Duke4.net Forums: [WIP] Edge of Eternity - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[WIP] Edge of Eternity  "Epic Space Map"

User is offline   Sanek 

Hi all. :)
I'm working on a new space map called "Edge of Eternity". This map will have some action, but it will be more story-driven kind of map, with some cinematic music as the main mood creator. I can't tell you the plot now, but the main character of the map is not Duke Nukem, just a random astronaut. I don't think some of you may be satisfied with the finished product, because it's NOT a detail-heavy map (you can see it by pics even right now), but OMG, I think it will be my biggest map ever! No any release dates right now, but I work on it pretty fast, and I'll think I finish this map within a year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sanek: 26 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Maps don't necessarily need a lot of detail to look good, and those shots look ok, but if the map is really as a far away as you say it is, is it really worth making a thread about it this early?

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Hope you won't leave it.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostArtem Nevinchany, on 01 March 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

Hope you won't leave it.

He's abandoned like two other maps hasn't he?

User is offline   Sanek 

@Mickey C, Artem - thanks! I'm sure I don't close this project.

@Commander Cody - please, stop posting in my theards! Your posts make me sick :)

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Kick his ass! Make a good map! Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostSanek, on 01 March 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

@Commander Cody - please, stop posting in my theards! Your posts make me sick :)

Go get shot in the back idiot, you have abandoned several maps in the past months and used some exuse of loosing interest or motivation then you come along and say your working on another one.

This post has been edited by Commander Cody: 02 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Veteran mapper Terrell Morse (Ecw2000) will co-wrote the story with me. The progress slowed in the last months, probably because I don't know where story should go.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Guys GUYS can't we just be friends? :D

User is offline   Sanek 

UPDATE_NEWS! :(

Finished Screenplay and 1/3 of the map.

1. I'm glad to say that the story that I and Terrell Morse wrote for the map is finally finished (well, actually 2 weeks ago). No real spoilers here, but the story will include at least 2 characters who have more than 5 pages of text!

2. After 6 months of work (on and mostly off), now I can say that about 40% of the map is done. I think I can finish all the important stuff until the end of the summer, and then polish it for the rest of the year. Gosh, I hate shadows. :)

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Looks cool man hope you release it. it looks cold or spacey

User is offline   zykov eddy 

A Duke 3D map with screenplay and multiple characters? Sounds interesting, looking forward to this!

User is offline   Sanek 

James Stanfield and his marvelous voice in Edge of Eternity!

I just want to announce that well-known modding maverick James Stanfield, who's voice you already heard in AMC TC's, will voice a character in Edge of Eternity! No real spoilers here (I don't even send the text to James by now), but that character is not the main character (it means PLAYER), but he would be vital to the story. Your character will probably be silent, only with a couple of subtitles.

Also, I reached the middle of the map by now. The current size is 514kb and it means that 50% of the map is ready.

• Honored Donor

Is this an original character or is he meant to be his character from the AMC TC?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMicky C, on 08 August 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Is this an original character or is he meant to be his character from the AMC TC?

It will be a new character.

User is offline   Sanek 

You thought this project is closed? Well, all I can say that you're wrong!
After a year of work on another maps of mine, I decided to return here and start it from scratch. Although I build a lot in my first version (almost 2/3 of the map) and I'm sure will use some of it, I'm not satisfied with the results. Sure it takes some time to start it all over again, but since the script is ready and I know what to do, the planing will not take much time. Also, if I can talk into some guys here at the forums, it will be a co-production with another mapper. :P
Also I have a new screenshot here. It is one of the escape capsules that land on a planet, and that's your starting point.

I don't know when I release it, but I hope I can get this thing off the ground.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: EOE1.png

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostSanek, on 05 August 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

You thought this project is closed? Well, all I can say that you're wrong!
After a year of work on another maps of mine, I decided to return here and start it from scratch. Although I build a lot in my first version (almost 2/3 of the map) and I'm sure will use some of it, I'm not satisfied with the results. Sure it takes some time to start it all over again, but since the script is ready and I know what to do, the planing will not take much time. Also, if I can talk into some guys here at the forums, it will be a co-production with another mapper. :P
Also I have a new screenshot here. It is one of the escape capsules that land on a planet, and that's your starting point.

I don't know when I release it, but I hope I can get this thing off the ground.

Hope this time you'll be able to lead this to its deserving end B)

P.S.: Is James still involved with the project?

This post has been edited by Polunka: 05 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

• Honored Donor

Are you sure it's a good idea to start from scratch? There comes a time you need to bite the bullet, finish what you start and get it out the door. There's always the temptation to scrap something you're not 100% satisfied with but there's no guarantee you won't feel that way again and again. Then down the line you might get demoralized because you've put all this work in and nothing to show for it. Naturally Duke Nukem Forever is a good example of this Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostPolunka, on 05 August 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

P.S.: Is James still involved with the project?

Not right now, but I will contact him later to see if he's still want to do it.

View PostMicky C, on 05 August 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Are you sure it's a good idea to start from scratch? There comes a time you need to bite the bullet, finish what you start and get it out the door. There's always the temptation to scrap something you're not 100% satisfied with but there's no guarantee you won't feel that way again and again. Then down the line you might get demoralized because you've put all this work in and nothing to show for it. Naturally Duke Nukem Forever is a good example of this Posted Image

Well, throwing away a large amount of your work is not a good idea that's sure, but the only reason for me to do it is because the previous version is very hard to improve in terms of design and lighting. Also as I said, some stuff will be used.

User is offline   Jblade 

Yeah I'm still up for it :P

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostJblade, on 06 August 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

Yeah I'm still up for it B)

Not bad man :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options