Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I believe this depends on the computing power of the host system. I'm not using the Duke3D voxel pack because in user maps where you have for example many palm-trees in an open area the frame rate suffers rather notably for me. (I think my system uses the integrated Intel video chip by default for EDuke32 though, but I haven't tried with the GPU)

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostMrFlibble, on 24 October 2020 - 07:47 AM, said:

(I think my system uses the integrated Intel video chip by default for EDuke32 though, but I haven't tried with the GPU)

Voxels do affect performance. However I have not noticed a substantial hit, even in user maps. What does seem to affect it in my case is the amount of enemies in a map. Have you tried pointing windows to use your high performance gpu with eduke32?

You can do this in Windows 10 by going to Settings--->Display--->Graphics Settings

Thanks, I'm aware of how to do that (in my case that'd be through the NVIDIA control panel).

I keep forgetting to ask: what is this computer loading in Corporate Chaos?
Attached File  capt0028.png (217.37K)
Number of downloads: 93
A first I thought this was the ROTT loading screen, and the blood splatters (once you activate the PC) would refer to ludicrous gibs, but upon a closer look this seems like a Doom engine game, except I don't remember which (if any) has the blue header?

That mouse looks like prime voxel material.

He's going to voxel every thing he can, menu sprites watch out!

User is offline   Hank 

For those that might be interested – a bridge between Ion Fury and ReShade.

https://www.indiedb....n-night-reshade
Enhance your Ion Fury experience with this Reshade preset, darkening the nights and brightening the lights, extracting more grit from the game's art style.

cool

Been playing the game on an old T420 Thinkpad (running Ubuntu). Runs ok considering it's weak 2g dual core, runs even better with Open GL turned off.

There was recently an interview made to the Ion Fury team on Indie Retro News.

Pretty interesting stuff IMO.

Repost from the Discord and honestly all the credit goes to Cola Powered Gamer for actually doing the interview.

User is offline   Lunick 

It was posted in the Aftershock thread since it contained new screenshots of the DLC :)

User is offline   keiron 

Ion Fury AFTERSHOCK Big Box Trailer

User is offline   Outtagum 

Finished a Maximum Fury playthrough and got all the cheevies.

Anxious for Aftershock.

Anxious for Aftershock.

Me too buddy, me too. Although to be honest I waited almost 10 years for Nintendo to pull their head out of their asses and do another Metroid game that was worth a damn and that it pushed the story forward in a meaningful way.

So I guess I can wait a year or two for Aftershock.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 01 October 2021 - 06:00 PM

Kinda wonder if the 2.0 update or whatever is going to mess with any mods or maps. If any of mine brake, go ahead and bitch at me lol.

User is offline   Lunick 

If 2.0 didn't then the DLC probably will

View PostLunick, on 08 October 2021 - 06:19 PM, said:

If 2.0 didn't then the DLC probably will

Have some other stuff I'm working on, so if every thing just worked that would be great. if a lot of it would be quick fix it wouldn't be too much of a pain.

I hope there'll be a downloadable patch from 1.1 to 2.0 soon.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I’ve been playing IF 2.0 lately for the first time in a long time (with the voxel mod) and it’s amazing how polished the whole thing is, and with so many great small details. I can’t wait to buy 2 copies of the DLC expansion to support voidpoint!

Some minor issues I’be noticed while playing:
1. You’re able to grab ladders though blocking walls by pressing use on them, allowing you to move through the blocking wall.
2. You can’t lock onto enemies with the pistol if they haven’t noticed you and become active.
3. Sometimes when you use the top of ladders to grab onto them, you don’t latch on properly and you fall and take damage.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 22 October 2021 - 06:46 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Thanks, hope you have a good time!

1) examples on this would be nice. As you might guess, this is the usual engine jank that requires mapping workarounds
2) I think this a 2.0 regression
3) Known jank.. I wonder if it is better or worse with i.e. 1.1

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I almost don't dare to ask, but: Has 2.0 reached the 3DR store release in the meantime? Didn't have the guts to check so far.

If not, I might have to bother one of you guys for the update again. IIRC last time TerminX hooked me up with it.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 24 October 2021 - 01:27 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNightFright, on 24 October 2021 - 01:25 PM, said:

I almost don't dare to ask, but: Has 2.0 reached the 3DR store release in the meantime? Didn't have the guts to check so far.

If not, I might have to bother one of you guys for the update again. IIRC last time TerminX hooked me up with it.

Yes, it's on their website! I downloaded zip file fury_2.0.00 and it works. :)
Just in case: The link is mostly hidden below the previous version. ;)

This post has been edited by Hank: 24 October 2021 - 02:23 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postoasiz, on 24 October 2021 - 04:37 AM, said:

Thanks, hope you have a good time!

1) examples on this would be nice. As you might guess, this is the usual engine jank that requires mapping workarounds
2) I think this a 2.0 regression
3) Known jank.. I wonder if it is better or worse with i.e. 1.1

The place where I noticed this was in Cultural Divide, IIRC shortly before you use the fan to throw you across the chasm.

Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

We really need to turn this in to a feature somewhere...

View PostMicky C, on 22 October 2021 - 06:34 PM, said:

You’re able to grab ladders though blocking walls by pressing use on them, allowing you to move through the blocking wall.

View Postoasiz, on 25 October 2021 - 12:09 AM, said:

We really need to turn this in to a feature somewhere...

A reference to this maybe?

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 25 October 2021 - 12:26 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The "use" function is the most janky part of CON hands down.

https://store.steamp...689629911497250

Lol I'm super excited after that update.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hate to bump this when the lack of any recent Steam announcement makes it kinda obvious there's still nothing new to tell, but the anticipation is simply killing me, so...

Any news about progress on Aftershock? How are things coming along in general and may we get a new preview material in a not-too-distant future?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 September 2022 - 01:13 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Lack of presence at RD2022 too.
Things are coming along as usual, actually things have been more active than they have in for some time now.

Recent tweets are the best you'll get for now: https://twitter.com/voidpnt
Few snippets that were recorded as B-roll for a potential RD trailer but it didn't materialize in the end.

There also was a build we quickly cobbled together for gamescom but it wasn't that much different than a hastily modified preview content combined with the latest codebase + few "kiosk mode" changes such as an attract screen loop.
This won't really be released, but we will re-use the new teaser screen for aftershock.

While there is a lot to do, we've finally started to do proper polish phases on some areas.
We're finally working on the more fun stuff.

Someone made a full track based on the mall music, pretty nice IMO:

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options