granted I haven't bought the game yet due reasons but from the distance I see nothing "triggering" there.

Wish there was 86x compability so I could play the game right now. Not that it's very critical, I can wait for a weekend to get the game which would be in December.

The people who are saying that probably haven't played the game itself.

You could easily swap out Shelly with a random male character, and the game would play exactly the same way. If it wasn't for the one-liners (ok, and the face in the hud and title screen) I'd have no idea I was playing as a female. My point is that this has zero elements of a feminist game, and simply happens to star a women. There are people out there who judge the game entirely around that one fact.

I wasn't aware of Fred's comments until now. I'm not sure how widespread they are to the average gamer.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMicky C, on 20 October 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

I wasn't aware of Fred's comments until now. I'm not sure how widespread they are to the average gamer.

iirc, he started his progressive ally commentary on steam. I tend to think it stayed within the ion maiden community for the most part, since there weren't any articles about it on any major online game review site. Those rags love to take a juicy story and blow it out of proportion. Next thing we know, Tx is being portrayed as a purple-haired trans.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

A little bit of controversy is not a bad thing.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostForge, on 20 October 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Next thing we know, Tx is being portrayed as a purple-haired trans.

Wait, he's not a purple-haired trans???

View PostForge, on 20 October 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Ah, typical terrible PR bullshit when it isn't even necessary, classic. Unless of course it was done on purpose and brought more sales aside from simple attention.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 21 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSledgehammer, on 21 October 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

Ah, typical terrible PR bullshit when it isn't even necessary, classic. Unless of course it was done on purpose and brought more sales aside from simple attention.

Voidpoint edited the post to remove the references to sexuality being shameful and make it more objective like a museum exhibit of artifacts. Some guy thought we were "covering up the evidence", bought the game, played 0.1 hours, left a negative review, refunded it, and spammed a bunch of imageboards trying to form a hate mob. Joke's on him though, because we got a spike in sales that day.

User is online   Phredreeke 

If by 86x compatibility you mean a 32-bit version then that has been brought up a number of times on Discord. It's unlikely that a 32-bit system would run the game with acceptable performance.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPhredreeke, on 21 October 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

If by 86x compatibility you mean a 32-bit version then that has been brought up a number of times on Discord. It's unlikely that a 32-bit system would run the game with acceptable performance.

Really? Why is that?

View PostHendricks266, on 21 October 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Voidpoint edited the post to remove the references to sexuality being shameful and make it more objective like a museum exhibit of artifacts.

I see. Nice, it's too bad that nowadays barely anyone can stick their virtue signaling which no one really needs or cares about up their asses where it should belong. Was least expecting something like that fom 3DR of all publishers.

View PostHendricks266, on 21 October 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Some guy thought we were "covering up the evidence", bought the game, played 0.1 hours, left a negative review, refunded it, and spammed a bunch of imageboards trying to form a hate mob. Joke's on him though, because we got a spike in sales that day.

Not really surprising. It's good that in the end this PR wasn't such a disaster. Though Fred could pull out Hatred devs on puporse, that would bring a lot of good results no doubt.

Anyway, the most important thing I'd like to know is did the game perform well in the end? I assume it did and you're making more eps and content, aren't you? Can't wait for December to finally try it out, though I'm a bit "triggered" by early access despite fully trusting you.

View PostZaxx, on 21 October 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Really? Why is that?

Wonder myself. Though I guess by the time they implement it I'll get my hands on my desktop already.

User is online   Phredreeke 

based on testing the game on my gpd win

Attached File(s)

User is offline   SonicB00M 

So Ion Maiden for PS4, XBox One and Switch was just announced for Q2 2019. Will the PC version hit simultaneously or is it coming sooner?

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options