Duke4.net Forums: Nintendo corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo corner  "All talk a/b Nintendo. Share your love and hatred a/b Nintendo."

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostSledgehammer, on 02 September 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

You say that but the game received several patches before SEGA C&D it. They actually let developers to finish the game and spread it across Internet before C&D and they had to do that because they could lose SoR trademark, it was the only reason why C&D happened.

AM2R got released and also had a patch after release.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Yeah, just one patch and they removed download links for the first version too immediately after release, had to use torrent site to get first version while I managed to download SoRR from developer forum and the game was out of beta for years. Also, looks like I didn't get 1.1 patch, guess it's time to dig again.

They're were really lucky to release the game at all, not everyone managed to do that with some other Nintendo fan games. Too bad it will never be supported anymore unlike SoRR and the rest of SEGA fan games, even though AM2R was made with Game Maker, it had potential, would be great if it was filled with a lot of content just like SoRR.

Keep in mind, SoRR went down for a while when it was already fully finished and v5 was the latest version which took them one year to finally release. It was also possible to get the game from various sites without digging, soronline.net is still the first link for download in Google. What's more interesting though, developers contacted SEGA several years ago.

Nintendo shuts down "No Mario's Sky"

NB4 Nintendo shuts down Pokemon Prism.

http://www.gamespot....s/1100-6444368/

Anyone tuning in to the Nintendo NX reveal at Nintendo's official website at 7PM PT (10 AM ET)?

Oh and the NX is rumored to use cartridges instead of discs. A return to their old format again?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 20 October 2016 - 05:45 AM

Introducing the Nintendo Switch.

EDIT: I see Skryim being demonstrated.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 20 October 2016 - 06:11 AM

Kudos to Nintendo for not falling into the VR craze.

It appears that the Nintendo Switch is powered by an NVidia Tegra Processor w/ an ARM Instruction set. Same thing that powered the NVidia Shield from the looks of it.

http://www.gamespot....mpaign=homepage

View PostDustFalcon85, on 20 October 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

EDIT: I see Skryim being demonstrated.

Guess what?

In the GameXplain interview with Dickhiskhan (actor in commercial), he explained that the footage the Switch trailer was added post-production. They were holding dummy units with high security making sure that the actors stuck to the plan. Dickhiskhan also told that they played some Splatoon on Wii U beforehand, so that they could mimic the moves on the Switch controllers.

In response, Eurogamer asked a Nintendo UK spokesperson to comment on the matter. Their response was the following:

This video is all about explaining how the Nintendo Switch works. We wanted to convey in a self-contained video how Nintendo Switch represents a new era for video game systems enjoyed in front of a TV, by letting gamers play anywhere, anytime, with anyone they choose. It adds the mobility of a portable system to the power of a home gaming system.

At a later date, before the March launch, we'll be talking about things like exact launch date, and of course, the games. You shouldn't assume what you saw on the video represents actual game footage and further specifics on first-party games will be provided later."

To add, some developers responded to Switch, including Bethesda:

Bethesda representative said:

“We’re happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future.”

No link for this because fuck IGN. However, pretty much all third parties responded this way, so be careful, people predict new Wii U.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 24 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSledgehammer, on 24 October 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

No link for this because fuck IGN.

That's what https://archive.is is for.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

So they're not confirming specific titles, but that doesn't mean they're denying them either.

Yeah, basically I meant that the system has no games yet (pretty sure people thought that games in that video are already there or that hardware is powerful enough to handle Skyrim, for example) so it's better to be careful, again, people expect Wii U situation and I don't blame them.

Nintendo also don't want to talk about upcoming games for Switch yet (although IIRC it will get more exclusives on release than Bloodborne machine and Xbone has right now).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 24 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

I bought some new SNES stuff a while ago;
Attached Image: DSC00375.JPG

I also had a clone controller made by Honey Bee but it was stolen in the move, I got another one but no picture of it because it is pretty much just a clone of the regular controller. I did also get this jazzed up model though;
Attached Image: DSC00374.JPG

Hmm... Interesting form factor, it seems familiar from somewhere and it does what my other controller don't.

It also seems my efforts to convert my friend, a Sega fan for over 20 years, to the dark side have also worked as he recently ordered himself a SNES. ;)

Man, this camera is the most expensive one I've ever owned and, at the same time, is probably among the worst I have ever owned. Fuck you Sony.

Nintendo is ceasing production of the Wii U on November 4 according to a new report.

• The Sarien Encounter

Before the Switch is even launched? Wow. They must really be trying to cut costs. Maybe now I can pick up a used WiiU cheap.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

What the fuck? Why? I hear Switch is less powerful than Wii U because it only has 4gb of RAM.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostPikaCommando, on 01 November 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

What the fuck? Why? I hear Switch is less powerful than Wii U because it only has 4gb of RAM.

The Wii U only has 2gb of RAM. The switch has 4gb, which is double. Have no idea where you're sourcing your information from, but it's not reliable.

This post has been edited by Striker: 01 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

View PostStriker, on 01 November 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

The Wii U only has 2gb of RAM. The switch has 4gb, which is double. Have no idea where you're sourcing your information from, but it's not reliable.

Really? That's a relief. Kinda hard to believe they can pack all that firepower in such a small portable package.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

The NVidia Shield, which was a portable about the size of an XBox controller, had 2gb of RAM and was capable of displaying XBox 360-level graphics. It was a pretty powerful little machine. It used the NVidia Tegra 4 platform, while the Nintendo Switch uses a later generation of the Tegra, the Tegra X2... which is capable of 1.5 TFLOPS, which is a performance greater than that of the XBox One's GPU, which is capable of 1.37 TFLOP.

It doesn't surprise me that they've managed to do this.

(EDIT Post-release: Never mind about that, seems they went with the older Tegra X1. Disappointing, but still not terrible.)

This post has been edited by Striker: 12 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

Nintendo is officially ending the production of the Wii U. Anyone got great memories of the Wii U?

http://www.gameinfor...production.aspx

• The Sarien Encounter

I still don't even own one. Might pick a used one up now for those Zelda games I don't have.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 11 November 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Nintendo is officially ending the production of the Wii U. Anyone got great memories of the Wii U?

http://www.gameinfor...production.aspx

Super Mario 3D World rocks, best platformer in many many years when it hit. For me it was the first really good followup to the classic Super Mario 64.

Nintendo has officially ended the Wii U worldwide.

http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6447419/

I still have my Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Wii U. With the Hyrulian language on the Wii U controller.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 01 February 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Nintendo has officially ended the Wii U worldwide.

http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6447419/

I still have my Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Wii U. With the Hyrulian language on the Wii U controller.

Such a shame

The wii u was such an underappreciated system and it deserved better

Some of the best games ive ever played were on wii u but i guess thats not enough to draw in 3rd party support

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I love my Wii U, even more so now that it's cracked wide open. It's really nice being able to install all my disc-based games to a HD--now my 6 year old can enjoy everything available without me having to worry about him damaging a disc.

• The Sarien Encounter

I really need to get one. Hopefully they get cheap. I still need all those Zelda games I don't have...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

In the past week I grabbed a refurbished one directly from Nintendo for $200 and it looks practically brand new. Nintendo Land even came factory sealed. I'm also glad there is a homebrew scene developing... :P

• The Sarien Encounter

How was the Wii U hacked?

User is offline   Kawa 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 01 February 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

How was the Wii U hacked?

With pleasure.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ho ho. Was it through an exploit in a game like the Wii's Twilight Hack? That's how I initially hacked my Wii. Good times. Got way more use out of that console because of that than I would have otherwise.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options