Duke4.net Forums: Nintendo corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo corner  "All talk a/b Nintendo. Share your love and hatred a/b Nintendo."

User is offline   deuxsonic 

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 03 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostSledgehammer, on 27 July 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

This thread miss one thing:

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T!

Hands down the better of the two machines. Not even up for debate unless you have no taste. inb4 "muh RPG's," go have some painful ane with your blue space waifu or stick it in a medieval chick's axe wound.

Fuck that 2D Jap garbage. They were only popular because nothing on consoles had a plot back then. Except for Secret of Mana, their gameplay is pure garbage. In Japanese RPG's you have to grind your ass off like a miserable robot, just like they do every day, only to be greeted with a plot that subverts and destroys Western civilization.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 14 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

SNES has Super Double Dragon

Point, Set, Match

Is this nigga over here dissin' on Chrono Trigger here because if so I'm gonna have to bust your goddamn head in.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Super Metroid. End debate.

View PostCarl Winslow, on 04 August 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Is this nigga over here dissin' on Chrono Trigger here because if so I'm gonna have to bust your goddamn head in.

Posted Image

Can't tell if it's a threat or joking.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

¿Por qué no los dos?

View PostCarl Winslow, on 04 August 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

I'll knock your fuckin' teeth out, then dump the clutch and do a burnout on your face. I'll settle the score, punk.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 August 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

Super Metroid. End debate.

This and DKC2 are the only games that can approach S3&K's greatness.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 14 August 2016 - 02:47 PM

Well. Nintendo has removed the Nintendo Power magazines from the Internet Archive. Removed Pokemon Uranium. And removed the fanmade Metroid II remake.

*sigh* Now I'll never get to see the Doom 64 prototype pics.

This company is literally cancer. The entire Japanese game industry needs a fucking enema. Useless idiots.

Best comment on this article:

Meanwhile, Disney rereleases old Lucasarts games, forces Activision to patch their screwed-up Marvel Ultimate Allince 1+2 ports and says that they wouldn’t have cease-and-desisted a Star Wars fangame if EA hadn’t made them. Nintendo is currently being shittier than Disney, a company that claimed that there were never any racist stereotypes in Fantasia (akin to claiming that we have always been at was with Eurasia).

Too bad Sega is never coming back, they did a great job 25 years ago when Nintendo needed their fucking clock cleaned.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 15 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Frickn Nintendo...it's sad to see that they're one of those companies not embracing the 21st century. "No! You can't do that! That's my toy! You have to play with it the way I say! *grabs everything out of your hands*"

Go fly a kite, Nintendo.

User is online   Lunick 

In the case of the Metroid 2 Remake, it's quite easy to see that Nintendo would take it down since Metroid 2 is something that they are still selling and would obviously want people to buy that than play the game for free.

It would probably hurt the developers more but I wish they wouldn't use Nintendo IPs to make fan games/games on. Some of this work is some really talented stuff and it sucks that they will eventually fall to a DMCA takedown.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 15 August 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

2 words:

FUCK NINTENDO

That Metroid 2 remake looks really really good, I may have to seek that out sometime. That does suck what Nintendo is doing, especially removing Nintendo Power issues (history), slight silver lining here would be if they're pulling a Final Doom TNT and are going to pay this team and release it. Unlikely though.

We could have had an HD release of Goldeneye 007 alongside Perfect Dark but Nintendo fucking ruined that too if you remember.

• The Sarien Encounter

I do remember. They said it was because "Goldeneye belongs on a Nintendo console." Then a few years after their Wii remake, Goldeneye 007 Reloaded comes out for 360 and PS3 in a brand new engine. Same game. I remember stumbling upon the screenshots from the XBLA port. Still have them. Sigh...Nintendo. Although, I do kind of dig how they turned it into the Daniel Craig universe Bond. And the fact that the movie actors came to reprise their roles as well as the movie composer which scored the game. I still prefer the original, of course.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 16 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

User is online   Lunick 

Let it sink in :P

It does seem like there is another party blocking the release though https://www.ticgn.co...rt-is-unlikely/

• The Sarien Encounter

I read somewhere that AcviVision lost the rights to Bond games now.

