Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC Episode 2 release! - Duke4.net Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode 2 release!  "COME GET IT!"

User is offline   Jblade 

Posted Image

Episode two of the AMC TC - a standalone game based on Duke Nukem 3D. This release contains both Episodes one and two of the AMC TC, so if you've never played before all you need is this. If you've already beaten the first episode, grab this file and then copy your data and eduke32.cfg file over to the new Episode 2 directory in order to carry all your progress over.

After a period of peace during which the AMC Squad has been building its strength and numbers, dark forces begin to stir up trouble in the prosperous city of Hong Kong; wielding an army of shadow creatures such as those fought by Lo Wang. Later on, new and old enemies unite with the means and the capacity to wreak havok to the entire solar system. Do you have what it takes to stop them?

Featuring new weapons, equipment, enemies, bosses, and a new playable character, Episode 2 brings a massive amount of content to the table. Prepare yourself for an epic adventure.

The madmen behind the AMC TC Episode two are James Stanfield, Michael Crisp, Sangluss, Mikko Sandt, Cedric 'Zaxtor Znort' Lutes, Loke, and Snowfall (with certain maps using segments built by Highwire, DavoX, and Mike Von Skellington)

Download mirrors:
http://www.moddb.com...episode-two-v10
http://dukeworld.duk...rrent/tc/amctc/

Also be sure to check out the wiki!

A full list of credits is available in the moddb version, but not the Duke4 mirror (as I am an idiot)

From me, Micky and the rest of the team - we sincerely hope you enjoy this release and that the wait was worth it!

This post has been edited by Jblade: 25 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I sacrificed my grades for this so you guys better enjoy it! Posted Image
It was a lot of fun working on the episode but it's nice to finally be done with and get it out the door.

Don't forget to play with the classic renderer if you don't want a buffet of visual glitches. Enjoy!

(Special challenge to finish the whole thing in 1 sitting).

This post has been edited by Micky C: 23 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

Thanks for the great job you guys have done, when i get home i will play this and give you guys feedback. Can't wait to try this.

User is offline   Loke 

Enjoy it boys (and girls).

User is offline   Player Lin 

Finally! :)

Damn, don't have time to play right now...

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Holy shit! Downloading right now!

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Congratulations guys! :P I can't wait to play this (and carry on with the story)! :) Tonight, tonight! :P

User is online   zykov eddy 

Sometimes I think there's a guy in my head, and he just loves rolls!

User is offline   irukanjji 

Awesome news, thanks

• Honored Donor

View Postzykov eddy, on 23 March 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Sometimes I think there's a guy in my head, and he just loves rolls!

It's walls, not rolls.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Intro is stunning.

https://youtu.be/uPiO20YOAwc

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMicky C, on 23 March 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

It's walls, not rolls.

rolls is funnier.

This post has been edited by Forge: 23 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Found this problem:

Posted Image

Also found a new way to entertain myself

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does this work with older saves from Episode 1? Can I load earlier saves?
Also, how do I transfer my unlocked stuff to Episode 2? I have already beaten Episode 1 on Professional. :)

• Honored Donor

Save games won't work from the previous version because it's a different version of eduke32, plus many of the episode 1 maps have had tweaks made to them. For example if you compare Disbase now to the very first episode 1 version 1.0 release you'll see a huge difference. There's no reason to have save games from the first episode anyway since you can carry over all the progress and improvements etc, which answers your 2nd question.

Here's a snippet from the first post of this thread:

If you've already beaten the first episode, grab this file and then copy your data and eduke32.cfg file over to the new Episode 2 directory in order to carry all your progress over.

I am really, really enjoying Episode 2, and not just because I'm in it! The first Hong Kong map is probably my favorite in the TC thus far. It's a perfect blend of action and exploration, with a ton of stuff to find. So much that I had to pop on IRC to try and figure out one last bit that was troubling me. :)

A few bugs to report:

• The gun store in Millhaven can't be entered. The lock comes off with the key, but trying to enter continues to bring up the red lock icon... though without the player commenting on it.
  • Playing the Millhaven mission from E1 in E2 to completion results in all E2 missions being removed from Misson Command.
  • I observed this in 1.32, but it's obscure enough that it could possibly have slipped through: If you're playing as Rusty and something kills you as his shotgun is ejecting a casing, you are treated to an amazing show as shotgun shells spawn forever above your corpse.

