Duke4.net Forums: Back - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Back  "Im back working on WGR2"

#31

View PostNinety-Six, on 28 January 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

The way Jedrik and his weapon spawns work I have no idea how that would play out, but I almost certainly have no idea what I'm talking about, here.


I believe his weapons' sprites' spawns are just replacements of Duke's own sprite spawns, there are recurring patterns when you know the levels on both ends. Example : EVERY time there is a Flamethrower for Duke, there is a Red Armor for Jedrik.
Example : EVERY time there is Rocket Launcher ammo for Duke, there are Bomb Arrows for Jedrick.
0

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

#32

View PostWilliam Gee, on 28 January 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

I don't know. That is up to the coding experts. :D


Fair enough.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 29 January 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

I believe his weapons' sprites' spawns are just replacements of Duke's own sprite spawns, there are recurring patterns when you know the levels on both ends. Example : EVERY time there is a Flamethrower for Duke, there is a Red Armor for Jedrik.
Example : EVERY time there is Rocket Launcher ammo for Duke, there are Bomb Arrows for Jedrick.


That's kinda what I mean though. With that as it is, how would the switchups work? Supply them both indepdently? What's the encouragement to play with them both then?
0

User is offline   Spitfire '15 

  • Zionist Shill

#33

Nice to know a serious update is coming to this TC. Can't wait to play it. :dukeaffirmative:

I also still like the idea of converting WGSpace to WGRealms, if that's still being considered.

This post has been edited by Radar: 07 February 2019 - 08:43 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

#34

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/Freeatlast_albumcover.jpg
0

User is offline   Spitfire '15 

  • Zionist Shill

#35

Seriously, 4 years.
0

#36

View PostRadar, on 08 February 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

Seriously, 4 years.


I'm guessing everybody here knows what it is to wait for a project that hypes you up =)
On my end it's my first time. FIVE years for AMC and it's still not here T_T For Siege Breaker I just lost count, must be like 8 years for me >_>

0

#37

I think Its been around 8 years since v1.2

This is the first time since then that I have seriously worked on WGR2 again. It terms of mapping I'm starting from where I left 8 years ago.
1

User is offline   Jblade 

#38

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 08 February 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

I'm guessing everybody here knows what it is to wait for a project that hypes you up =)
On my end it's my first time. FIVE years for AMC and it's still not here T_T For Siege Breaker I just lost count, must be like 8 years for me >_>

I think your counting needs improving because it's not even been 4 years since ep2 was released.
1

#39

View PostJblade, on 09 February 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

I think your counting needs improving because it's not even been 4 years since ep2 was released.


Mea Culpa, I've counted too quickly, it will ALMOST be 4 years ^^
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options