Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] FM3X / Anarchy Village Episode by Fernando Márquez - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] FM3X / Anarchy Village Episode by Fernando Márquez

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Just in case you've missed it ...
CGS release thread with download links
Megaton workshop single level releases
Fernando's OneDrive folder
(Repackaged for EDuke32 user's convenience)

This post has been edited by LeoD: 30 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

On CGS,

MSandt said:

The new EDuke32 version also super annoyingly prevents you from cheating the old fashioned way; you now have to go to a specific menu to input the code.

I think this is/was unintended. I came across this once when playing AMC TC, but attributed it to AMC overriding cheats back then. (AFAIK it doesn't do that, though.) Now, entering cheats the old-fashioned way works for me, both in vanilla and AMC TC.

User is offline   sergey808a 

It's very interesting episodes, reminiscent of the original. Even low detailing maps does not reduce the interest. Maps in a classic style, rather intricate and thoughtful. Thanks for Fernando Márquez.

This post has been edited by sergey808a: 08 June 2015 - 02:54 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Holy crap! This guy is still alive? That means I might have to update his pack included with my addon compilation at long last. Gotta check it out! ^^

User is offline   MetHy 

I don't understand, should I use the grp within "FM3XATOM", "FM3XPLUT" or within "FM3XREG" ? What's the difference? I guess I'll just go with ATOM since I have Atomic.

Also I'm all for the "keep it classic" thing myself, but it this day and age it would have been cool to have an EDuke32 compatible version right of. Having 5 different ways to run the game in DOS but none in EDuke32 feels kinda like overdoing it honestly. Well, I didn't have to do much, just make my own autload folder, rename the con files themselves as well as their names inside the game.com (in "include xxx.con" at the start), but not everyone would know how to do that.

Enough bitching about the installation, I'm playing the first map of the new episode (I know all the other episodes) and I'm enjoying it so far.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 12 June 2015 - 03:51 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

I'm at Boiler Cliff and I'm enjoying the episode so far, but man there is one thing that keeps pissing me off from times to times.

After all this time and the tons of maps you've made you're still designing "fuck you"s to the player, such as explosions in your face, dmg that can't be avoided from falls and other kind of traps.
It just keeps happening here and there and it ruins the fun every time. In Boiler Cliff I just went down a stream of hot lava, in which I had to go quickly because of the lack of boots, only to arrive to a "safe" ground at the end of the stream and die because it turned out to be a trimpbomb+explosion trap... My last save was at least 5 mins earlier, before the BLord fight, so now I only feel like doing something else, which is a shame because I was enjoying it so far.

I have patience when it comes to finding my way around a map, or solving a puzzle, or dying in a fight, but I have no patience for deadly traps. I don't understand why people insist in taking the fun out of their own maps when making these.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 13 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

• The Truth is in here

View PostMetHy, on 12 June 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

[...] Also I'm all for the "keep it classic" thing myself, but it this day and age it would have been cool to have an EDuke32 compatible version right of. Having 5 different ways to run the game in DOS but none in EDuke32 feels kinda like overdoing it honestly. Well, I didn't have to do much, just make my own autload folder, rename the con files themselves as well as their names inside the game.com (in "include xxx.con" at the start), but not everyone would know how to do that. [...]

Well, I will update FM2X in my addon pack with this one, and I'll see to it that it will work flawlessly with EDuke32 then, you got my word on it. Seems that Fernando took care of most of the issues I had fixed by myself in his maps back then, so I guess I won't have to mess with them any more.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

I'm sorry but where is the 2nd keycard in Boiler Cliff? I've been through the hot stream of lava only to be brought back to an earlier point of the map. I've been around the map 4 or 5 times already and I couldn't find any keycard, I'm finding secret places more easily.

• The Truth is in here

Seems an update was released on June 16. Looks like maps where you are forced to lose health (e.g. high drops) have some health nearby now and "Boiler Cliff" design has been improved so it's easier to figure out what to do.

On a side note, does anybody know why the Dukematch episode is actually commented out in fm3xuser.con? It was promoted as a main feature of the new release, but apparently it's not directly accessible (I know it's not supposed to be played in SP, but with even the level names and music defs commented out, those levels won't be properly labelled if run from the user maps menu).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 June 2015 - 06:42 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I've been waiting until all 3 episodes were finished to start playing these. NightFright, as soon as you release an EDuke32 version of this episode, I'm going to begin playing them. :)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

There seems to be some kind of demand for an FM3X version which is easier to handle than Fernando's packages. I haven't played it myself yet, but since I usually do this kind of repackaging for my own purposes anyway, here you go.
I have 'ungrouped' the 'Atomic' version of FM3X into a zip file, and enabled/moved the "Dukematch Bonus" episode over the empty "The Uprising" episode for easier access and better DukePlus compatibility.
To play, simply drop this pack into your autoload folder, or start EDuke32 using the "-g FM3X_eduke32.zip" command line parameter.
Download from the Other Stuff section of Post #1 in "my" thread.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 15 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

• The Truth is in here

I have already made these changes for the upcoming addon compilation patch, besides that, Fernando gave his blessing to do this modification. :)

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Gave this a play yesterday and well it was good but i say nothing spectacular here. but the only thing that is spectacular is how clean cut everything is including the shade lines. someone has some ocd symptoms :) joking. all in all was really fun and i know this guy on steam nice person he is. pretty awesome episode dude

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostHelixhorned, on 07 June 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

Now, entering cheats the old-fashioned way works for me, both in vanilla and AMC TC.

About this again (sorry for hijacking this thread).

I noticed that the "are we currently typing a cheat" status is not reset as early as possible under certain circumstances. Example:

- Type "DN".
- Move around a bit:
-- forward, back, strafe left/right: succeeds (for me, they're bound to right mouse button, KP., KP4/KP8, respectively.)
-- jump (for me: KP5): fails [at this point we can conjecture that EDuke32 is expected to see a cheat!]
- Type "KROZ": god mode is enbabled!

Duke3D appears to reset the status on moving using keys. I consider this a bug, but it happens even with r4000, and I didn't go further back.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options