Duke4.net Forums: Duke Plus - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • 55
  • 56
  • 57
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Plus  "feedback and general discussion of Duke Plus"

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1681

Camera/angle interpolation stuff in eduke32 has changed more than once in recent years, and that's almost certainly the reason for the bike thing you mentioned. I've had to change code a couple of times recently in my current projects to retain fluidity. If I'm ever going to fix the various breakages caused by engine changes, I would rather go back in at some much later date when I'm not working on any big eduke projects and fix all of them en masse. Going back in to fix things on a dead project really sucks, I certainly don't want to keep getting dragged back into it every time there is a new report of a breakage.
3

User is offline   FRVIND 

#1682

View PostDanukem, on 02 September 2021 - 09:35 PM, said:

Camera/angle interpolation stuff in eduke32 has changed more than once in recent years, and that's almost certainly the reason for the bike thing you mentioned. I've had to change code a couple of times recently in my current projects to retain fluidity. If I'm ever going to fix the various breakages caused by engine changes, I would rather go back in at some much later date when I'm not working on any big eduke projects and fix all of them en masse. Going back in to fix things on a dead project really sucks, I certainly don't want to keep getting dragged back into it every time there is a new report of a breakage.


I report another "bug". Laser shot from laser pistol doesn't break any glass.
In the hope of future revisions...
Thanks
1

User is offline   lwc 

#1683

Duke Plus no longer works for me!
It just crashes immediately if I enter any level or after a few seconds if I try to browse game options.
By crashing I mean I have to force close it.

Any idea why it happens?

EDuke32 itself works perfectly for me.

Also, while EDuke32 works great for me with or without Polymer, Plus looks awful without Polymer.
Last but not least, if I choose my existing monitor resolution, Plus opens full screen even if I tell it not to, while EDuke32 respects my choice.

This post has been edited by lwc: 27 September 2021 - 03:02 PM

0

User is offline   FRVIND 

#1684

View Postlwc, on 27 September 2021 - 03:01 PM, said:

Duke Plus no longer works for me!
It just crashes immediately if I enter any level or after a few seconds if I try to browse game options.
By crashing I mean I have to force close it.

Any idea why it happens?

EDuke32 itself works perfectly for me.

Also, while EDuke32 works great for me with or without Polymer, Plus looks awful without Polymer.
Last but not least, if I choose my existing monitor resolution, Plus opens full screen even if I tell it not to, while EDuke32 respects my choice.


Do You have last Dukeplus (2.501)?
Last Dukeplus
Do You have last Eduke32 binary?
However, if Danukem will get his great job in the hands, it will be need your log files and shortly I hope there will be a great epic update (WIP) and it's probably we have to review if it works ;)
0

User is offline   lwc 

#1685

View PostFRVIND, on 27 September 2021 - 08:37 PM, said:

Do You have last Dukeplus (2.501)?
Do You have last Eduke32 binary?

Yes, I do, I only wrote my message after having the latest DukePlus and Eduke32.

Quote

However, if Danukem will get his great job in the hands, it will be need your log files and shortly I hope there will be a great epic update (WIP) and it's probably we have to review if it works ;)

The forum ignores it when I try to attach files so here are links instead:

BTW, I get the very same glitches when trying the other mod that is still somewhat maintained and has co-op bots, Duke Nukem: Weapon of Mass Destruction.

This post has been edited by lwc: 28 September 2021 - 01:11 AM

0

User is offline   Mark 

#1686

Many old mods and TCs are best run with the old version of eduke32 they came with.
0

#1687

View Postlwc, on 28 September 2021 - 12:33 AM, said:

BTW, I get the very same glitches when trying the other mod that is still somewhat maintained and has co-op bots, Duke Nukem: Weapon of Mass Destruction.

The author fix that

https://www.moddb.co...loads/dnwmd-151

0

User is offline   lwc 

#1688

View PostMark, on 28 September 2021 - 04:31 AM, said:

Many old mods and TCs are best run with the old version of eduke32 they came with.

