Duke4.net Forums: polymer texture issue - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

polymer texture issue  "polymer texture bug issue problem std"

I just bought a brand new cpu (windows 7, 14 gigs ram, will provide more info if needed)
When I launch the game (32bpp) I get is this
note: the duke3d.grp file I'm using are from the steam version

what do?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: the maxtrix.png

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

I think I recall seeing this with AMD graphics hardware and ART mapping turned on. Try issuing "r_pr_artmapping 0" from the console.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Do you have any form of aniso or texture sharpening forced through your driver settings dialog?

View PostHelixhorned, on 04 January 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

I think I recall seeing this with AMD graphics hardware and ART mapping turned on. Try issuing "r_pr_artmapping 0" from the console.

Problem solved, thanks a bunch~

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View Postfaceheadman, on 11 January 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Problem solved, thanks a bunch~

Just for the record, note that ART mapping constitutes a major feature, so the problem is really only avoided, but not solved. If you feel like providing additional information (e.g. the one Plagman requested), we'd still be interested, and certainly consider this a bug if there is no configuration of graphics driver options that makes it go away.

User is offline   X-Vector 

I've encountered this problem as well when using two older EDuke builds, one of them r5127 (the more current r5338 causes a CTD with Polymer).
The provided solution of turning off ART mapping did the trick for me, but I've found that changing anisotropic filtering from "override" to "use application settings" in CCC remedied the problem as well, while still allowing ART mapping to be active.
Perhaps this could be of help to others.

Specs:
Windows 7 64
AMD HD6950 2GB
Catalyst 13.1 (not updated because of backward compatibility issues with certain older games)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options