Duke4.net Forums: Gearbox searches developer to help with new Duke Nukem game - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gearbox searches developer to help with new Duke Nukem game

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostxStayMetalx, on 25 December 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Well this article was published in 2015 so there very well could be a new Duke game in development as we speak

And so was my comment

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Gixel Randy Pitchford Interview:

Gearbox has several new projects in development with Take-Two/2K. We know one is Borderlands 3. Another is Gearbox Quebec's game. Randy says this will be announced in 2017, and is a re-imagining of one of their existing IPs. This is implied as a separate game from Borderlands 3. Given Gearbox's job postings list their IPs as Borderlands, Battleborn, and Brothers In Arms, I'll say it's Brothers In Arms but you never know - Duke in 2017? :P

Also, he says he can't really comment on Battleborn's financial performance, because Take-Two is a publicly traded company and has to be the one to make those announcements from a legal perspective, but he assures Glixel that the game didn't cause Gearbox any financial issues. That's not to say it made money, mind, but the sentiment is that it wasn't a complete disaster.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 26 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 26 January 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Also, he says he can't really comment on Battleborn's financial performance, because Take-Two is a publicly traded company and has to be the one to make those announcements from a legal perspective, but he assures Glixel that the game didn't cause Gearbox any financial issues. That's not to say it made money, mind, but the sentiment is that it wasn't a complete disaster.

Either that, or Take-Two is the one that had the major financial issues :P

Its good to here that Gearbox is doing well and moving forward with things. I'm really curious to know what the Gearbox Studio Quebec game will be. Randy said its a reimaging of an already established IP with an interesting plot it seems. I'm thinking its one of these franchises they own:
1)Brothers in Arms
2)Home World
3)Duke Nukem
I'm going to predict its going to be Duke, since I believe Randy stated concept art had been produced and some development started though not publicly shown, I haven't found anything about the other two IPs future developments. So maybe it'll be Duke Begins or something entirely new, can't wait to see it. Either way, the Duke franchise could use a new entry.

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 30 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

User is offline   HMNuke93 

View PostAP Dukefan94, on 30 January 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Its good to here that Gearbox is doing well and moving forward with things. I'm really curious to know what the Gearbox Studio Quebec game will be. Randy said its a reimaging of an already established IP with an interesting plot it seems. I'm thinking its one of these franchises they own:
1)Brothers in Arms
2)Home World
3)Duke Nukem
I'm going to predict its going to be Duke, since I believe Randy stated concept art had been produced and some development started though not publicly shown, I haven't found anything about the other two IPs future developments. So maybe it'll be Duke Begins or something entirely new, can't wait to see it. Either way, the Duke franchise could use a new entry.

Unfortunately the Brother In Arms game was in development wayyyy before DNF's release :P

View PostHMNuke93, on 31 January 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Unfortunately the Brother In Arms game was in development wayyyy before DNF's release :P

Brothers in Arms was my second guess, I mean fans of that franchise have been waiting a long time for a new game as us Duke fans have been waiting for one too. Though Duke has been getting more attention lately than BIA.2017 seems to be a good year for Gearbox's two studios and publishing division.

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 31 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

Brothers in Arms got a new game in the mobile form. It's awful by the way.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options