Duke4.net Forums: [ RELEASE] GRAVEYARD - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[ RELEASE] GRAVEYARD  "just another walk in the park"

User is offline   BestViking 

I get errors in GAME.CON and can't start the game. I downloaded the main zip file, unzipped, added the GRP and then the patches.

User is offline   Mark 

Can you post your eduke32.log file here?

In case i'm not here when you reply, Make sure the project is in a clean folder, using the included older version of Eduke32 and that the game folder is not a subfolder of your Steam installation of Duke Nukem. Someone had the same problem with the Decay TC. I saw in their log file a bunch of lines from Steam, GOG and World Tour. Keep Graveyard away from those.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 15 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

User is offline   BestViking 

View PostMark., on 15 September 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Can you post your eduke32.log file here?

In case i'm not here when you reply, Make sure the project is in a clean folder, using the included older version of Eduke32 and that the game folder is not a subfolder of your Steam installation of Duke Nukem. Someone had the same problem with the Decay TC. I saw in their log file a bunch of lines from Steam, GOG and World Tour. Keep Graveyard away from those.

Yes, I made sure of all that. Followed the installation instructions.

It does indeed somehow go to the GOG folder to use data, for some strange reason.

"Using C:/GOG Games/Duke Nukem 3D/ for game data"

I don't see how that would happen since it's all in a clean folder with only the GRP added.

As for the errors:

Searching for game data...
Using "DUKE3D.GRP" as main game data file.
Compiling: GAME.CON (151190 bytes)
Including: DEFS.CON (35992 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (42802 bytes)
USER.CON: In event `EVENT_SOUND':
USER.CON:24: error: symbol `temp' is not a game variable.
USER.CON:24: error: expected a keyword but found `fvarand'.
GAME.CON:31: error: parameter `ANULLACTION' is undefined.
GAME.CON:31: error: expected a keyword but found `0'.
Found 0 warning(s), 4 error(s).

User is offline   Mark 

So the Graveyard folder is not installed in any other folder? As in installed right out on the C drive or under program files.

And could you post the log file from the beginning?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 15 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Sorry to rush you but I'm not going to be here much longer. I would like to get you going before I have to leave. Can you post the full log file and where do you have the graveyard folder installed?

sorry, its been 30 minutes and no reply. I have to leave.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 15 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

How come the patches have become a separated download from the main file? Is it possible to have a single download with the patches included? I'm just going to include the patches into a single download at my site. Just a hell of a lot easier for the end user.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 29 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

User is offline   Mark 

After the release, the feedback and posting the 2 patch fixes I moved on to the next of many projects. I guess I never got around to combining the code in those fixes into the main program and then re-upload the project and modify the title page in duke4.net

Give me a few days and I'll see if I can integrate those patches into the project. Since releasing HHR on Moddb I have been thinking about doing it for Graveyard too. So I would have to make those fixes for that. I'll PM you when I'm done and where you can download the project zip file from.

My real ( and secret ) reason for the separate patch was so I could have an estimate of how many downloads of the project there were. I don't have access to that number where the main file is hosted. :rolleyes: Just kidding. It was laziness.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I had time tonight to re-bundle it. The link is in your PM box. Thanks for hosting.

User is offline   Jim 

How is the game.con error resolved? It is happening to me too

Log:

EDuke32 2.0.0devel r4376 (32-bit)
Compiled Mar 15 2014 07:19:25
Using D:/Build/graveyard/ for game data
Checking for updates...
Connecting to http://eduke32.sourceforge.net
Current version is 20160701Windows 8.1 (build 6.3.9600)
Initializing SDL system interface (compiled against SDL version 2.0.1, found version 2.0.1)
Using "windows" video driver
Searching for game data...
Using "DUKE3D.GRP" as main game data file.
Compiling: GAME.CON (151133 bytes)
Including: DEFS.CON (35992 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (42802 bytes)
USER.CON: In event `EVENT_SOUND':
USER.CON:24: error: symbol `temp' is not a game variable.
USER.CON:24: error: expected a keyword but found `fvarand'.
GAME.CON:31: error: parameter `ANULLACTION' is undefined.
GAME.CON:31: error: expected a keyword but found `0'.
Found 0 warning(s), 4 error(s).

This post has been edited by Jim: 17 August 2018 - 07:23 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm not sure whats happening. I have the project in 3 different places on my hard drives and none of my logs show those errors. It seems odd that after a couple of years after release this wasn't noticed before.

Just to play it safe I'll look into it. Where did you download from? Here at duke4.net or from PaulB's site?

User is offline   Mark 

Ooops, I see the guy a year ago mentioned it. I wish he would have replied on whether or not my suggestion was the fix. You are the only 2 so far. Like I told him, make sure the project is a stand-alone folder and in no way connected to Steam, GOG, World Tour or any other mod or add-on.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 August 2018 - 07:11 AM

User is offline   Jim 

Yeah, I have a standalone folder with no connections to steam for GOG. Can you please look into game con?

User is offline   Jim 

Got it, forgot to set the autoload to asset. Thanks much!

User is offline   Mark 

Glad I could help. :(

User is offline   Mark 

I was bored so I was messing around with tweaking some textures to stand out more.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0101.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0144.jpg

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Terrifying :o

User is offline   Mark 

I just noticed that somebody put up a playthrough video of this project along with another of Decay and some other TCs.
https://youtu.be/sl8QksEA0WM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options