Duke4.net Forums: Titanic: Honor and Glory - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Titanic: Honor and Glory  "The most ambitious game project ever?"

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

A semi-amateur mod team aims to painstakingly recreate the entire Titanic ship using the Unreal Engine 4(previously CryEngine 3), and offer a unique campaign that of course climaxes with the boat sinking....all in real-time and fully explorable/interactive. Additionally, they intend to model a good portion of the city of Southampton, England - which is where the legendary boat set sail from.

I've never been so amazed by a gaming concept in my life. If done correctly, this could be nothing short of ultra-epic. With thousands of pages of script and such meticulous attention being paid to the details, I could imagine myself investing dozens of hours in both story mode AND free-roam mode.

Learn more about it and, if you can, please donate to their fundraiser(no, I'm not in any way affiliated with the developers, just an enthused fan trying to help them by spreading their message):

Their indiegogo funding site

Their homepage

Their YouTube

Their facebook

Their tumblr

Their Twitter

Their Deviant Art

User is offline   Steveeeie 

This is looking good :)

I've been watching this project since 5 years or more.
I accidentally found it on youtube back when it was using cryengine 2.
It then moved to cryengine 3 and now on UE4.

The idea is nice but not interesting enough to get them so much cash.
The funding will definitely fail, no question about it.
I also don't understand people that use indiegogo, when kickstarter is so much better known.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Isn't Indiegogo European based? Is Kickstarter even available in Europe? Probably by now I guess...can you use PayPal with Indiegogo natively?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

How many engine changes?
Hello DNF...

• "Dick Nasty"

There may have been a few(three) engine changes, but in this case(as opposed to DNF's) the content - including all the art assets - etc. DID carry over with very minimal setbacks....at least as far as I know. They're also NOT trying to rewrite an entire rendering engine(again, as far as I know), which is one of the main factors that caused DNF's downfall.

IMHO basically everything about this game interactive experience reeks of promise. :)

Yes kickstarter is known in Europe but mostly by European gamers or tech guys ☺

• "Dick Nasty"

First teaser trailer...looks pretty friggin' epic!!! Needless to say, I can't wait to see the final version with the ship being fully populated, chaos ensuing, the finished water effects, etc, etc, etc....

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Looks like it could be interesting, especially if it's as authentic as they claim it would be. There should be a sequel about the Hindenburg Posted Image
Probably not my sort of thing though.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 11 March 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

I also don't understand people that use indiegogo, when kickstarter is so much better known.

Looks like they've got flexible funding here. They keep all the funds even if they don't reach the goal. Not sure Kickstarter has that option.

• "Dick Nasty"

Apparently a free 8 GB demo was released earlier today, but the link is currently deactivated. Their facebook page says it will be back up soon, and with additional fixes.

More info

Demo playthrough footage(German):

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

They made a trailer that says "most most" so I dunno...

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostDavoX, on 07 April 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

They made a trailer that says "most most" so I dunno...

To be fair, the "mosts" were on separate lines so it acted to many as an optical illusion, where the brain just automatically eliminates one of them.

Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostDuke Rocks, on 07 April 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

To be fair, the "mosts" were on separate lines so it acted to many as an optical illusion, where the brain just automatically eliminates one of them.

That's the whole point of the mistake. It's mostly made when it's in two separate lines :D

The modelling seems impeccable, but I don't understand how they'd create a game on it while respecting the historical events, because, up to the iceberg crash, I believe the travel was quite uneventful, just people minding their own business.

Anyway, I hope they succeed.

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 07 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 07 April 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

The modelling seems impeccable, but I don't understand how they'd create a game on it while respecting the historical events, because, up to the iceberg crash, I believe the travel was quite uneventful, just people minding their own business.

Anyway, I hope they succeed.

It contains a fictitious story about the main character(you) being accused of a murder and investigating the ship and its inhabitants to clear your name. How this ties into the sinking is anyone's guess, but I'd wager that there will be multiple endings(i.e. mystery solved/survived, mystery unsolved/survived, etc. etc.). And even if it weren't for this, I'll still probably find the most mundane aspects of history to be fascinating, nonchalantly walking around the boat, exploring every nook and cranny, and seeing what the various passengers have to say.

If done right, this could be a top notch experience - blending historical simulation and virtual entertainment into one crazy package.

• "Dick Nasty"

Hey, could everybody please do me a favor and "like" the fan-made I created for their contest? I'm trying to win first prize! ;)

I'm also interested in their project mostly because of my interest in old ocean liners : P

Saw that months ago... actually saw the whole thing lol
Pretty amazing!!

There is indeed something fascinating about a ship sinking. Almost like a small town dies...

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 19 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

User is offline   t800 

Bah, you and your Unreal 4 engine. We, at Mafia I community are still awaiting our Titanic mod. 10 years and still ticking on. ;)

That would be interesting also : D

Mafia is one of the best games ever : P

• The Sarien Encounter

I played the demo just a couple weeks ago. Looks great. Obviously not many explorable locations yet, but really piques the interest.

User is offline   leilei 

Quake2 had a Titanic mod as well. Fortunately, that one actually came out in '99

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: quake2_000.jpg
  • Attached Image: quake2_001.jpg

• The Sarien Encounter

That one only has 3 smokestacks...?

User is offline   leilei 

Has 4, but it exceeds the renderer's clipping distance quite much

The same author made the ncc-1701d for Quake/Quake2 as well but couldn't get every deck. made some of the ship functional (force fields, turbolifts, transporters, jeffreys tubes and warp core breaches) however

This post has been edited by leilei: 20 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postleilei, on 20 September 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Quake2 had a Titanic mod as well. Fortunately, that one actually came out in '99

Duke also rode(and sank) the Titanic in 1999...in 1912.

Looks promising. What's next, a fully-explorable WTC recreation on that fateful day?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options