Duke4.net Forums: Yang is NOT dead (updated) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yang is NOT dead (updated)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Just finished school today and was ready to play a round of long awaited Dukematches when I discovered that Yang won't connect to any servers and the website is offline. I was able to find some ex-Yangers on the other clients and they confirmed its demise. No one's played a game there in weeks.

Well, I guess that's it then. RIP Yang. It was fun while it lasted. All we have left now are Meltdown and Duke Matcher, which both violate the GPL and promote illegal acquisition of the game files on their website. Oh, but I guess there's Megaton too...

Maybe you didn't care. Oh well.

This post has been edited by Princess Twilight Sparkle: 22 April 2015 - 06:16 PM

I wish those ports didn't need port forwarding people would properly play them more properly see alot more coop of old eduke32 in action, Also it sad that yang died

This post has been edited by Turok 64 Jr: 22 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The eduke devs keep saying the multiplayer will become a priority after HTTK is released so hopefully they stand by that.

I'm sorry man what is HTTK I never heard of it, I haven't reading on duke4 lately much been doing alot of let's play of duke nukem 3d mods and stuff

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Duke Nukem Hail To The King Edition, an official port of eduke32 to Android (and possibly iOS), which includes all the expansion packs, plus ports of Duke 64 and Total Meltdown (the latter of which hasn't been ported to anything yet, at least not in a released state). It should generate some income for the eduke dev team, which would both reward them for their hard work over the years, and also help motivate (and maybe even fund) future eduke development.

Oh that thing well kind of stinks I won't be able to get it but oh well, I just hope that EDuke32 online is better then megaton

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostTurok 64 Jr, on 22 April 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

I wish those ports didn't need port forwarding people would properly play them more properly see alot more coop of old eduke32 in action, Also it sad that yang died

I think even EDuke32's netcode would require port forwarding to host a server.

View PostMicky C, on 22 April 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Duke 64 and Total Meltdown

Are they being ported to Android from the PS1 and N64 source, or were the game files converted to EDuke32?

This post has been edited by Princess Twilight Sparkle: 23 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostPrincess Twilight Sparkle, on 23 April 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Are they being ported to Android from the PS1 and N64 source, or were the game files converted to EDuke32?

Eduke32.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPrincess Twilight Sparkle, on 23 April 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

We did not have access to the original source materials of the ports, but after careful reverse engineering, our port will be no less legitimate than the much-loved Sonic 1, 2, and CD remakes on mobile platforms.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

***UPDATE 2019***

I was looking through old posts and I found this thread again. Just wanted to say in case anyone cared, that Yang went back online 1 or 2 years ago. The website and server are back up with literally no changes to the site, not even a status update in recognition of the hiatus. Yang is currently able to serve games but is not being maintained, not that it needs maintainence because it is a very stable and simple client. No piracy, no admin rights required, no GPL violation. Yang is the place to play. Yang-online.com

This post has been edited by Radar: 20 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   Axter 

View PostRadar, on 20 May 2019 - 05:43 AM, said:

***UPDATE 2019***

I was looking through old posts and I found this thread again. Just wanted to say in case anyone cared, that Yang went back online 1 or 2 years ago. The website and server are back up with literally no changes to the site, not even a status update in recognition of the hiatus. Yang is currently able to serve games but is not being maintained, not that it needs maintainence because it is a very stable and simple client. No piracy, no admin rights required, no GPL violation. Yang is the place to play. Yang-online.com

If it was up, it's now down again.

Does anyone have the source code for yang, or does anyone have an email for the Author(s)?

I would like to be able to give it the ability to run zipped maps, since Eduke32 can run maps in zip format.
There are some other fixes I would like to be able to make.

The About dialog window just has NY00123 as the author, and Turrican as the maintainer.

User is offline   NY00123 

Hi all, author of YANG here.

You can find my most recent forum post in the YANG thread here: https://forums.duke4...post__p__373557

You'll basically want to go to the downloads page at nukemnet.com if you want to use a modification of YANG, hYANG (hex-edited by Hunter). Replica stopped hosting for YANG, and aaBlueDragon offered to host the YANG service instead.

I currently think it's better to let other options be available as alternatives, with YANG not receiving development. I gave StrikerTheHedgefox a chance to inspect the code base in the past, and we both felt that it was far from "easy" to extend the code base.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options