Duke4.net Forums: EP2 bug reports - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

User is offline   Jblade 

This thread is for bug reports, because they're cluttering up the main thread (Which should be for discussion about the actual mod content) If you have a bug, please give as much information as humanely possible because it makes it easier to track down.

EDIT: I've now closed this topic since so much has changed behind the scenes and episode 3's release later this year means it's no longer necessary.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 06 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJblade, on 29 March 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Set cl_weaponswitch to 0 in the console...they removed that option from the options menu so unfortunately it has to be done via console.

Posted Image

onevent EVENT_WORLD
    setuserdef .weaponswitch 0
endevent

EDIT: It sounds like you coded your weapons differently than intended by the weapon system. The ammo_amount should hold the full amount of ammo you hold in all magazines. The weapon switch issue should then become moot.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 29 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

That's weapon pickup though, previously the option was 'auto weapon-switch' or something and you could disable the game from switching weapon when out of ammo. I can force that off in-game but I thought somebody would complain about it (so I had to decide on the lesser of 2 evils I guess)

Map bug: in the Mars colony broadcast studio, if you press use on the wall in the boardroom that the C4 goes on, it lowers the bottom part of the wall slightly as though you're activating a door. It's a repeatable action.

User is offline   Jblade 

Nice catch, thanks - that effect was set up differently before but I changed it to a standard C4 wall explosive. I forgot to remove the door tag though (since it was hidden by the sector effector in Mapster heh heh)

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

Okay I also found a bug if you try to use the phone with Haywire, you cant call anyone, if you press the 1 key to select your comrade to call, you hear the noise but nothing happens. By the way, should I list all other bugs in this thread that I found so far or should I just post new bugs I find in here?

_In "Welcome to Millhaven" at the end when you obtain the key to the gun store in the church and go outside to the store and use it, it removes the lock and says "unlocked" but the door remains locked and there's no way to get in there.

_Also in the Abyss there's that big ass organic tower with a hole in front of it that makes you jump far up to it, well it no longer works, instead I levitate at low altitude or jump high up but it's never enough to reach the place.

_I had to re-do my equipment stuff because when I launched Ep2 and started the EDF missions my knife would no longer deal damage and when I went to the equipment screen I saw that it was all reset whereas it was not when I played Ep1 again (for the Armagedon thing) and also HighWire had something weird equiped it looked like a shovel in place of the knife but I changed it before I had the opportunity to test it and now it's too late.

_The bug that allows you to sprint endlessly is still present.

_Finaly in ABBA there's no way you can continue after you used the Blue KeyCard because the litlle "green" place you have to go int, to use a switch that disactivates a force field to the rest, is solid, unless you dnclip in it you can't get in (I played this map in Attrition and we're supposed to be able to go through it without dnclip).

I played only 1 level of Ep2 (city under siege) and found nothing to report so far, I focus on EDF missions before going on it.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 30 March 2015 - 01:21 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

_The bug that allows you to sprint endlessly is still present

Can you repeat how you did this for me?

EDIT: nm, found your old post.

_Finaly in ABBA there's no way you can continue after you used the Blue KeyCard because the litlle "green" place you have to go int, to use a switch that disactivates a force field to the rest, is solid, unless you dnclip in it you can't get in (I played this map in Attrition and we're supposed to be able to go through it without dnclip).

You blow that up, I don't know if it was removed in Attrition but in the duke usermap you get a pipebomb and have to blow the organic stuff up to get inside the room.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 30 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

The only thing I forgot to say in my older post is that you can also slide repetitively with that exploit which is a very good thing for those who want to speedrun or simply not lose time ^^

As for ABBA I did try to blow it up but maybe I did it wrong :/
I'll try again this week-end (College eating up on time)

BTW sorry for the MillHaven bug I didn't know it had already been reported :D

User is offline   petrus 

R is by default bound to "steroids" and INS to "reload", is that a bug or feature? :D

And why not put "firemode" to F instead of "map follow mode", and "sprint" to LEFT ALT for example.
Maybe even "altfire" to mouse button 2 and the "PDA" to double button 2, so you don't have to reach over...

