Duke4.net Forums: Nintendo corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo corner  "All talk a/b Nintendo. Share your love and hatred a/b Nintendo."

I went to Gamestop today and guess what? I picked up the last NES Classic Edition and a travel case! Now I need to hunt down a NES Classic Controller and extended cables next! Posted Image

The NES Classic Edition Consoles are back in stock albeit limited so you better keep an eye out for one!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: IMG_2661.JPG

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 30 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

So, for Smash, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont (Echo Fighter), Chrom (Echo Fighter), Dark Samus (Echo Fighter), and King K. Rool are announced. Also, there are 103 stages total, 900 music tracks (spanning 28 hours worth) and they're not done revealing characters yet, which they will reveal all of before the game is launched. They showed off the menu where there was a pixelated portion covering a game mode that they "can't talk about yet". My guess is something like Subspace Emissary (at least I hope. I'd even settle for the same campaign from Brawl at this point just with all the characters). Also, their character reveal cutscene animations are fantastic quality-wise (and funny). Really would love to see a full single player campaign with cutscenes of their caliber.

• The Sarien Encounter

I thought this was brilliant on multiple levels. It's not official. The official trailer has no music at all. So there's a bunch of custom ones with different songs but this is the best I've seen yet.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 19 November 2018 - 07:09 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 February 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

I like the badass intro they made there, but I hate how the in-game artstyle looks like "Funko Pops The Game". I'm a huge fan of the original Link's Awakening, so I was hoping for a bit more on the art side of things. Especially considering how moody the game was despite it's limited monochrome palette (or 8-bit color, depending if you're playing the GBC version) and sound.

This post has been edited by Striker: 14 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

The original game looks pretty much in the same vein.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I was a little disappointed with the music. No way it will be as ominous as the Game Boy chiptunes especially in dungeons.

Regardless, this will grow on people just like Wind Waker did. I, for one, despite an initial slightly poor reaction to the music am still going to buy it and likely love it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

I keep seeing people making that point of comparison, but don't think it's in any way similar to the Wind Waker situation, since most people love the art style and it's not exactly some bold, radical departure for Nintendo. After that gorgeous animated intro, I was super disappointed when the gameplay revealed it was going for a Funko Pops/Chibi-like style. Super jarring! Still, it's a massive upgrade from the style in A Link Between Worlds and the foxes look very cute (though Link's dot eyes are creepy as hell). I don’t understand exactly what the blur framing the top and bottom of the screen adds? Hopefully the game’s not just a one-to-one recreation of Awakening, which would be pretty disappointing considering all the neat things the ALBW team introduced to the Zelda formula, such as letting you tackle the dungeons in any order and item renting. Will it still have Link going on a date and that weird genie whale sequence?

• The Sarien Encounter

ALBW was not a remake. This clearly is. ALBW was intended to be a remake of LTTP but then they just made it its own game. Similar overworld map, dungeons, enemies, and art style, but entirely different story. So changes were warranted. Regardless, even though this is a remake in the reveal the guy said that it was "reborn into a new experience" and that they'll "have more to say later." So there could be some changes. I'm kind of hoping for a classic mode myself. Just because.

But again, look at those screenshots. The original was also totally Chibi-like. And its original cinematics were also much better artwork than anything in-game. So in that way, the remake is being quite faithful.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 February 2019 - 06:05 PM

Man, if the art looked like these screens I would be over the moon:

Posted Image

Still, I can't say no to Zelda, so day one. I only brought up A Link Between Worlds because Awakening's presumably being handled by the same team. They're an awesome group of developers working from a great foundation so I'm not concerned about the quality of experience or anything.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 14 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Im probably in the minority but I'd rather have a Links Awakening remake be redone in the style of A Link to the Past. I think this new 2.5D look is absolutely awful, but it'll sell like hotcakes so what the fuck do I know.