User is offline   Jblade 

Fixed the first two - the second one is due to being on episode one as it filters episode two missions away. You should be able to re-activate them via the filter screen (unless Ep1 isn't beaten yet in which case you'll need to jump to episode two before seeing them again)

Another bug: In The Wharf, there's a secret area on a rooftop with a box of 40mm grenades. From there, you can easily jump to an adjacent roof that doesn't seem to be an area you're supposed to be able to access. Walking to the opposite side of the roof proves fatal; you get crushed to death at the edge in a classic BUILD clipping death.

User is offline   faked 

Oh,THANK YOU! Downloading now! :)

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Oh wow this looks real! maybe I should try it. Anyway the pictures/weapons look cool for sure. If I have a chance to play some of this I will give better feedback. Good job though :)

Just a question, Is it normal I have to select my mission by manual from Mission Command, after I copied my episode 1's data and eduke32.cfg...? :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 24 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Yes mission command is how it's all handled now :)

View PostJblade, on 24 March 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Yes mission command is how it's all handled now :P

Because I'm confusing what mission I should play when I start a new game and selected episode 2...maybe it should show something about the mission belong to ep1 or ep2, I guess...and...I see the filter has ep3 option after I beat the LA ruins mission(City under Siege)...lol

BTW, the ep2 intro is really cool. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 24 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

You can disable Ep1 missions with the filter so you know it's only EP2 missions being shown, unless I've misunderstood what you meant :)

User is offline   Rhaisher 

I've just get the 'equipment' from the optional level Xuglop Train but I can't find it anywhere. What does it do? It looked like a shovel... :)

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostRhaiNukem, on 24 March 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

I've just get the 'equipment' from the optional level Xuglop Train but I can't find it anywhere. What does it do? It looked like a shovel... :P

It should be in your melee equipment slot, it's a new quick melee weapon alongside the knifes :)

EDIT: I just checked the cons and it's set to the wrong number, which means it won't be accessible. Damn, that'll be fixed in a patch don't worry.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 24 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

A few more bugs!

• The big light effect in front of the outside of the reactor in Island Facility is solid and can't be walked through.
  • If you go to the yakuza boss' chair after he's rotated it around, it's possible to use sprinting to get around the front edges of them, but impossible to get out afterwards.
  • Tank turrets still rotate with the player's movement after you get out of them.
  • For some odd reason, the giant ninjas are nearly impossible to hit with projectiles.
  • Numpad 5 didn't bring up controls for the boat or the tank.

And not a bug, per se, but I figured I'd point out it's REALLY easy to sequence break in Island Facility. I think I get how the map was supposed to flow, but I was actually able to do the power plant area first by hopping on treetops and jumping a fence, after which I jumped carefully across the power lines and got shocked off of them just the right way to land on the other side of the canyon. I'd raised the bridge for the tank before I even knew there was a tank in the level, and it was sort of a moot point anyways since I'd already been to that part of the map. I wouldn't worry too much, though, as it didn't appear to break anything about the map, apart from discovering that the alarmed door sets off even when opened from the switch on the inside. Just thought I'd let you guys know that I thoroughly defeated you as designers. :)

• Honored Donor

View PostZero X. Diamond, on 24 March 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I thoroughly defeated you as designers. :P

That explains why you're so good at finding the secrets eh? :)

View PostMicky C, on 24 March 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

That explains why you're so good at finding the secrets eh? :)

Okay, admittedly I'm hanging up on that... but main progression! I thwarted it! I guess!

EDIT: Another odd bug I forgot to mention: For some reason, if you fully upgrade Rusty's fourth weapon, the bayonet fires a shot when you first hit quick kick. The shot uses no ammo, and oddly, it doesn't ALWAYS seem to work. It was doing it every time last night, but just now when I was playing again, I couldn't get it to do it.

This post has been edited by Zero X. Diamond: 24 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

User is online   Sangman 

View PostZero X. Diamond, on 23 March 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

The first Hong Kong map is probably my favorite in the TC thus far.

Awww shucks :)

Glad to see this released!

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options