You know, make it ASDW friendly out of the box, or do you people really play duke 3d with keyboard only/classic config?!?

This post has been edited by petrus: 30 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

The default key binds aren't intentional, I couldn't see a way to include a default key binding set. I included a settings file but that doesn't seem to work.

User is offline   petrus 

My bad, reload is on r in the AMCTC_EP2.zip settings.cfg (which works), the lesson is not to use "restore to defaults", that messes things up.

Having said that, settings.cfg could still use some tweaking... altfire is not set at all in "settings.cfg".

And no mouse stuff is either, the commands are (just for anyone wondering):

MouseButton0 = mouse button 1
MouseButtonClicked0 = double click mouse button 1

And i guess the weird "Steyr AUG" zooming with mouse aim on is an engine thing?

This post has been edited by petrus: 30 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Afraid so, I've done some tweaks to it but it's still not perfect. Hopefully as time goes on I'll be able to improve zooming with scopes so it feels good to use.

User is offline   petrus 

I don't care at all for zoom and wouldn't mind replacing all scopes with iron sights...

Posted Image

Look at that pretty AUG Iron Sight from BO1!

The AUG from AMC has a Scope ^_-

Don't know if anybody noticed this, but when I pick up Mickeys pipebombs the game says that I got 6 pipebombs when it's actually only 5.

User is offline   XThX2 

Ok the loadout bug happened on the Zeta Base. I was playing as Mikko and everything I was hoping to start with was gone, including my temporary weapon of choice. Is this intended?

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostXThX2, on 30 March 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Ok the loadout bug happened on the Zeta Base. I was playing as Mikko and everything I was hoping to start with was gone, including my temporary weapon of choice. Is this intended?

Yeah it is intentional in Zeta base to start devoid of equipment - what other maps did this happen for you again? Was it just the jungle base or another one?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJblade, on 30 March 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Zeta base to start devoid of equipment

Did you put the sword closer to the start? That weapon effing rules. I'd do the whole episode with nothing but the sword or lightsaber if I had that option. (and the throwing stars belt for those hard to reach stay_put snipers)

Be like a high-tech Daggerfall

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostJblade, on 30 March 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yeah it is intentional in Zeta base to start devoid of equipment - what other maps did this happen for you again? Was it just the jungle base or another one?

This happened at one other map I forgot, it's one of those two section missions that send you to another map, I'll have to check again to verify which map it was.

Meanwhile, another bug I found. I could carry one of the sentry turrets on Ghost Ship to a wall and it somehow vanished completely (near the lift). I couldn't even get to drop it, the game just removed it from me.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostForge, on 30 March 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

Did you put the sword closer to the start? That weapon effing rules. I'd do the whole episode with nothing but the sword or lightsaber if I had that option. (and the throwing stars belt for those hard to reach stay_put snipers)

Just double-checked, I did add a little vent into the room with the sword so you can take a sneaky route into that room and grab it.

Meanwhile, another bug I found. I could carry one of the sentry turrets on Ghost Ship to a wall and it somehow vanished completely (near the lift). I couldn't even get to drop it, the game just removed it from me.

It got put in another room. There is no collision detection on pickup-able objects atm as I never had time to do it properly. It's one thing I will take care of when I can.

As I reported, when playing the Episode 1 debriefing in episode 2, it states Lilith is dead. I checked the eduke32.cfg and found that "saved_lilith = 0" something I dont get. I recall that the first time around, I did not managed to save her and asked you, James, how to do it, after explaining it to me, I reloaded the save and went back and saved her getting the extended ending cutscene. So does that mean that doing it only counts the first time around and reloading the save has no effect? Can I not just go into the cfg and set the value to 1 and be done with it?

