• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHulkNukem, on 06 December 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

Is it parts of the full game cut out and reassembled?
That's what Monolith did with the Fear and Condemned demos

We are definitely inspired by those examples.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Sounds like you guys have planned everything out. Is there an approximate release date?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

https://twitter.com/...2147328?lang=en
"At least 6 months. Demo quite a bit sooner."

Something to go with... :lol:

User is offline   Player Lin 

At least it always be 2017, just late Q2 or early Q3? :lol:

I'm get hyped.

• Honored Donor

View PostPlayer Lin, on 07 December 2016 - 05:02 AM, said:

At least it always be 2017, just late Q2 or early Q3? :lol:

I'm get hyped.

Idk there's no upper limit on the date they gave Posted Image

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

When it's Done.

Haha.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image

I hope this isn't the only melee option cause it doesn't look like it's gonna be used much.

Rest of the screenshot looks great though.

User is offline   MetHy 

Why post the low res version?

Posted Image

That vent on the right looks very much like Shadow Warrior's
From this angle I had a hard time realizing the TVs were on a desk. Looked the same as the wooden ground texture.

Great textures though, and style. I think the tone of the place would be even better with more plants growing on walls.

I hope we can throw that baton into baddies' heads!
(Then use fists until we get the baton back :lol:)

This post has been edited by MetHy: 10 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostMetHy, on 10 December 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

I hope we can throw that baton into baddies' heads!
(Then use fists until we get the baton back :lol:)

I love this idea!

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMetHy, on 10 December 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

Why post the low res version?
<posts a different low res version>

How about the actual original image lol
Posted Image

Wow, I have to say this looks really nice. I have to ask, will this get a physical release on Xbox One as a standalone or a bundle with Bombshell as some special release? I'm looking to buy an XB1 very soon, but nothing on the market looks really interesting, though I did buy Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour and will get DOOM later on.

User is offline   Kawa 

Yeah science, bitch!

wait hold up EDF?

This post has been edited by Kawa: 10 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostKawa, on 10 December 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

Yeah science, bitch!

wait hold up EDF?

GDF

User is offline   Kawa 

View Postbrullov, on 10 December 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

GDF

Call it what you want. You can't fool me.
Posted Image

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It's not like EDF exist only in Duke.
Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

That's the joke, and it's nothing new. It's in Bombshell as well.

https://cdnb1.artsta...df-troopers.jpg

Funny thing is "EDF-GDF" used to be the name of the national electricity and gas company in France.

View PostAP Dukefan94, on 10 December 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

I'm looking to buy an XB1 very soon, but nothing on the market looks really interesting, though I did buy Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour and will get DOOM later on.

If you want Xboner exclusives that much, it would be cheaper for you to get Windows 10 instead. I think the only game Windows Store don't have is Halo 5 which is absolute trash anyway. And I think Xboner has paid online as well.

Anyway, would be nice to have physical copies indeed. Perhaps not just physical but some kind of collector's editions. However, it doesn't seems like Interceptor has money for it.

User is offline   Kawa 

View PostSledgehammer, on 10 December 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

It's not like EDF exist only in Duke.
Posted Image

To be fair, the logo on the poster looks a lot more like the one in Duke3D than this does.

Yeah, but still it has some Duke vibe.

User is offline   Kawa 

That must be the EDF name then, or else the United Federation of Planets would get a pass too.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Since the GDF in Bombshell universe was based the EDF of Duke Nukem universe so who would surprised?

Hell, you can say the universe of Bombshell is totally Duke-based with nothing to do with Duke.

:lol:

User is offline   Sanek 

Is there any hype about the game? Besides our forum, obviously.
Is there any articles in gaming magazines? Youtube? Any ads? Is there any indication that release of this game make any sense and will it even recoup it costs?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

https://twitter.com/voidpnt

View PostSledgehammer, on 10 December 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

If you want Xboner exclusives that much, it would be cheaper for you to get Windows 10 instead. I think the only game Windows Store don't have is Halo 5 which is absolute trash anyway.

Rare Replay (the games worth playing are for the most part easily emulateable but theres other bonuses)

And dont forget Master chief collection. 3 of the best shooters ever imho (plus 4 i guess if you like bad games), even if the multiplayer is buggy, plus odst as dlc

But yeah no actual NEW exclusives

This post has been edited by Captain Kupo: 13 December 2016 - 06:04 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostSanek, on 13 December 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

Is there any hype about the game? Besides our forum, obviously.
Is there any articles in gaming magazines? Youtube? Any ads? Is there any indication that release of this game make any sense and will it even recoup it costs?

