Duke4.net Forums: Looking for a car w/ superior gas mileage. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a car w/ superior gas mileage.  "In the future."

User is offline   Mark 

POC... The Chevy version of your dream car. The 88 Caprice. My dad had one for about 10 years. The wagon looks almost the same as the one in your pic. Its also a highly sought after car around here for modding it to "ghetto cruiser".

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: chevrolet-caprice-5.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 09 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Yeah I love Caprices too, but the Mercury's have a better interior and exterior. The Chevy has the better powertrain though, those Ford AOD trannies are piles of shit.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDustFalcon85, on 09 May 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

Guys it's official. I just bought a Kia Soul.

Ah, I see the big selling point for you was a car that expressed your fascination with being a sissycuck.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Not really sure what happened here, so Imma gonna edit it.

This post has been edited by Robman: 02 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostBlack Shuck, on 16 May 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

Ah, I see the big selling point for you was a car that expressed your fascination with being a sissycuck.

Whoa, dude. That was uncalled for. No need for personal attacks.

Maybe he thought there'd be dancing hamsters in the car?

Edit: In all seriousness, though, Kias are not a bad choice, but I hope you bought one from a reputable dealer and got it inspected shortly afterwards. Kias are not the most reliable cars out there.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 17 May 2015 - 05:30 AM

Will you please respect other people's purchases Jimmy? No need on being such a rude little dickfuck ok?

*To Comrade Major* I did get the Kia from a reputable dealer and yes it got inspected too. Haggle-free too! I don't want to go through the haggle shit. I wasn't aware of the commercial w/ the hamsters until now.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 17 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

Maybe you wanna put the hamsters somewhere else.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

^^^^^^

View PostBlack Shuck, on 16 May 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

Shitposts spotted.

Could someone lock this thread before this escalates into an insulting trolling flame war?

WTH is wrong w/ you Robman? Will you please be civil and not insult ppl?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 17 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 17 May 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Could someone lock this thread before this escalates into an insulting trolling flame war?

There is an old saying that goes something like "The best car there is, is the one you have...".
It isn't as simple as it sounds... Everything could be better just as everything could be worse... I generally think of life as "Everything could be different."

Anyway, glad you got a car... because it is "the one you have", I am sure you will enjoy it no matter what, because "anything could be different."

A public forum probably isn't the best place for suggestions/discussions on what might be a best automobile however... but again, I am glad you have tolerable, functional transportation. After all, isn't that the primary purpose of an automobile anyway?

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I post an image conveying my entertainment towards the situation, and I get downvoted and called uncivil? Hah!

I have a spine, I use it.

^^^^^^

Shitposts spotted.

Don't be such a pussy.

Honestly though, if you wanted a car like that the Soul is easily the best choice. The Scion xB is...a Scion, and the Nissan Cube is just fuckin' retarded. My friend has a Soul and it's not a bad car. It's very well put together, looks nice inside and out, and drives well. The Koreans actually give a shit, they make much better cars than the Japs. Not my cup of tea though, I require an open cockpit V8 with a stick shift. Seriously, daily driving a convertible is the greatest thing on the fuckin' planet. I'd never settle for anything else at this point.

What year is it and how many miles are on it?

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 17 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostPerson of Color, on 17 May 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Don't be such a pussy.

Honestly though, if you wanted a car like that the Soul is easily the best choice. The Scion xB is...a Scion, and the Nissan Cube is just fuckin' retarded. My friend has a Soul and it's not a bad car. It's very well put together, looks nice inside and out, and drives well. The Koreans actually give a shit, they make much better cars than the Japs. Not my cup of tea though, I require an open cockpit V8 with a stick shift. Seriously, daily driving a convertible is the greatest thing on the fuckin' planet. I'd never settle for anything else at this point.

What year is it and how many miles are on it?

2013 is the Year and It's got 10,000-11,000 miles.

Holy shit.

• Glory To Motherland!

Sounds like he got it from a grandma driver. :)

deleted

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 18 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

• Glory To Motherland!

Also deleted

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 18 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

I apologize for being a prick. I was going through a hard time.

• Glory To Motherland!

It's all good.

He said hard.

Although I got a car. Are Geo Metros and good? Viper says they suck hard. What wrong w/ them anyways?

I had a '95 Geo Metro from late 1994 to early 2004: The paint flaked off the wheels after a few years (cheap to fix), the door moldings started peeling off (cheap to fix, still have the 3M double-sided tape after all these years), the 1st gear synchro ate a bag of dicks (expensive, but not as much as buying another car), mileage dropped from 45 to 35 mpg despite regular oil changes, then it started rusting really bad around the 8th year. After 9 years I traded it in for a 2004 Honda Civic, which I still have 11 years later.

Those were the only 2 new cars I've ever owned, and drove them for 20 years total, so far.

My Civic is getting more and more rust (I'm in New England, and hit the car wash a few times a month during the winter), the heatshield rusted off the exhaust manifold recently, the rear defogger hasn't worked the last few years, and the hood release handle just broke off. I'd read that happens around 150k miles (I've got 175k) so I just threw a small pair of pliers in the glovebox.

I'll probably have to trade it in in another year or two, but I'm not sure what I'll get. Something that gets 40+ miles per gallon and has a manual transmission.

You bought a Geo Metro? New?! Wow, you must be the king of great life decisions.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

If I ever get enough cash to buy a used car, I want it to be a first or second generation Grand Marquis. They're reliable, and drive as smooth as glass. They look classy as fuck too.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 03 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options