• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That was quite entertaining. And now I want to buy Amid Evil. Never heard of that one. Also never heard of this YouTuber. Thanks for the introduction.

Also, freaking props to Andrew Hulshult for showing up everywhere. He's earned it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

User is offline   ALF Dude 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 26 August 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Civvie 11 discusses Ion Maiden alongside DUSK and Amid Evil in his contemporary round-up of shooters that play like the 1990s classics.

Really cool video, and really cool looking games.It's been many years since I've been wishing for the old school primitive 3d aesthetic to finally get the respect it deserves. Everyone is making pixel art inspired games, so why not old school 3d? These guys get it.

This post has been edited by ALF Dude: 26 August 2018 - 11:43 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 26 August 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Civvie 11 discusses Ion Maiden alongside DUSK and Amid Evil in his contemporary round-up of shooters that play like the 1990s classics.

I have no idea why that guy has so few subscribers.

Can enemies please not go idle in Queen of the Hill mode.
I've had a spider go idle behind the truck and the only way to reach it was to noclip.

To add insult to injury, it was the last enemy in wave 15...

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 28 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Dusk was excellent. Played it and had a blast a while ago. If Amid Evil is more of the same poison, sign me up. Retro shooter s ftw!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostDoom64hunter, on 28 August 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Can enemies please not go idle in Queen of the Hill mode.
I've had a spider go idle behind the truck and the only way to reach it was to noclip.

To add insult to injury, it was the last enemy in wave 15...

Which version did you play? Latest beta?

View Postoasiz, on 28 August 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Which version did you play? Latest beta?

Oh, no just the regular release. Didn't realize there was a beta.
By the way, in terms of performance, my machine was barely able to handle the last wave, but all others went fine.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostDoom64hunter, on 28 August 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Oh, no just the regular release. Didn't realize there was a beta.
By the way, in terms of performance, my machine was barely able to handle the last wave, but all others went fine.

The beta has an overhauled qoth mode, you should be able to enable it if you bought it from steam.
What's been changed are the wave pacing, addition of a radar, major bugs with scoring have been fixed, etc..
It should run much smoother.

View Postoasiz, on 28 August 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

The beta has an overhauled qoth mode, you should be able to enable it if you bought it from steam.
What's been changed are the wave pacing, addition of a radar, major bugs with scoring have been fixed, etc..
It should run much smoother.

Just tried it, ran much smoother, and is also a bit harder due to having less armor pickups.
No enemy got stuck this time, and the radar is definitely a great addition.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Great to hear that!
There were some major last minute balancing changes that got done for qoth launch that made it perhaps a bit too easy in some sections.
Before launch you moved at roughly 50% speed when firing, which offset the balancing by a huge amount but it wasn't nearly as fun with that :(
Pacing was made a bit quicker to compensate and some pickups were redone also the formula for score calculation was pretty much completely redone so it much better reflects your progress and rewards skilled play more.

Hardest skill should be a nasty challenge now btw!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postoasiz, on 28 August 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

ever going to 'finalize' that beta into an update so us poor 3dr purchasers can get a taste?

View Postoasiz, on 29 August 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

Great to hear that!
There were some major last minute balancing changes that got done for qoth launch that made it perhaps a bit too easy in some sections.
Before launch you moved at roughly 50% speed when firing, which offset the balancing by a huge amount but it wasn't nearly as fun with that :(
Pacing was made a bit quicker to compensate and some pickups were redone also the formula for score calculation was pretty much completely redone so it much better reflects your progress and rewards skilled play more.

Hardest skill should be a nasty challenge now btw!

I did play on the hardest skill setting, the shotgun train wave was in my opinion the hardest to beat. Shotgunners are definitely the most dangerous out of the current roster of enemies. (do they have official names by the way?)
Managed to beat it on the second try though. My years of experience as a heavy in TF2 finally paid off :unsure:

Also, my specs are as follows:
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 6 Cores
  • RAM: 12GB
  • GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

and with this the last wave had no performance issues on my end.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 29 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostForge, on 29 August 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

ever going to 'finalize' that beta into an update so us poor 3dr purchasers can get a taste?

Being worked on, there is a nasty save bug that has been holding it back.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It looks like the save bug may have been fixed. Any chance of a new update on the 3DR store?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I noticed something when I replayed the latest beta of the preview campaign yesterday: was the SMG's spread always this bad? It feels like Redneck Rampage levels of bullshit now.

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

The spread hasn't changed since release. If you don't hold the key there is little to no spread, and if you do there is but in a stable direction that you can compensate for.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMblackwell, on 04 October 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

The spread hasn't changed since release. If you don't hold the key there is little to no spread, and if you do there is but in a stable direction that you can compensate for.

Yes, I noticed that, you basically see where you're shooting because of the projectiles too so at least it's manageable. What I'm really curious about is how this will work in dual wield because guess if the spread stays the same it won't. The main problem with the SMG in the preview campaign is that it's just useless compared to the other weapons (the pistol does good damage and stays accurate at a distance, the shotgun can one shot most things with a well-placed shot + it work even from medium range) and I hope dual wielding will help that.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The SMG's operation will be somewhat different in the full version, actually. Most of the player response was similar to your feelings and I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't working out. I think you guys will like the new version a lot better.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Is there any releasedate for the full version?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTekedon, on 06 October 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Is there any releasedate for the full version?

Early 2019, apart from that there is no exact date.

User is offline   Romulus 

When it's done™

This post has been edited by Romulus: 06 October 2018 - 09:51 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostRomulus, on 06 October 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

When it's doneā„¢

Don't worry, if they switch to the Unreal Engine, they should be able to reuse the art assets.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Wouldn't really be a significant development setback either, I'd estimate it'd only cost a month to six weeks to get back on track.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

unrealsuxx

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

No but on a more serious note, we are busy working on the game while trying to maintain a healthy work/work/life balance (as some of us have full time jobs to actually fund this activity).

Nothing has changed since last time,
I still can't look at architecture and try to not to imagine how that would work in build or come up with idiotic effect ideas while taking a shower (or a dump), which ended up in the game of course.
You know the drill.

I did move to saudi arabia a month ago so I do have to cope with awful FPS and lack of mapster polymost support on my current cruddy laptop so there's that.

User is offline   Master O 

View Postoasiz, on 07 October 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

No but on a more serious note, we are busy working on the game while trying to maintain a healthy work/work/life balance (as some of us have full time jobs to actually fund this activity).

Nothing has changed since last time,
I still can't look at architecture and try to not to imagine how that would work in build or come up with idiotic effect ideas while taking a shower (or a dump), which ended up in the game of course.
You know the drill.

I did move to saudi arabia a month ago so I do have to cope with awful FPS and lack of mapster polymost support on my current cruddy laptop so there's that.

There's a potential DLC right there:

Ion Maiden in Saudi Arabia.

You won't be able to see her though, since she has to be covered up. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMaster O, on 07 October 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

You won't be able to see her though, since she has to be covered up. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Ion Maiden may just sell in Saudi Arabia too. :P

User is offline   Master O 

View PostHank, on 07 October 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Posted Image
Ion Maiden may just sell in Saudi Arabia too. :rolleyes:

It's the Middle East. She has to cover her face, too.

This post has been edited by Master O: 07 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMaster O, on 07 October 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's the Middle East. She has to cover her face, too.

Nope. It depends on what region you live in.

Attached File  5 - Iran Police Women.jpg (51.33K)
Number of downloads: 27
Women Police Officers in Iran. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

There's 5% of cleavage there, so no.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options