Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Personal Storm - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Personal Storm  ""experimental" map"

User is offline   Sanek 

Posted Image
Hi all...this is my new map, called "Personal Storm" (completed in just 5 days!). It's another "experimental" map, in the wake of "Cold In November", but there's no any dream/bizzare sequences, except the little teleport area. It's just a story that I want to tell through the mapster. You have to read the pages on the wall to understand the story, and hit the buttons to complete the level. And don't forget to turn the music on!
It's the story of disillusioned writer who left everyone and now all alone in the house located on the shore, with his personal problems. In some ways, this map is some kind of reaction to the things that happened in my own life, and such maps like this has been done. So, here's the download link: http://www.mediafire...sonal_Storm.zip

User is online   zykov eddy 

Well, it's very depressing indeed.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 12 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I liked it more then your cold in november map... alot more actually. But still no weapons no aliens is kind of off for me but I know you just telling a story here. The interior areas very well made a job greatly done there nearly perfection, besides it could of used small amount of shading but the detail is high and I really like it alot. The outdoor areas are better then before but still lack detail, trimming, shading, and any kind of plant or nature life. The house itself looked nice as well. The writings are sad but i'm sure some of us have felt those ways before the song matched well and I enjoyed that to... damn hope you feel better then that soon my friend really do I have felt those ways before myself and "it's hard to breathe when breathing hurts" would of been a good line in the writings. Stay strong guy I think it's not that depressing rather the truth of hurt leaning towards sorrow.

*Had to do a trick to press this button don't know if it was on purpose you can press it but you got to crouch and while going up hitting enter maybe just lower it down to match the crouching height ehh not a huge deal anyway nice little map. Attached Image: duke0133.png
lol my health is low in pic because I used dnweapons cheat so I can have gun atleast hehe must of shot myself with rpg

This post has been edited by Duke64: 12 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Gave this a go yesterday. I pressed 4 switches but don't know what to do next. It's an interesting map, the music really helps with the atmosphere. Maps like this are nice to try out every now and then but don't start making a whole bunch of them or they'll start to lose their effect. As others have said the indoors could use some slightly better shading, and everything seems somewhat oversized, however I'm not sure if it was intentional to make the player feel small.

User is offline   ck3D 

liked it, although i expected it to be longer. no pun intended, but the ending was rather abrupt. had i known the entire gameplay revolved around just that one button hunt, i wouldn't have rushed it during my playthrough, all the while cursing about how randomly the buttons were thrown in and how small and unpractical they were in the process. music and atmosphere were nice. execution could have been better and cleaner, but the style generally worked. cool little map, i did like cold in november better though.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 30 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Just finished this and Cold In November. I love both of these maps.

I haven't been feeling the urge to play new Duke maps recently (played very few new releases last year), but something about story-driven maps really attracted me. I was not disappointed. The maps might not have had too much detail, but the stories sure had feels. I'm moved. Certainly one of the best experiences I've had playing new maps in the past year.

Thanks Sanek.

This post has been edited by Brony-Aur Stomp: 26 February 2015 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello and thanks for the release,

Since I have seen I can vote for 3 maps in "map of the year 2015 edition" poll, I think I must play them all to choose.
The map as a very special ambiance, nicely done. I like the point & click feeling. I understand the goal of telling a story, but I think you could dig the idea to do a good, well, point and click game.
The design is clean, and after playing it, I don't want to go in remarks about mapping details I have noticed :thumbsup:.

I hope you feel better almost a year after the release.

Thanks for this strange (but too short) experience.
DotK3D

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostDotK3D, on 15 December 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Hello and thanks for the release,

Since I have seen I can vote for 3 maps in "map of the year 2015 edition" poll, I think I must play them all to choose.
The map as a very special ambiance, nicely done. I like the point & click feeling. I understand the goal of telling a story, but I think you could dig the idea to do a good, well, point and click game.
The design is clean, and after playing it, I don't want to go in remarks about mapping details I have noticed :thumbsup:.

I hope you feel better almost a year after the release.

Thanks for this strange (but too short) experience.
DotK3D

Yea, I definitely feel better.
Thanks for playing. If you like this map, you should also check "Cold in November", which is a little bit longer.

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello Sanek,

I am curious, I'll try "Cold in November" when I'll finished playing all the maps (if I have the time before end the year) from the Map of year 2015 thread. Glad you feel better ^^.

Bye,
Dotk3D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options