Reggie Fils-Amie is retiring from Nintendo of America. Doug Bowser to take his place.

https://www.gamespot...mpaign=homepage

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

He posted a video online talking about his retirement and he said it:

"...My body is still ready."

I love this man.

September 20 for Link's Awakening. :)

A sequel to Breath of the Wild was teased during Nintendo's Direct, too. :D

• The Sarien Encounter

Awesome Direct. Probably my favourite one so far.

So among what was announced coming to Switch we've got:
-Trials of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 3 - looks like a remake)
-Collection of Mana (all three original Mana games, including a properly ported and translated SD3)
-Alien Isolation
-The Witcher 3 Complete Edition

"The Hero" from Dragon Quest XI and Banjo-Kazooie were confirmed for Smash as well.

BOTW sequel looks great though! Smart move to wait to actually show content for the announcement, unlike Metroid Prime 4, whose reveal was awesome but it was just a logo and...well, look what happened with that.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 June 2019 - 01:15 PM

No More Heroes III coming next year, too!

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 11 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Right! Just remembering them all now. Also, Rsident Evil 5 and 6 (with split-screen co-op it looks like). Also, a remake of the original Panzer Dragoon from Sega Saturn.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

Nintendo let the Crypt of the Necrodancer devs use the Zelda licence and the results are so damn charming. The only downside is that once you familiarize yourself with the controls and find a weapon that works for you, the challenge is relatively light. That said, the presentation is unassailable, and the game truly feels like Zelda.

There's a new version of the Nintendo Switch w/ new packaging and improved battery life out now. There's also the Nintendo Switch Lite coming soon. Anyone plan on getting the updated Switch or the Lite?

• The Sarien Encounter

I am not getting one. At least, not any time soon. I'm keeping my old Switch because it still has the exploit in the Tegra chip (or whatever it's called) where you can launch a custom payload and load homebrew content. All newer Switches have patched that out. If I have an extra $400 I'll pick it up and use that as my legit console and keep this old one for homebrew entirely.

Also, in case anyone is thinking about it, you cannot just replace the battery in your old Switch with this new one. It's the same battery. The extended battery life comes from a more efficient processor chip.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

My Nintendo Switch has been getting a LOT of love since having my son.

I knew it would, too, so I'm glad I invested in a bunch of accessories for it.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

The Link's Awakening remake is great !

Next step will be to use this engine to remake "Oracle of Ages" and "Oracle of seasons" episodes... and why not provide the 3rd unreleased episode that was supposed to be "Farore oriented" (I have known this one thaks to a magazine)

• The Sarien Encounter

Link's Awakening is indeed great. Hoping for the Oracle games.

• The Sarien Encounter

Beat it. Great trip down memory lane for my first ever owned and beaten Zelda game back in the day. Now to 100% it!

User is online   Tekedon 

Sega does.. what Nintendon't. :o

• The Sarien Encounter

Go back to the Sega Corner thread. :o

They added online on mario kart tour today and not going to lie I like it so far the online is stable, The only problem is if you don't have a person with a 3 item box your fucked, if anyone here has it what are your thoughts about it.

View PostDuke Legacy, on 23 January 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

They added online on mario kart tour today and not going to lie I like it so far the online is stable, The only problem is if you don't have a person with a 3 item box your fucked, if anyone here has it what are your thoughts about it.

My Mistake it was a testing for gold members only sorry about that I was linked to gold on theres and again sorry about that.

• The Sarien Encounter

I just got this the other day at a local retro game store. Didn't expect that I wouldn't have to import it from Japan. Really saved on cost. I'm pretty excited. 5-disc Breath of the Wild complete soundtrack.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 07 March 2020 - 10:50 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

Just bough Monster Hunter Rise on the Switch it runs surprisingly well on it. There are some dips here and there however if I play it with the switch overclocked it's pretty much solid 30 FPS all the time.

Good game. I acquired Luigi's Mansion 3 recently and I gotta say, I still like the first one better, although I like some QOL changes made on the 2nd and 3rd ones.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options