I tried both with their internal versions and the newest Eduke32, and it makes no difference at all.
I can only play the original EDuke32 in its own folder.

View Post# 1 duke nukem spanish fan, on 28 September 2021 - 06:47 AM, said:


Again, I only try the latest versions, so that's the version that crashes for me.

This post has been edited by lwc: 28 September 2021 - 07:22 AM

0

User is offline   FRVIND 

#1689

View Postlwc, on 28 September 2021 - 07:22 AM, said:

I tried both with their internal versions and the newest Eduke32, and it makes no difference at all.
I can only play the original EDuke32 in its own folder.


Again, I only try the latest versions, so that's the version that crashes for me.


It seems from the log files there's some problem loading MD2/MD3 models, this could mean a problem about HRP pack. I can recommend you a fresh installation from scratch. First the last binary in a new folder, then the HRP (downloaded again) in Autoload, then Dukeplus in a Dukeplus folder and try from scratch (without pre-existing configurations). Then recall the game with eduke32 and the parameter towards dukeplus, try first with polymer then polymost...
0

User is offline   lwc 

#1690

View PostFRVIND, on 28 September 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

It seems from the log files there's some problem loading MD2/MD3 models, this could mean a problem about HRP pack. I can recommend you a fresh installation from scratch. First the last binary in a new folder, then the HRP (downloaded again) in Autoload, then Dukeplus in a Dukeplus folder and try from scratch (without pre-existing configurations). Then recall the game with eduke32 and the parameter towards dukeplus, try first with polymer then polymost...

I've never downloaded the HRP and running Plus from scratch didn't help.
Steps to reproduce:
  • I download Plus
  • I open dukeplus.bat
  • It crashes once I choose a volume or browse the in-game options

It also happens in the other MOD which I've mentioned earlier.

This post has been edited by lwc: 28 September 2021 - 01:31 PM

0

User is offline   lwc 

#1691

I figured it out! Both Plus and the other Mod got crashed because they tried to use an OpenGL Video mode and not a Software one like EDuke32.
They work again as soon as I switch to Software video mode in the launcher!

P.S.
As for my earlier note about forced full screen, it was because EDuke32 used a lower resolution than my screen, which is why it could avoid entering full screen.

This post has been edited by lwc: 28 September 2021 - 02:24 PM

0

User is offline   lwc 

#1692

View Postlwc, on 28 September 2021 - 02:21 PM, said:

I figured it out! Both Plus and the other Mod got crashed because they tried to use an OpenGL Video mode and not a Software one like EDuke32.
They work again as soon as I switch to Software video mode in the launcher!

Nevertheless, look what happens with Plus' internal OpenGL options - I get a black square instead of the normal explosion - what's going on?
https://i.ibb.co/5j9dQPZ/opengl-explosions-on.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/L68b2JR/opengl-explosions-black.png
https://i.ibb.co/SJPhnG8/opengl-explosions-off.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/bmkJc8g/opengl-explosions-not-used.png

This post has been edited by lwc: 30 September 2021 - 01:11 PM

0

User is offline   FRVIND 

#1693

If you use classic mode renderer (software) at starting of eduke32 it's normal I assume. If you choose in the internal menu OpenGL and engine doesn't pre-cache from the beginning so after it doesn't work but I'm not sure
0

User is offline   lwc 

#1694

View Postlwc, on 30 September 2021 - 01:07 PM, said:

Nevertheless, look what happens with Plus' internal OpenGL options - I get a black square instead of the normal explosion - what's going on?

The sykcar was all 1 giant black square too, but:

View Postlwc, on 01 October 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

Solved! I've installed OpenGL Extensions Viewer, which made me realize my driver is rather old.
Granted, my computer model doesn't really have a noticeably newer driver, so I went straight for Intel itself and downloaded its newest driver.

Bingo! Not only can I now use OpenGL but also Polymer!
Even more so, Duke Plus finally shows explosions instead of black squares.

