Duke4.net Forums: Evil Dead: Regeneration - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Evil Dead: Regeneration  "Installing under XP 64"

User is offline   Dave-ros 

Right, since all the geniuses from 3D Realms have come here now, this is where I'll ask... does anyone know a way to force the Evil Dead: Regeneration installer to work, and to ignore what OS it's being used in? I'm using 64-bit XP Pro, and it just fails and tells me to use a different OS (it supports Win98, for God's sake! :rolleyes:). Anyone know of a command line switch, like -lgntforce for Thief-engine games? I really don't want to have to nag my housemate to let me install it on his XP32 machine and then copy the files across! ;)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Try running it in compatability mode.

They suggested that already, and it didn't work -- as far as I know, compatibility mode doesn't "trick" a program into thinking it's being used under a different OS, or at least doesn't trick this one :rolleyes:

Just got word from THQ themselves that there is no command line switch, and therefore nothing to be done. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if the WinXP shell in Windows 7 will be 32-bit, even in 64-bit Win7? If not, then since I already own the game, I'll have to... no, let's not go there, in case it's against forum rules ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

I think it is, but that doesn't stop you from doing this.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 09 May 2009 - 01:05 AM

Trouble is, it's the MSI file on the disc where trying to install it brings up the "LOL your OS = fail!!!1" message, so I have to wonder if there'd be any point anyway... I need a pre-installed copy of the game! And no, I have no intention of building a second PC, that's for geeks, and I'm not a... no, wait :rolleyes:

User is offline   G1bbz 

View PostDave-ros, on May 9 2009, 05:09 AM, said:

I need a pre-installed copy of the game! And no, I have no intention of building a second PC, that's for geeks, and I'm not a... no, wait :rolleyes:

Dual boot a option?

No... I don't have a spare copy of XP32 :rolleyes:

Bah, I'll ask one of my housemates if I can install it on theirs, and then copy it across. I've got an 8GB USB stick, that's bound to be enough... just hope it works after being copied across, and doesn't complain about missing registry entries! ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

Also, you can use Virtual PC. If it's not too slow.

OK, I don't know how it would work then. With sounds and everything.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 09 May 2009 - 02:02 AM

Installing it on another system and copying it across seems to have worked, mercifully... but very annoying that this was necessary!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options