Duke4.net Forums: Dukerez - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dukerez  "HELP"

I want to add a photo from google of Duke Nukem but when i add it into the duke grp it says windows is closing down Dukerez or ill get bitmaps 256 colors.
If anyone can help me that would be great!

User is offline   Evil Ash 

Might need a bit more info, but I can speak from a bit of experience.

Are you doing a File > Import or use Copy/Paste?
It actually works better to open the image in your image editing program, apply the palette, and then copy/paste it into DukeRes.
Or try saving the image as PNG, not BMP, and importing that via the Import function.

I've had DukeRes crash on me a bit too in Windows 7 x64 when trying to import images.
Copy/pasting the images seems to be more stable.

Hope that helps.

I have gimp so i open the picture i want of duke and use a palette to the picture save it as an PNG then copy/paste it into DukeRes? Yes i been having trouble with Dukerez on windows 8.

Thank you for responding!

User is offline   Evil Ash 

You can save it as 8bit PNG and then import.

Or from GIMP, right click on the image and select COPY.
Then in DukeRes, right click on the tile in the ART file you want to replace and select PASTE.

I think copying the image file itself and pasting into DukeRes works as well.

But yes, essentially that.

Thank you so much!

If any one is looking i still dont quite get it here is a video can some one tell me what i am doing wrong?

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

View Postduke a number1, on 10 June 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

If any one is looking i still dont quite get it here is a video can some one tell me what i am doing wrong?

How about trying to use the grp instead of art at 2:15 in your video ? Use the duke res to open grp use that to open .art files then import

This post has been edited by Max Payne: 11 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

That is the problem Dukerez cant open the GRP file yet does not have that stuff yet it only has ART files to open

Nvm i got it guys thank you so much for all the help i owe you guys!

good luck, so how did it end up working for you ?

I can make a vid on how to do it if you want and put it on here its really easy but ill show you what i am having trouble with! ill make a vid today ok? on what to do and how to do it it works for wall tiles and such but cant seem to make it into a sprite

Here everyone I found this great guide on how to use Dukerez the problem i am having is i know how to put textures in the game and such but when i make it into a sprite i cant see it in the game if anyone knows how to do that feel free to enlighten me! http://steamcommunit...6&insideModal=1

I don't get how you are having trouble its kind of easy and following a steam guide is a bad idea. Most the time its an idiot trying to help you. Especially on megaton forum (lunick for example).

And most ppl here could help but there to special to do so.
Maybe now since i said that one will try and prove how there not self centered. but atleast you could get an answer

if you replace another sprite with the sprite you want the coding will make it work. Its scripted to make that tile number work so replace a useless sprite other then that you may have to write up coding for new sprites but i have never done that so not 100%

This post has been edited by Max Payne: 12 June 2015 - 10:09 AM

Here if any one wants to know i know how to use dukerez now but when i want to make a sprite it shows it in mappsters but not in game here ill send a vid skip to the end
!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options