Duke4.net Forums: Where to find this ideal Duke model for DNF? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where to find this ideal Duke model for DNF?  "and old EDF soldier one?"

User is offline   lambdist 

Ideal Duke models for DNF:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Old EDF one:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   KareBear 

Whats the source of the images with the old EDF soldier renders?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostKareBear, on 23 January 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Whats the source of the images with the old EDF soldier renders?

Its from the art book that came with the Balls of Steel edition.
There might be a few from some of the team's personal sites as well

User is offline   Hazzardous 

In my opinion, that's how Duke should've looked in "Forever."

I saw these screenshots in 2009 after the leak. I do agree that that Duke model should have been the one used in DNF, but i doubt the game was very different back then. We still got roughly the same game.

View Postthemaniacboy, on 24 January 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

I saw these screenshots in 2009 after the leak. I do agree that that Duke model should have been the one used in DNF, but i doubt the game was very different back then. We still got roughly the same game.

But at least we would've had a better looking Duke.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I don't think that the Duke model posted above is rendered in-engine...is it?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Hell no. That's the high res model that they likely used to bake normals off of if I had to venture a guess.

The model does exist in some form within the game. I heard that someone actually ported it over to the actual player model, but it didn't work right for some reason. Also I think some of the textures are either missing or very hard to find. Someone did port it to the posing program XNALARA. I know Wesker500 did a port before that initially.

Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Where do you look for a copy of that Duke model? Why, in our very own HRP! :lol:

http://forums.duke4....-come-get-some/

EDIT: Wesker was showing around one of the ones I put together.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 24 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

Yup. Some people hate HRP so much they would never realize that such high quality 3D model may be used with it. Of course all props to Tea Monster for making the low-poly and animations :lol: Because the source model could only be used for renders. But who around here would even need a Gollum-detailed model for anything, unless they're making a few billion bucks from their movies ;)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The old superior Duke model was also used in the first draft of the DNF trailer that was shown to only the people who went to the setup at PAX when it was first announced by Gearbox. They replaced it with Douche Nukem for the masses shortly after when the trailer went public. I wonder if the ingame Duke was also the original model when people were playing the demo at PAX.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 28 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options