You usually announce the name of a game before starting any of that.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Is there any indication that release of this game make any sense and will it even recoup it costs?

Frankly I find it very disappointing, if not worrying, that even players themselves these days have started to think about games in terms of profit. Video games are art, and the aesthetic, intellectual and emotional experience of both the artists (the developers) and the audience (the players) isn't something that can or should be measured with stuff like revenue to investment ratio etc.

It is my understanding that the team behind this particular game have spent a great deal of their time over the past years (if not decades) learning and honing their skills in programming, Build engine mapping, sprite and texture art etc., and now these skills are being focussed into a single work that might very well take Build engine games to a new level (and I quite hope it will!). It just feels wrong to me to think or talk about this in terms of commercial success, it's as if such point of view takes away the real value of the project.

That said, this Bombshell game being commercial of course profit matters, but it should be a reward for the developers for their job well done — a bonus, even, with the main reward being satisfaction they will have from doing the job well (or perhaps exceeding their own expectations), — and not the main value of the resulting game. At least, this is how I feel about it.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I worry about a game making enough money to support the devs, ensure they don't close down as a company, and create a sequel.
Too many studios, both AAA and indie, have shutdown because of one failure, or sequels are never made because the last one to come out didn't do as well as it was projected to. I was scared Doom 2016 would come out and flounder, causing id Software to shutdown because it seemed like they were on life support; luckily Doom's singleplayer is talked about so much in positive light that I am positive about their future now.
For this game though, I do hope the game does well to warrant another game similar to it. Worst case scenario, Interceptor shuts down and this game also flops, but I still hope there is a chance of another build game being made by the community here after the fact.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 13 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMrFlibble, on 13 December 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

that might very well take Build engine games to a new level (and I quite hope it will!). It just feels wrong to me to think or talk about this in terms of commercial success, it's as if such point of view takes away the real value of the project.

Honestly, I think this game has the potential for repercussions. I'm thinking Megaman 9 here, its quality and success led to the widening of an entire market of retro games. Some devs were already making retro games before MM9, but it's only afterwards that it became huge.
I'm dreaming of similar repercussions on retro FPS and Build engine games. If it does well enough, this could lead to retro FPS games done right, or to other Build engines games getting a sourceport. I'm dreaming of a World Tour treatment for Blood, as the commercial success of a new Build game could be the one thing unblocking whatever situation Blood is in at the moment.

Anyway - this game isn't the next Zelda or Metal Gear Solid. It doesn't need (it shouldn't have) world wide press announcements a year before release. I don't think there is any reason to worry about publicity yet.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 13 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostCaptain Kupo, on 13 December 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

Rare Replay (the games worth playing are for the most part easily emulateable but theres other bonuses)

And dont forget Master chief collection. 3 of the best shooters ever imho (plus 4 i guess if you like bad games), even if the multiplayer is buggy, plus odst as dlc

But yeah no actual NEW exclusives

Spoiler

• Honored Donor

will it even recoup it costs?

What costs? This is probably one of the cheapest FPS games ever. The engine already exists, is highly polished, and more or less "owned" by Voidpoint so they don't have to fork out for one or write one from scratch. The people involved are incredibly talented, experienced with the tools, concepts and methodologies involved, which means they can produce quality content at a lightening pace. This last point is important as wages are likely the biggest investment here, so minimizing time involved goes a long way to minimize overhead.

Combine this with the fact that there simply isn't any other retro FPS game out there that even approaches good level design, making this game stand out among everything else.

Now it'd be great if this game wasn't just a retro FPS in that you start a level, kill the bad guys, get to the end, and repeat. If it has plenty of "no way!" moments, like how in Shadow Warrior you activate a drill which actually punches through the ground, or you switch on a power generator and suddenly this machine starts spinning, lights flicker on, and in a completely different part of the map which was dark with red lighting is now lit up to look completely different. That kind of stuff that you don't expect. So I'm hoping that when TX says the game will have plenty of interactivity, that he's referring to this kind of practical interactivity, as opposed to the trivial kind like pressing use on a pinball machine opens up a secret and makes the character say a one-liner.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options