Just because it's interesting to see, here are explosions in Duke Plus in OpenGL with and without Polymer and then without OpenGL at all:
https://i.ibb.co/KWJ0HDC/polymer-on.png https://i.ibb.co/g6nLz1y/polymer-off.png https://i.ibb.co/51ZgD3X/explosion-without-opengl.png


This post has been edited by lwc: 01 October 2021 - 02:46 PM

0

User is offline   lwc 

#1695

I managed to play 20th Anniversary World Tour via EDuke32, but not via Duke Plus (I put the customized eduke32.exe and the DukePlus subfolder in the 20th folder).
While EDuke32 shows blank volume names, they're at least still clickable, even volume 5.
But in Duke Plus volume 5 is completely replaced with Duke Plus levels instead of appearing alongside it.
By "completely" I mean even the "-v5 -l1" command line parameters transfer the player into Duke Plus levels.

I've managed to bypass it by replacing all name 4 with name 5 inside DukePlus\dpcons\USERPLUS.CON, thus making Duke Plus levels into Volume 6 instead of 5 (I guess Duke 3D starts internally counting from 0).
Please consider making it official.

Before:
https://i.ibb.co/gjTkGb0/duke0000.png

After:
https://i.ibb.co/LhMnqsK/duke0000.png

The replacement:
https://i.ibb.co/2hpNJcZ/replace.png

This post has been edited by lwc: 09 October 2021 - 07:21 AM

0

User is offline   FRVIND 

#1696

Hello!
After the development on 19-09-2021, breakdowns also with recon cars began to happen:
1) first of all the fluidity is lost, they jerk if you set 144 fps (but this had already happened before, together with the dukebike of the latest mod dukeplus);
2) then the recon car can no longer see you if it is on the layer above the TROR ... and then continues without shooting you;
3) finally, lately, the recon car can't even follow its path and looks like a fool: it goes around a crazy circle!
I have attached a simple map to see.

Thank you
Attached File  recon.zip (589bytes)
Number of downloads: 16
0

User is offline   FRVIND 

#1697

...
after that date the behavior of the recon cars is broken anyway, even without mod dukeplus:
point two is confirmed and then does not follow the path well (it hits the wall)
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#1698

View PostFRVIND, on 18 November 2021 - 01:16 PM, said:

...
after that date the behavior of the recon cars is broken anyway, even without mod dukeplus:
point two is confirmed and then does not follow the path well (it hits the wall)


It sounds like you are saying that recon cars are broken in recent eduke regardless of mod; if that's true please report it in appropriate place so the devs know.

As for DukePlus, I don't develop it any more. Things continue to break when the executable is updated and I barely have enough time to keep up with my current projects let alone go back and fix breakages on an old one.
0

#1699

View PostFRVIND, on 18 November 2021 - 12:57 PM, said:

Hello!
After the development on 19-09-2021, breakdowns also with recon cars began to happen:
1) first of all the fluidity is lost, they jerk if you set 144 fps (but this had already happened before, together with the dukebike of the latest mod dukeplus);
2) then the recon car can no longer see you if it is on the layer above the TROR ... and then continues without shooting you;
3) finally, lately, the recon car can't even follow its path and looks like a fool: it goes around a crazy circle!
I have attached a simple map to see.

Thank you
recon.zip

Tried r3000 dating from September 2012, and the recon car shows the exact same behavior as in current revisions. Having a separate set of locators between 2 TROR layers has never worked properly with the Recon car.

Fluidity issues have been found in Alien Armageddon as well as AMC, but we lack a proper test case to debug the issues.
0

User is offline   FRVIND 

#1700

View PostDoom64hunter, on 03 January 2022 - 03:03 PM, said:

Tried r3000 dating from September 2012, and the recon car shows the exact same behavior as in current revisions. Having a separate set of locators between 2 TROR layers has never worked properly with the Recon car.


if You use last Dukeplus AND (operand) r9607, with recon cars everything is fine, even through TROR layers. It is one of the rare cases where a MOD saves the original project :lol: I am attaching a simple example map

Attached File(s)


0

Share this topic:


  • 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • 55
  • 56
  • 57
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options