Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

Here’s a question; will Ion Maiden get its own board? On the Duke4 forums I mean. I assume it will on 3DR’s new forum but I can’t stand the layout over there- and since the devs are community staples over here, it seems fitting.

View Postoasiz, on 24 February 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

Love the art on the header! I can't wait to get my hands on the game!

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postoasiz, on 24 February 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

From the Twitter description:

The spiritual successor to Duke Nukem 3D, Blood and Shadow Warrior is back! From the original creators at 3D Realms. Coming 2018!

Wut? Who? When? Why? :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 24 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

So hyped for Wednesday (well, Thursday for me)! :) :dukecigar: :wub:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 24 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

User is offline   Hawke 

I've been looking forward to seeing more of this. One more waiting for Wednesday.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Some positive impressions from GggManLives over on the 3DR Discord community:

Posted Image

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 24 February 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 25 February 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Small PS1 DOOM Cover

The full image makes even more connections :dukecigar:
Posted Image

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostLunick, on 26 February 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

The full image makes even more connections :dukecigar:

I noticed, I just went with smaller because I didn't want to consume page space. I actually have the game with the above case, but it unfortunately has marker writing on it. :)

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 26 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Rumor has it that Wednesday's announcement will be a copy of the "Vacation with JSJ" promotion. But this will be a trolley ride around San Francisco and McDonalds lunch with TX. Then at night its a big bowl of popcorn and playing duke3d deathmatch on Eduke32 old MP.:dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Mark.: 26 February 2018 - 07:29 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

I heard that they will release a DEMO version of the game. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

No, it's the McDonald's thing.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMblackwell, on 26 February 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

No, it's the McDonald's thing.

hope so.
weed's legal in cali now,
so it's a bowl of 'salad' & an afternoon in the ball pit.

Really looking forward to this.
If there was a pre-order option out there... I'd snag it up in a heartbeat.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I want to be excited for a new cool badass female character, but that costume is just so.......boring.

It doesn't have to be skimpy or anything but I mean Duke has the red & blue outfit with sunglasses and a blonde flat top, Doomguy has the green power armor, Freeman has the orange and grey suit with his glasses, Lo Wang was shirtless with tatoos, Caleb had the cowboy outfit and Serious Sam has the simple white shirt with his symbol, jeans and red sneakers.

A White, grey and navy blue body suit with a spit of red is as generic as they come.

I seriously never thought I'd end up liking the robot armed look more.

I hope her personality makes up for it.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 26 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostxMobilemux, on 26 February 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

I want to be excited for a new cool badass female character, but that costume is just so.......boring.

It doesn't have to be skimpy or anything but I mean Duke has the red & blue outfit with sunglasses and a blonde flat top, Doomguy has the green power armor, Freeman has the orange and grey suit with his glasses, Lo Wang was shirtless with tatoos, Caleb had the cowboy outfit and Serious Sam has the simple white shirt with his symbol, jeans and red sneakers.

A White, grey and navy blue body suit with a spit of red is as generic as they come.

I seriously never thought I'd end up liking the robot armed look more.

I hope her personality makes up for it.

That's a huge issue because you'll be looking at that outfit during your whole playthrough... oh wait. :dukecigar:

All joking aside I agree that Shelly's outfit looks boring but on the other hand there is a nice "Doom girl" vibe to it. It's a uniform / combat armor and that's cool, not every protagonist has to look like an overdesigned action figure.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 26 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

Shelly and the game are supposed to be a spiritual successor to those kinds of games and their heroes so she should have the action figure look.
We hardly ever looked at those guys during the games yet their designs along with their personalities helped them become legendary.

Put this Shelly in a line up with them and she looks way out of place.

If Shelly's personality is all confident and witty in this game then that outfit won't compliment her character at all.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 26 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

User is offline   Mark 

My guess is the actual in-game sprite will look similar but not an exact copy of the above pic. Its probably going to look just fine. Why go negative with your speculation? Wait until after you see the real thing.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I personally appreciate the fact that it seems like this time around she's not going with the millennial one-shaved-side haircut style.

View PostMark., on 26 February 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

My guess is the actual in-game sprite will look similar but not an exact copy of the above pic. Its probably going to look just fine. Why go negative with your speculation? Wait until after you see the real thing.

I'm just judging what has been shown and what I know about Shelly from Interceptor's game and I'm not feeling it.

I've been wanting some cool new female leads for a long time now, ones that don't fall into the "well written", "realistic", "feminist role model" or even just generic solider crap.
Just some cool action ladies in the vain of classic Lara Croft as she's been killed by modern gaming.
Classic Lara wasn't just some Double Ds that walk like everybody says, she was a kick ass female lead who had fun doing what she did, had a fun personality and it was complimented by her outfit and signature weapons, I kept wanting more of her.

Currently I can only count the amount of badass and cool female leads in gaming on one hand if I had an accident that made me loose 4 fingers.

I was hoping Shelly would break the trend, but based on appearances it doesn't seem like I'm gonna be wanting more of Shelly.

I'll wait to see what her personality is like before I make a final judgement, but so far it seems I'll just have to wait for Bayonetta 3 for a kick ass female lead.

(Keep in mind that I'm only talking about the character here, I'm not saying the game will suck or anything, I'm counting on it being awesome.)

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 26 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I'm on board if you can get JSJ to voice her lines

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

View PostForge, on 26 February 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

That design would have been cool, would have at least given her a unique look.

Whoever designed the current outfit could have fitted that design in there:
Posted Image

I'm on board if you can get JSJ to voice her lines

Oh that reminds me:

WILL THE VA GRIND HER TEETH!!!!????

User is offline   Sanek 

Her costume reminds me of the one that Blake Stone was wearing.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostxMobilemux, on 26 February 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

WILL THE VA GRIND HER TEETH!!!!????

Yes.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

What a strange discussion.

User is offline   axl 

View PostTerminX, on 27 February 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I couldn't care less how she looks... as long as we have rock-solid gameplay, great gunplay and level design, I'm in ! :dukecigar:

User is offline   Player Lin 

Because everybody here just can't wait about Shelly's brand new game and get hyped. :dukecigar:

Don't hit me~

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 27 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

User is offline   cybdmn 

Not really. Many game studios put an enormous effort in creating the main character for the game, especially in cases where the look and the attitude has some meaning to the game. Imagine Duke Nukem as an normal boy-next-door with a less rude attitude. Think about why Core Design designed Lara Croft the way they have done.

And from my perspective the change in the design of the bombshell character was the dumbest thing, interceptor have done while creating their game. From a greater than life woman, a female counterpart to Duke Nukem to a generic sci-fi girl with zero personality.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostxMobilemux, on 26 February 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

Whoever designed the current outfit could have fitted that design in there:
Posted Image

I really like this. Makes her really stand out. Yeah, you don't see her anyway, but so what? Duke has a standout eye-catching design. Why can't BS?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Golden HEV suit

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options