Duke4.net Forums: What would be the perfect Duke movie? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What would be the perfect Duke movie?  "In your personal opinions."

I love to ponder the thought of a Duke Nukem movie, I actually have an idea for one. But I'm more curious of what you guys think would make a movie true to Duke. To me, as long as they have the perfect actor for Duke, beautiful women, alien massacres, and cheesy one-liners I think it'd be good. But what do you think? :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

It's never going to happen so don't waste your time thinking about it.

View PostThe Commander, on 29 December 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

It's never going to happen so don't waste your time thinking about it.

Tsk, tsk, tsk Commander, such a pessimist... what're we going to do with you?

This post has been edited by Never Forgotten: 29 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

Don't make lame threads... We have had 100's of these already.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostThe Commander, on 29 December 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

Don't make lame threads... We have had 100's of these already.

Noobs always wonder why they get taken to task for low-caliber threads, and they often invent an persecution complex due to the large green numbers on the left.

tl;dr This thread is flaccid.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostNever Forgotten, on 29 December 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

as long as they have the perfect actor for Duke

Hahahahaha

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I wanna see a movie where the aliens are heroes and Duke is the villain. Make it happen.

the perfect actor for Duke

Ben Stiller, right?

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 29 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

Lets make a thread on who looks like Duke, and sceen shots of our Duke tattoos while where at it.

• Weaponized Autism

Shall we trade pics of our Duke collection?

User is offline   Komenja 

View PostComrade Major, on 29 December 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Ben Stiller, right?

Nah, Dennis Rodman in whiteface.

Let's make a thread with a collection of pictures of our best pictures and video impressions of Duke.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Commander, on 30 December 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

Let's make a thread with a collection of pictures of our best pictures and video impressions of Duke.

Posted Image

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Actors suggestions :

For Duke Nukem : Arnold Schwartzeneger ? Dolph Lundgren ? Michael Keaton (saw lately in Birdman) ?

For Bombshell : Winona Ryder (saw lately in Homefront) ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 30 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 30 December 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Actors suggestions :

For Duke Nukem : Arnold Schwartzeneger ? Dolph Lundgren ? Michael Keaton (saw lately in Birdman) ?

For Bombshell : Winona Ryder (saw lately in Homefront) ?

Too old, as much as I'd like them to be Duke, you'd need to start Duke of a bit younger. Otherwise the movies might not go on very long.

Michael Keaton would be the best choice because he himself is a perfect one-liner (as you can see it in Beetlejuice)...

Winona Ryder would be able to improvise jokes, and way better jokes than those in the Bombshell trailer...

Tim Burton could be the perfect director for the movie, because dark ambiance and humor are fitting with his style...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 30 December 2014 - 08:36 AM

Actually, Duke Nukem Forever was what a Hollywood Duke movie would look like - a linear story, complete disconnection from the character, generic orchestrated music.

If there is going to be a movie, I imagine it like Escape From New York but with more dark humor and one liners.

View Postgemeaux333, on 30 December 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

Michael Keaton would be the best choice because he himself is a perfect one-liner (as you can see it in Beetlejuice)...

Winona Ryder would be able to improvise jokes, and way better jokes than those in the Bombshell trailer...

Tim Burton could be the perfect director for the movie, because dark ambiance and humor are fitting with his style...

I think you've been watching too much Beetlejuice...

Oh wait.. I've mentioned the presently known casting of Beetlejuice 2 here, and that was definitly not intentional...

There are great synergies between some actors and directors... anyway replacing Michael Keaton by Johnny Depp would not feet there...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 30 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

User is offline   Gargoyle 

CGI film with JSJ's voice.

View PostLunick, on 30 December 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Didn't see Cody's dick. :)

It only allowed for 15 seconds...