I have AM2R, thanks to my brother downloading it mere minutes before the links got taken down. I think Nintendo wasn't just threatened by a free remake of Metroid 2---they were probably pissed off that the Federation marines, the stars of their upcoming "Metroid Prime: Federation Force" game get slaughtered by an Omega Metroid in one scene of AM2R. Seriously, this was an anniversary year for the Metroid franchise, and the best "official" game we can get is going to be one that doesn't even have Samus Aran as the star.....yeah, give me the fan game any day of the week. And it's not like AM2R is costing them any money, either....the team behind it was never trying to SELL the thing.

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 25 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Nintendo have always been stingy with their IP. As bad as Disney.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostPerson of Color, on 03 August 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Hands down the better of the two machines. Not even up for debate unless you have no taste. inb4 "muh RPG's," go have some painful ane with your blue space waifu or stick it in a medieval chick's axe wound.

Fuck that 2D Jap garbage. They were only popular because nothing on consoles had a plot back then. Except for Secret of Mana, their gameplay is pure garbage. In Japanese RPG's you have to grind your ass off like a miserable robot, just like they do every day, only to be greeted with a plot that subverts and destroys Western civilization.

Wouldn't say that RPGs and 2D games are trash, after all Mega Drive had both too. Not too many RPGs, but that was more than enough for me plus Mega Drive had a lot of other good stuff. And there were more RPGs and 2D games for Saturn (these were exclusive to Japan because SoA wanted only 3D games on Saturn) and Dreamcast. 2D games especially were the reason why Saturn was quite popular in Japan and was actually worthwhile console even after all the shit SEGA pulled to kill it, so I don't think anyone can use this as an argument against SEGA consoles when they want to defend Nintendo. Personally I enjoyed Saturn more than PS1.

Besides, Xbox was very good platform thanks to Japanese games as well. Ironically MS is now just became Sony, even hardware of Xbone is worse than PS4.

View PostPerson of Color, on 15 August 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

This company is literally cancer. The entire Japanese game industry needs a fucking enema. Useless idiots.

Too bad Sega is never coming back, they did a great job 25 years ago when Nintendo needed their fucking clock cleaned.

NoA is the most cancerous company in this industry and is worse than NoJ. If anyone need enema, it's definitely them. I have no doubt that NoA was behind this decision. And speaking of Metroid 2 remake, that official Metroid trailer looked very amusing especially after they C&D AM2R. This is not just about Japanese companies but about Western ones as well, there is no company in gaming industry besides SEGA who would allow their fans to mess with their IPs or projects, yeah, ironically Japanese company is willing to work with their talented fans. If you want to look at another recent C&D, see situation with Battlefront build devs of which decided to show themselves and ask for official release IIRC and EA of refused to cooperate, Disney can do nothing about it because SW video games rights belongs to EA only.

And actually, it's too late for SEGA to come back, consoles are nothing more than shitty locked PCs with paid online and now they're trying to sell their consoles more frequently by slightly upgrading them, it feels just like pre-build PCs or yeah, Sega CD, 32x addon. I'm fine with them being arcade and game developers and I don't think consoles can become better because PC hardware is improving every year. The best thing right now is to get digital store and compete with Steam or to make very powerful and not expensive handled console. I wouldn't mind if they opened their own digital store, all what they have to do is to make things right from the start, might work well considering more and more people don't like Valve and Valve's competitors are a joke, their best competitor is GoG. SEGA have a lot of good IPs they could use to make exclusives for their own digital platform.

