Duke4.net Forums: Nintendo corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo corner  "All talk a/b Nintendo. Share your love and hatred a/b Nintendo."

User is offline   Lunick 

If only someone would port Quake though :D

User is offline   NNC 

http://moriyashrine....arisa-land.html

It's a totally free platformer for PC within the style of Super Mario World or Yoshi's Island, but has japanese characters instead. I'm not a fan of free games in general, nor of stupid Mario ripoffs, but this really caught my attention, and quickly become my favourite platformer since 1995.

User is offline   Lunick 

Super Mario Maker came out here today so I decided to remake the first level of one of my favourite Apogee platformers
Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Will download and vote when I get a Wii U (in 2018).

View PostDaedolon, on 13 September 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Will download and vote when I get a Wii U (in 2018).

Just in. Nintendo is ending the Wii U Production at the end of the year due to slow and poor sales. Good idea if you could snag one off before then folks.

http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6435915/

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 22 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Glad I didnt get a Wii U; will wait to see what the fuck NX is, and if it can play Wii U games or not.
I did just get a 3DS for my wife, need to checkout what games are for it (I don't like Mario or Pokemon)

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh, I forgot there was a Nintendo thread...

I remade some Commander Keen levels recently:
Posted Image
https://supermarioma...-0000-01EF-AD18
https://supermarioma...-0000-01ED-F41A
https://supermarioma...-0000-01ED-F2A4
https://supermarioma...-0000-01E8-991F
Posted Image

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostDustFalcon85, on 22 March 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

Just in. Nintendo is ending the Wii U Production at the end of the year due to slow and poor sales. Good idea if you could snag one off before then folks.

http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6435915/

Uh... you just took a rumor and then added in another rumor and more conjecture.

I'd say wait and see is the best bet, considering it at least has game releases through the end of the year.

User is offline   Lunick 

Nintendo what are you doing..
Posted Image

I wonder if/how they will sell additional games?
Also, I hope a mini SNES is next; I will buy the shit out of that.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

If it doesn't run my actual NES cartridges and I can't download additional games on it for less than what they're in the eshop, I doubt the device will be worth more than $15 to me.

View PostDaedolon, on 14 July 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

If it doesn't run my actual NES cartridges and I can't download additional games on it for less than what they're in the eshop, I doubt the device will be worth more than $15 to me.

It won't play old cartridges (they wont even fit) I haven't heard anything about downloading additional games or not; they've said you can plug the controller into a Wiimote and use it to play NES games on virtual console

MBC said it operates on existing technology (probably 3DS, like the Playstation TV/Vita Console thingy) and is emulation... but we are getting one anyway. And he wasn't told much anything else about it.

I hope it is better than the AtGames Sega and Atari Flashback series. They are ok, but do have anomalies and issues you don't have with the original hardware. Of course they are cute, so that is what matters most. :P

CatNapDreams

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Emulation :/
Could even be just some android system inside that boots in to a standalone menu.

C64 DTV is probably the only good adaptation of a retro pack I've seen.
Not only is it a faithful re-creation of the HW in FPGA but while you get your array of built in games, the HW designer actually left in full C64 BASIC as an easter egg, along with an onscreen keybaord.
And it doesn't stop there, PCB has points where you can solder in a serial connector for the disk drive and plug in a keyboard too. Turning this in to a full C64 system along with some enhanced hardware capabilities that got tucked away.

While it's not profitable to always do this way, it still always makes me cringe when "official" packs suffer from the same old emulation errors that have been present for 10 years.
They could do a nice FPGA implementation and at least pay it some justice.

User is offline   Lunick 

It was obviously emulation from the beginning since it has multiple suspension points to save the game at. We don't know anything about the inside of the box or how clear the image quality will be yet so we can't fully judge the device yet aside from that it has 30 of the best games for the system. The emulation should be better than the SEGA systems at least since this one is being directly made by Nintendo. I'm more worried that the European console is gonna have 50hz titles...

Would have preferred a classic SNES instead though :P

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

If it's going to be digital output then I have a feeling that it will aim for 59.94Hz instead of 50Hz. European CRTs already supported 59.94Hz pretty well but it was mostly the NTSC color encoding which got in the way.
Thankfully that piece of legacy crap has been largely left behind :P

Analog YPbPr already ditches PAL/NTSC encoding, it's not that far away anymore from what PC monitors do in RGB colorspace.
Although, if they DO aim for legacy connectors with anything from RF to Svideo then 50Hz titles are likely :/

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh, the console uses HDMI output exclusively so I'm not concerned about what output the console will be using, I'm concerned about the roms themselves as Nintendo like to release some PAL versions of games on the Wii/Wii U Virtual Console in PAL territories and they are really not ideal to play on a 60Hz output mode when the Wii U doesn't support changing to 50Hz...

Console will cost 1000 Danish crowns.
That is 160 $. Hell no :P

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Wii-U still has standard oldschool analog outputs along with digital, main reason to stick with 50Hz is to gain compatibility with equipment that don't handle PAL60 that well since it was never a standard to begin with, some equipment crash in the worst case. When dealing with digital, PAL/NTSC doesn't matter anymore since it's all just either digital RGB or YUV. Difference between 59.94Hz and 50Hz doesn't really matter technically which was a reason to use 50Hz in the first place.
It still doesn't exclude the possibility of using 50Hz content but there is no real technical limitation when aiming for pure digital, unlike WIi-U which still has to support older CRTs. Usually 59.94Hz support is even better than 50Hz since it's more like an afterthougt these days.

There are a few exclusives though that only work on a PAL system such as asterix, this can never work on a true old US/JP system due to the PAL system having more CPU time per frame.
However they could always just pull off a nesticle with this and add arbitary amounts of CPU time per frame to do graphics updates without increasing the clock speed itself.

I don't know if this is real http://www.usgamer.n...-a-mini-genesis

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 22 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Those things are AWFUL.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Yeah, the pitch of the sound on the At Games consoles isn't right. The sound pitch is lower on mine, if I remember correctly. I won't buy another one.

We have all of those Flashback things...
Posted Image

and it is true that the Sega has messed up sound. MBC said that it will be fixed in next years model, but not this years. I don't know many games from the Genesis, but the sound in Sonic is a deal-breaker for me, as far as nostalgia. As far as the games I don't know well enough, the sound isn't great, but isn't a deal-breaker either.

Here is what MBC made for ours. It is super cute! :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

He said he is going to pre-order the tiny NES one to go with these. It should be better quality than the Flashback stuff.

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 23 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

This thread miss one thing:

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Like fail out of the business? :P

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

B-but they have arcades and a lot of good games at least, it means something, right? :P

Seriously though, SEGA's only problem is huge incompetence. They could beat Nintendo easily with competent management. The fact that they don't treat their fanbase as garbage says already a lot.

Also didn't notice another important and big minus which is NoA and their censorship crap. Oh, and region lock on their systems is also disgusting.

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

You can now read Nintendo Power magazines for free in Archive.org. Spans the first 13 years.

https://archive.org/...ownloads&page=2

Enjoy! :P

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice. I still have issue 112. Loved the sneak peak at Zelda OOT.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 03 August 2016 - 05:14 PM

No matter what you say, despite everything this glove is the best thing ever. And there is nothing in the world that can...

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Power Glove ULTRA, a masterpiece born from the italian hardware modding community and the mind of Alessio Cozenza.

Exclusive interview of Francesco "Fraws" Miceli from Parliamo di Videogiochi channel with Cosenza.
(Press YT subs button)

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options