User is offline   xMobilemux 

As we've discussed time and time again, a live action Duke Nukem movie is a lost cause and will never happen, even if by some miracle it does happen, it will suck and swallow ass as every single live action video game movie has.
A Duke Nukem movie should have happened around Duke 3Ds release when Arnold Schwarzenegger and/or Dolph Lundgren weren't too old for the role.

However, a CG Duke Nukem movie is still possible and the only way Duke can be done right, Duke can be modeled right, have JSJ behind the mic along with all the babes, bullets and bombs to suit, they could even make it canon if they wanted.

I hear 3D Realms still has the Duke movie rights, but with the asshats they have in management right now, the movie rights are best left untouched.

• Weaponized Autism

This:

That one makes me look like a triple A actor.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 03 January 2015 - 04:32 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

This is probably as close as you can get in tone to a good Duke Nukem movie.

However notice that:
a) You don't see his face
B) You don't hear his voice
c) There's no actual dialogue
d) There's no action scenes
e) There's no aliens seen

It's when you start to intoduce these elements that you'll start encountering difficulty and start putting people off.

Edit:
This one also gets some stuff right, however:
a) The actor is all wrong
b) I imagine his voice would be all wrong too
c) Still no dialogue.

If there's to be a proper action movie, it'd have to be done in a true 80's fashion, like Terminator. But it needs to have good plot and well good everything. That'd be too damn difficult to pull off, especially since there's probably no perfect actor and I'd be surprised if it gets a decent enough budget. I forgot to mention, neither short film had any real plot either.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 03 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostMicky C, on 03 January 2015 - 04:58 AM, said:

This is probably as close as you can get in tone to a good Duke Nukem movie.

However notice that:
a) You don't see his face
:) You don't hear his voice
c) There's no actual dialogue
d) There's no action scenes
e) There's no aliens seen

It's when you start to intoduce these elements that you'll start encountering difficulty and start putting people off.

Edit:
This one also gets some stuff right, however:
a) The actor is all wrong
:P I imagine his voice would be all wrong too
c) Still no dialogue.

If there's to be a proper action movie, it'd have to be done in a true 80's fashion, like Terminator. But it needs to have good plot and well good everything. That'd be too damn difficult to pull off, especially since there's probably no perfect actor and I'd be surprised if it gets a decent enough budget. I forgot to mention, neither short film had any real plot either.

Yeah, the problem with Fate of Humanity is they spent forever on it, and it was too short. And the voice at the end sounded like Duke had way to much to drink. The other one is just fun to watch.

I know this thread's been dead for a while, and yes I know there are dozens of other ones out there like this... but I have a question about if a Duke Nukem movie were to be made. Which would you prefer: A Duke Nukem movie that does like most video game adaptations and just takes the general idea, or one that's based entirely off of the areas and story of Duke Nukem 3D with only minor changes to make it work as a movie?

View PostNever Forgotten, on 16 April 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

I know this thread's been dead for a while, and yes I know there are dozens of other ones out there like this... but I have a question about if a Duke Nukem movie were to be made. Which would you prefer: A Duke Nukem movie that does like most video game adaptations and just takes the general idea, or one that's based entirely off of the areas and story of Duke Nukem 3D with only minor changes to make it work as a movie?

The former I think, but even if they did the latter it'd have to change a lot to fill a full movie with content. Could use more characters to talk to along the way etc, even more aliens that talk. But not all the grunts and PigCops talking or anything.

I think an entertaining Duke movie could happen pretty easily if given to the right filmmakers, even on a smaller budget. Robert Rodriguez with Planet Terror and Machete having a feel that could suit Duke, and of course Desperado etc. Neveldine/Taylor who did the Crank movies, Gamer, and Ghost Rider 2 (though they weren't happy with that one). Crank captures that feel of an ornery badass going through constant mayhem pretty terrifically.

Or if you want complete insanity, give it to Lloyd Kaufman of Troma fame (The Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke 'Em High, etc). Or give it to all of them and just let several completely different Duke movies hit over a few years. Why not? :D

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 30 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options