Duke4.net Forums: Model conversion fail - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Model conversion fail

Hello all,

Decided to resume my level editing and have been wanting to port in some new models. Found a ton of cool things I wanted to port into my episode. But have ran into some issues.
When trying to convert .obj to .md3 I'll often say to many faces in group or verticals. Or it says the faces need to be grouped. (using misfit model to do the converting) Will open blender to see if I can strip out the interior to kill any detail inside so it will port but a lot of things just wont convert. And i'm shooting in the dark here since I don't really know what i'm doing and haven't found any solutions on youtube.

A car that I got to port over is the size of a micro machine. When I try to scale it - it just looks like an r/c car. have tried to play with the 'xscale x yscale x' but haven't had any success. How can I make this car actually scale right?

User is online   Mark 

That error message is one of the glitches in that program. Even if you don't exceed " official " limits for the md3 format it will sometimes give that error.I contacted the author a couple of years ago when I first started using the program and he wasn't interested in doing anything about it. I'm looking for the zip file I have of a hacked version that removes the limits. I will post it when I find it. Hopefully in a few minutes.

The second problem can be solved by first increasing the size of the model in Misfit. Select the whole model and click on the scale button. Make sure that the boxes in the upper left corner are set to Keep Aspect 3D and center. Then just click the model and drag to a larger size, drag it back to proper position on the grid with the move tool and save it.

Here is the complete no limits version.

My link

This post has been edited by Mark.: 31 January 2015 - 05:18 AM

Sweet thank you. I tried to use that new executable and it is now throwing 'The program can't start because libgcc_s_2-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix.

Guess i'll try to reinstall and if that doesn't work just download the dll lol.. Hope that lets me convert these models. Would be hella cool. Thank you again!!

Yea that exe didn't work. It kept throwing dll errors. Then when I downloaded two of the dll's it wanted it bitched about _ZNSt8_detail15_List_node_base11_M_transferEPS0_S1 cannot be found in the dynamic links.

This post has been edited by 1337DirtAlliance: 31 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

User is online   Mark 

Please see my first post. I updated the download link which now contains the whole " no limits " program.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 31 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

Bitchen it worked!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options