Duke4.net Forums: What if DNF 1998 was released in 2014 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What if DNF 1998 was released in 2014  "awesome cocroach trooper model"

User is offline   lambdist 

This is how cockroach troopers from DNF 1998 trailer should look like today.
(Cocroach) Trooper (from "District 9") by Caleb Nefzen.

Youtube video:
https://www.youtube....B&v=01EEp508_as

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks like a Prawn from District 9.

User is offline   Evilman 

View Postlambdist, on 08 January 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

(Cocroach) Trooper (from "District 9") by Caleb Nefzen.

It is :)

It's really close from the original 98 trailer however, nice one.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The ones from the 1998 trailer have a lot more muscle.

Those from DNF 1998 are supposed to be soldiers that were partially mutated to anthropomorphic ants. The keyword being "partially": a half or so of their body is supposed to be still human.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Bah. If I could downvote myself I would.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 February 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

Bah. If I could downvote myself I would.

I did it for you. :lol:

I would long to see a Quake II mod which attempted to capture what we liked about the original Duke Nukem Forever trailer. If Gearbox won't allow that sort of thing to happen, we could do the next best thing. Do a Quake II mod involving a hero like Duke Nukem, and take it in any crazy direction we want. I've been thinking of wanting to do games which parodied the entire Duke series, with the hero being known as the Earl of Radiation.

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

That would be pretty cool actually probably a bit of work to do though. But interesting idea you have there, put it to work :)

I wish i could model like this quite an eye catcher and differently a good movie at that

User is offline   Diaz 

I actually have a similar idea, but with Unreal 1 and the 2001 trailer. The 1998 trailer, well I don't like it that much. Remaking the Slick Willy in Unreal just reminded me how quick it is to map with UEd. What I don't know is if I'll be able to make it alone, but I'll go as far as I can... texturing is my biggest obstacle, not really good at that. Just think of that Vegas view from the top of the Lady Killer, I don't think I'd be able to replicate that :whistling:

Of course for legal reasons the hero wouldn't be Duke Nukem.

This post has been edited by Diaz: 03 March 2016 - 01:07 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostDiaz, on 03 March 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

I actually have a similar idea, but with Unreal 1 and the 2001 trailer. The 1998 trailer, well I don't like it that much. Remaking the Slick Willy in Unreal just reminded me how quick it is to map with UEd. What I don't know is if I'll be able to make it alone, but I'll go as far as I can... texturing is my biggest obstacle, not really good at that. Just think of that Vegas view from the top of the Lady Killer, I don't think I'd be able to replicate that :whistling:

Of course for legal reasons the hero wouldn't be Duke Nukem.

Cool, can't wait to see it. I've been dying to see someone's interpretation of the 1999-2001 build using the Unreal Engine. And I'm sure there are plenty of great texture artists here and elsewhere that would be more than willing to assist you in your endeavor. Just ask around!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Alpha planes for a chunk of the city?

User is offline   Diaz 

The 2001 trailer version of the Vegas panorama is just a static skybox, I think. They would have been able to slap the animated water fountains on it as sheet brushes without problems...

User is offline   deuxsonic 

GSC GameWorld released multiple old builds of STALKER for people to play with. I thought that was awesome as you could see how the game development progressed. Duke Nukem Forever went through so many iterations over such a long period of time... Just imagine if builds from over the years were released. It's like multiple different games that happen to share the same name with how it was altered and restarted repeatedly. It would be fascinating, seeing the evolution of the game over all those years. You can see from the screenshots that DNF shared as extras of it's development how much it changed (every few years it looked like a completely different game.) It would be neat if those old builds were somewhere and magically found their way to the internet...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options