Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kung Fury

User is offline   Soap DX 

Posted Image

Trailer

Full Movie

KUNG FURY is an over-the-top action comedy written and directed by David Sandberg. The movie features: arcade-robots, dinosaurs, nazis, vikings, norse gods, mutants and a super kung fu-cop called Kung Fury, all wrapped up in an 80s style action packed adventure.

Fully Funded on Kickstarter

Discuss!

Well personally I love these projects, but I find sometimes the fall a bit short. For instance, Iron Sky has lots of great ideas, but I think I only laughed once in the movie (could be just me) Then you have Manborg, which also had fun ideas, but there was too much green screen for my taste and it didn't keep my attention. I know there's an audience for these type of movies. And I do want them to succeed. But sometimes I wonder if should outrageous projects wouldn't be better just as Short films sorta like Thousandth Street Short sweet and simple.

This post has been edited by Soap DX: 15 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

I see another ambitious Kickstarter that will either suck or fail to deliver what it promised.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I would think that everyone could see that this is going to suck, but i guess they had a lot of blind people fund this.

I'm skeptical, but also a hopeless optimistic. This movie could easily try to hard and put so much randomness it falls apart, but I'm hopping it's decent, but yes, it could easily fail big time, and I am often surprised how much some projects get funded.

I've never funded any Kickstarter and I don't see any reason too personally, even project I really think I'd love (Star Citizen). It's really just like gambling with your money, lots of things sound good on paper, but pulling it off is another thing.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I remember seeing this trailer a while ago and thought it was a joke.

I like the idea of bringing back the 80s styled B-movies, but this seems too random. Hobo With A Shotgun had a similar 80s style approach (reminded me of Death Wish 3, Surf Nazis Must Die, and other crazy shit), but it didn't seem to try hard to be "retro" in my opinion.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm amazed they got 3 times more than they asked for.

I'm pumped, looks awesome.

Love this retro weird comedy action style movies, like Manborg.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

http://youtu.be/ZTidn2dBYbY
Bump

• Honored Donor

Apparently this is coming out in the next day or two. 28th of May.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It looks like garbage to me. I hate "retro" shit that doesn't bother to put any effort into it. "WHAT IF WE HAD KUNG FU AND VIKINGS?" You know, two things that weren't a big deal in the 80s.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Well, vikings, sure, but I think kung fu was pretty big back then. There were a LOT of martial arts movies coming out in the 80s and 90s.

• Honored Donor

Well it's free anyway so no big deal if you don't like it.

View PostBlack Shuck, on 27 May 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

It looks like garbage to me. I hate "retro" shit that doesn't bother to put any effort into it. "WHAT IF WE HAD KUNG FU AND VIKINGS?" You know, two things that weren't a big deal in the 80s.

Except there's a pretty massive amount of movies and TV shows to go against that. I mean fuck, the Karate Kid movies are pretty much EXACTLY in line with those fads, along with that movie about surfing ninjas.
Or have we so easily forgotten MIAMI CONNECTION? Or the legendary RIKI OH?

This post has been edited by Carl Winslow: 28 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

User is online   zykov eddy 

2015 is a good year for action packed films.

The whole movie feels like a parody of itself which I really adore.

User is offline   Malgon 

Just noticed that this is now available to watch on Steam. Might have to give it a watch later on.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Kung Fu and ninjas (especially) were more of a seventies thing.

User is offline   Ronin 

I saw it and really enjoyed it, I hope he makes a feature length version or even an hour would be enough for this kind of thing. It's like a movie set in the world of a side scrolling beat em up. I'll be watching it again, beautifully delivered dead pan oneliners, Duke himself would be proud, in fact if a Duke movie would be made that's how it should be done, in that tone. 10/10 because Kung Fuhrer.

There is a shitty little mobile beat em up game released for free, you might get ten minutes mild amusement out of it after watching the film then delete it.

http://www.androidpo...ge-mobile-game/

This post has been edited by Ronan: 30 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

Saw the movie on youtube today, and I genuinely laughed a lot at the ridiculousness of the scenes and of some of the puns.
I thought it was a well made piece of entertainment, like what Blood Dragon was for games.

User is offline   Ronin 

Highly recommend playing Double Dragon Neon after watching this.

It was quite enjoyable,the story is just all over the place but it's not about the story. It works because it's short and sweet, a feature film would probably drag on for too long and get dull because of the lack of story consistent story. But I could be wrong.

Anyhow, there where lots of fun ideas and it was better then most crappy movies. I don't regret watching it.

You guys seen the video clip?

This post has been edited by Soap DX: 15 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options