Anyway, what SEGA really have to do is to get their shit together and start to revive their old IPs and start to release the rest of their good games on PC. They're only one big company I can think of which can make enjoyable AAA games even though these games are niche most of the time thanks to console exclusivity. Yakuza games easily could become more successful if they ported their games to PC.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 27 August 2016 - 03:59 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostPerson of Color, on 03 August 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

I can list off some other great SNES games that aren't JRPGs, and haven't already been mentioned.

• Super Turrican 1 / 2
  • Terranigma (Technically an RPG, but it's action-oriented and not turn-based.)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past
  • Kirby Super Star (EDIT: Forgot this one)
  • The Super Star Wars series
  • F-Zero
  • Super Mario All-stars/World
  • Phalanx
  • Bust-A-Move
  • Sparkster
  • Axelay
  • Super Castlevania 4
  • Demon's Crest
  • King of Demons (not amazing, but it's a very enjoyable side-scrolling shooter)
  • Top Gear
  • Contra 3

But, I digress. Nintendo has been pissing me off lately, they've shut down more than a few great fan projects that completely destroy Nintendo's own shit in both quality and faithfulness to the IP/source material.

This post has been edited by Striker: 30 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Kirby Super Star was another one.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 August 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

Kirby Super Star was another one.

Yes, can't believe I forgot that. Fixed. KSS was one of my favorite SNES games, too.

This post has been edited by Striker: 30 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

http://fireside.game...ngames-bzc9h583

......well, that happened.

562 fan games, taken down just because Nintendo doesn't get the point of "FAN games". Seriously, I'd expect this kind of crap from Konami (cue "HIT THE LEVER" pachinko montage here), but Nintendo?

User is offline   leilei 

The problem there was more about ad revenue generated for Gamejolt themselves with exploited Nintendo properties drawing in the hits for that.

They should really crack down on all the fandom-inundating-childhood-demolishing-for-a-decade "hentai" flashes about their properties and the like IMHO. They also usually appear in ad-supported dark internet corners, some sweet money coming in from pervs over a badly drawn peach/pokemon trainer/pokemon/starfoxcharacter/isabelle/marin/bowser/orjustanyoneinasmashgame/yoshi/ inkling. Arguably, they're protected by parody laws, but they're far more property/brand damaging than crappy fangames, and would end up being more visible to alienate the young curious searcher if they do continue on the fangame removal route. [/thinkofthechildren]

This post has been edited by leilei: 01 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

User is online   Lunick 

View Postleilei, on 01 September 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

The problem there was more about ad revenue generated for Gamejolt themselves with exploited Nintendo properties drawing in the hits for that.

Shh, Duke4 doesn't need to know about that, they want to get angry because it's Nintendo and they really care about the Mario & Luigi Dating Simulator game that was taken down from GameJolt

Well, they killed a lot of free fan games in the past as well and no one tried to use some exploits to gain free money. They always were like that, we're talking about a company which is against using NES/SNES emulators and ROMs for it. It's pretty much a fact that Nintendo doesn't care about their fans. It's funny that at the same time SEGA actually implemented workshop for their Mega Drive collection on Steam and that they don't mind if people play Mega Drive ROMs for free, not to mention that SEGA never tried to kill fan made games.

Nintendo is no different from other companies which also don't care about fans and NoA deserve to be killed for many bad things. They deserve all the hate they're getting and it's good that Duke4 isn't Nintendo fan site (or is it?), although I still consider Nintendo (not NoA of course) better than Sony or MS.

User is online   Lunick 

View PostSledgehammer, on 02 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

not to mention that SEGA never tried to kill fan made games.

r.i.p. Streets of Rage Remake

View PostLunick, on 02 September 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

r.i.p. Streets of Rage Remake

You say that but the game received several patches before SEGA C&D it. They actually let developers to finish the game and spread it across Internet before C&D and they had to do that because they could lose SoR trademark, it was the only reason why C&D happened. However, you can get the game on the site of the developer even today and the game is still receiving updates. You can get it here: http://www.sorrcommu...-and-soundtrack

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options