• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Black Mesa Steam Release

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Can't wait!

User is offline   HulkNukem 

For a second I thought the shots Loke posted were the new ones and I though "Uhhh, these look really bad, it took this long for THIS?" then realized the folly of my ways

I hope they don't ever shows screenshots of what it looks like and just release it, with a launch day trailer that can easily be ignored to go in unspoiled. Those Hammer topviews are enough for me to get excited again.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Apparently, the latest update includes some very rough level geometry from Xen. I guess you can kinda get a small sense of the layout and scale.

Watch at your own risk!

https://www.youtube....h?v=PgEPkUpyJ2E

• The Sarien Encounter

I can't decide if I want to spoil it or not...

User is offline   LkMax 

Half-Life one confirmed.
I only played the free mod months (years?) ago, and didn't like it. But I'm curious to see how they recreated Xen on a newer engine. Many people complain about it but that was probably my favorite area mainly because it was pretty cool exploring such a strange alien world back then (and I don't mind first person platforming at all, I actually like it).

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 01 November 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

I can't decide if I want to spoil it or not...

There isn't much spoiling, tbh. Completely void of any textures, meshes, creatures or enemies. And still only a tiny slice of the full area. Must've been taken from an ancient build.

It's your call!

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostLkMax, on 01 November 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

Half-Life one confirmed.
I only played the free mod months (years?) ago, and didn't like it. But I'm curious to see how they recreated Xen on a newer engine. Many people complain about it but that was probably my favorite area mainly because it was pretty cool exploring such a strange alien world back then (and I don't mind first person platforming at all, I actually like it).

The Steam version is miles better than the mod version. The enemies no longer have laser aim, and they really upped the visual fidelity.

User is offline   LkMax 

Really? Well, then at least one of my major complaints was fixed.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostLkMax, on 02 November 2016 - 03:20 AM, said:

Really? Well, then at least one of my major complaints was fixed.

But they're still so deadly if you're not careful for sure. ;)

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

Oh yeah, definitely, but at least you can go out into the open without being mowed down in split seconds.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I'm not sure if my feel is wrong/play skill just not enough or the Hard difficulty was meant "very hard"... All alien enemies can kill my Gordon about 2-3 hits if his suit power depleted...I barely completed my whole Hard run, except the final battle, have to use god mode to went through that one to finish the game after endless of murdered and retry... the assassins also give me heavy headache, invisible, moving fast and deadly rapid attacks...made me just use RPG(thank god I have full-load of it when I were on there) to blow them up, even retry some of times due I just blow my Gordon up when too close with them.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 04 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm just so happy that they finished Surface Tension. Just need to get the On A Rail addon expansion but I'll do that when Xen comes out and replay the whole thing.

OAR full is worth getting now! But if you have the Loop mod installed, you got to uninstall that first I think or it wont work right.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostBlue Lightning, on 05 November 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

OAR full is worth getting now!

Now?

"NOTE: This mod is currently broken/incompatible with the latest build of Black Mesa. I will be updating it soon to resolve this, and hopefully address some other issues. Sit tight! "

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah it's been that way for months.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

http://steamcommunit...996938553914066

Posted Image

I didn't realize they were gonna go for such high fidelity

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 21 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Looks like good old Half-Life may get its only design flaw fixed at long last.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Scale and detail are nice, but it looks they're going for the high contrast blue/teal vs yellow/orange colour scheme that's been plaguing film and television for the last 15+ years.
I hope this isn't representative of the whole of Xen and that the more natural browns and greens will be making a reappearance.

Didn't see any of this in the "mini-Xen" in Questionable Ethics, BTW:

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

That cave looks similar to the ones found in Dear Esther.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

I like it! I like how they're making it look like humans have actually been there beyond ammo and dead bodies with construction and such.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 December 2016 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   Bloodshot 

View PostX-Vector, on 22 December 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

Scale and detail are nice, but it looks they're going for the high contrast blue/teal vs yellow/orange colour scheme that's been plaguing film and television for the last 15+ years.
I hope this isn't representative of the whole of Xen and that the more natural browns and greens will be making a reappearance.

They already said xen goes through a lot of thematic changes and this is just one of them. I'm sure they have more traditional looking areas mixed in with new ones for variety

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, as eerie and otherworldly as the orignal Xen colour scheme looked, it was mostly the same the whole way through. I welcome some variety.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 22 December 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

Yeah, as eerie and otherworldly as the orignal Xen colour scheme looked, it was mostly the same the whole way through. I welcome some variety.

Not less than Black Mesa looked more or less the same the whole way through the game.
I don't like it, looks like any ordinary cave on Earth instead of the weird alternate dimension that was in the original game. They could've used OpForce and Blue Shift Xen as extra inspiration (also had human stuff installed on the expansions, at least Blue Shift I remeber it had).

This post has been edited by LkMax: 23 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

It's only one shot, though. There's so much we haven't seen. At the same time however, they probably should have shown something a little more recognizable for their first reveal.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

It's in the Steam sale.

• The Sarien Encounter

The Black Mesa team have announced that Xen will be delayed until further notice. They plan to release an engine update in December. Here's some new concept images of Interloper, though. More info + more screenshots of engine upgrades with lighting etc...

DANG. I really want to play this but it keeps getting delayed...

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 24 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

User is offline   axl 

Damn I was hoping to play the full release in december...

Screenshots look great though...

Luckily, we Duke fans have experience in waiting :D

User is offline   X-Vector 

The new ones aren't screenshots.

Don't know what to think of these images really.
They look more promising than the alarmingly clinical "all blue with a tinge of orange" shots we've seen before, but it remains to be seen how this concept art will translate to in-game graphics.

• The Sarien Encounter

No, but if you click the link there are screenshots of the new dynamic lighting effects and such.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options