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLt.Havoc, on 31 March 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

As I reported, when playing the Episode 1 debriefing in episode 2, it states Lilith is dead. I checked the eduke32.cfg and found that "saved_lilith = 0" something I dont get. I recall that the first time around, I did not managed to save her and asked you, James, how to do it, after explaining it to me, I reloaded the save and went back and saved her getting the extended ending cutscene. So does that mean that doing it only counts the first time around and reloading the save has no effect? Can I not just go into the cfg and set the value to 1 and be done with it?

Yeah just set it to 1. I'm working on converting the data held in the config file into arrays; but if you replay that level than whatever you do will over-ride what you did previously.

Well, forget to mention that was back when I finished Episode 1 and in the episode 1 cfg Saved Lilith is also on 0 despite reloading that mission and doing it over again as I was told, so seems like it counts only the first time for some reason.

User is online   Player Lin 

Great, I don't know what was I did, the "saved_lilith =" line was disappeared from my original EP1's eduke32.cfg, I guess it's a good reasons to replay the whole damn EP1 levels again...:D

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 31 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

Not sure if its a bug or not, but I finished the Ghost Ship mission and it seems that I got new stuff to research, I picked up all the research papers and shot the enemies with the MIA gun, but I cant research level 3 magic shielding, I says I need tech level 5IX?! No idea but it was strange. Also, I had to godmode at the end, because the Cyberdemons kept kiling me even after the boss had zero health. I disabled once the cutscene was there and well, the demons still kept on attacking me during the cut scene. It also appears that some line of recording is missing because there was no dialogue once the big demon showed up (only text saying its one ugly motherfucker) and the same during the cutscene where Micky and James are talking (same thing, only text no sound for the dialogue).

Text without dialogue is nothing new, it already occured in Ep1 (although I fixed that by playing with the latest eduke while it was ill advised) but it's true it stains the thing a bit but I don't think they could expect it to work or not, for example at the end of Providence there is one line from James that still plays too late and they can't find out why, I guess it's a capricious mechanic ...

BTW the thing with DisBase not being counted as completed when using the secret exit still occures.
Consequently, unfortunately for me I'll have to replay it on Armagedon and that level is a pain in the fuselage on that difficulty the only level that realy gave me trouble T_T
And yet I tried beating it by cheating and it still didn't count it as completed so either Cheating is taken into account or it is the fact I then aborted the Abyss that may also play a role .... or it is a real bug but I doubt it.

There is a very annoying thing about the boss battle with
Spoiler

User is offline   XThX2 

Recently noticed my console is being spammed by "Invalid coordinate for actor on sqrt function" type of messages, can provide a screenshot if needed. Somehow happens with the zombies more often than it does with other monters. They keep firing at me even when I took cover, must be intentional but this error message is kind of weird. Might want to check it out.

User is offline   Jblade 

Magic shielding, I believe you need to capture a lost spirit, a sorcerer, and a dark avatar (the boss in Dark Truths) for all 3 levels of shield.

The dialogue, it's definitely in the mod's file structure. I'm not sure why the sound didn't play for you, but it has been included with the TC for sure.

There is a very annoying thing about the boss battle with

Shit, I did mean to do this but I completely forgot about it. I apologise about this mess-up.

BTW the thing with DisBase not being counted as completed when using the secret exit still occures.

I'll have to check this myself but it shouldn't do as the code is in there. You don't get skill medals if you cheated but the map will count as finished otherwise.

Recently noticed my console is being spammed by "Invalid coordinate for actor on sqrt function" type of messages, can provide a screenshot if needed. Somehow happens with the zombies more often than it does with other monters. They keep firing at me even when I took cover, must be intentional but this error message is kind of weird. Might want to check it out.

Yeah I get this sometimes, it's annoying but hasn't been a massive ease trying to sort it out. I'll see what I can do regardless though.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 31 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options