Duke4.net Forums: Race & Police Brutality. - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Race & Police Brutality.  "The issue that might split America apart."

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

Rodney King, Trevon Martin, Michael Brown, and now Eric Garner and Rumain Brisbon. They all got killed by white police officers except for Rodney King who got beatened down. And in the end; they (white police officers) are acquitted as always. Why is this shit keep happening? Is it b/c people don't approve the "Thug" lifestyle w/ the sagging pants, flash mobs, knock-out games, poor ghettos, materialism, loud music, irresponsible parenting, littering, destruction of property, promiscuity, illiteracy, alot of tattoos, misogyny, etc? Another shocking thing a/b Eric Garner is that his death was caught on camera and made the video viral on the news and the internet. In the end the cameraman was charged but the officer is not charged w/ anything. That and Micheal Brown's case set off protests and riots. It's Los Angles 1992 all over again.

Has anyone forgot Mumia Abu-Jamal? The black man on death row who claims his innocence of killing a white police officer nearly 30 years ago.

We need to think hard on this issue. I'm all for installing body cameras on police officers so hopefully this shit won't happen again in the future and getting clear on the facts but not likely to stop these incidents like these even when they're implemented I'm afraid.

And now Rand Paul blames Eric Garner's death on high cigarette taxes. What. The. Hell? http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

It's time for America to revamp the criminal justice system and the police system. I don't want the police to be militarized and being the Gestapo. Time to end the transparency and the madness once and for all.

CORRECTION: Trevon Martin got killed by a white-hispanic named George Zimmerman who's not a cop. That's b/c of the Stand-Your-Ground law in Florida.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 05 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

It has nothing to do with racism. Here is a video of a mentally ill homeless man beaten to death by three cops:

Despite that there is video evidence, despite that you can hear one of the cop say "Now you see my fists? They are getting ready to fuck you up!", the officers were found not guilty.

So the problem is that police officers are constantly involved in acts beyond brutality, and yet it's almost impossible to prosecute them. Protests about racism won't chance this situation. The cops who don't think of themselves as racists will continue to act the same way.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I gotta agree with Fox, they are just playing the "race card" on this one because they can, bad cops fuck over everybody.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Posted Image

User is offline   Sangman 

I'm quite convinced that in some areas of America, black people are much more likely to be arrested for a same crime than a white person is. I have no sources to back that up, and actually only found something that seems to somewhat invalidate this claim which is FBI records that actually seem to indicate that, on a national level (I suppose), white people are charged with and incarcarated for more crimes than black people. Still, this is only some evidence on what happens on a national level. I'm not sure if there are arrest records for, for example, Ferguson itself, but unless there is evidence that denies that black people get arrested more often than white people for the same crimes, I wouldn't be so quick to just claim there's no institutionalized racism at all and that these people are just playing the race card.

traB pu kciP

This post has been edited by Sangman: 05 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Jordan Davis: An argument with white male to turn down music in a public parking lot led to ten shots being fired into the car. Dead.

Jonathan Ferrell: After being in a car crash asks for help. The lady scared it was a thug calls the cops. Jon tries to flag down the police car. Gets shot ten times. Dead.

Darius Simmons: Took out the trash for his mother. Neighbor suspects him as a thief. Shot in front of his house. Dead.

John Crawford: Holds pellet gun from Walmart shelf while still in the store. Shot to death by police.

Michael Brown: According to the convenience store owner, paid for his cigars. Crossed the street and was confronted by cop. Dead.

Eric Garner:

His death was ruled a homicide by the medical inspector.

EDIT: Looks like the video got hit with a copyright claim, which is bullshit. I saved it at home and can reup later.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostSangman, on 05 December 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'm quite convinced that in some areas of America, black people are much more likely to be arrested for a same crime than a white person is. I have no sources to back that up, and actually only found something that seems to somewhat invalidate this claim which is FBI records that actually seem to indicate that, on a national level (I suppose), white people are charged with and incarcarated for more crimes than black people. Still, this is only some evidence on what happens on a national level. I'm not sure if there are arrest records for, for example, Ferguson itself, but unless there is evidence that denies that black people get arrested more often than white people for the same crimes, I wouldn't be so quick to just claim there's no institutionalized racism at all and that these people are just playing the race card.

Hold on there, your post include many issues.

The Ferguson case is not about institutionalized racism, but police brutality and exemption. For example, was the hurricane Katrina racist, since it affected mostly black people? Of course not, hurricanes happens all the time, regardless of skin color – and police brutality with unlikeliness of prosecution is not different.

And yes, there is racism from the part of police investigation and trials. Because the average African-American make less money, blacks have lower education and commit more crimes. Thus it's logical for investigators or jurors to turn against them, there are higher chances of them being guilty. It's only not fair. But that's how the human brain works, it's trying to find a pattern to make judgement. And that's the root of prejudice: making assumptions about someone based on the group he belongs to, not his own personal qualities.

This post has been edited by Fox: 05 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

• Weaponized Autism

It's absolutely about race. Check out #CrimingWhileWhite.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostHendricks266, on 05 December 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

It's absolutely about race.

I'm hearing "absolutely about race" a lot. But is it as simple as "cops are arresting/shooting blacks more often because cops are racist and hate blacks"? Or is there something a bit more advanced at work?

I think DustFalcon85 is on the right track mostly. The issue is mostly excessive nationwide police violence combined with systemic targeting of poor folks.

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 05 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostFox, on 05 December 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hold on there, your post include many issues.

The Ferguson case is not about institutionalized racism, but police brutality and exemption. For example, was the hurricane Katrina racist, since it affected mostly black people? Of course not, hurricanes happens all the time, regardless of skin color and police brutality with unlikeliness of prosecution is not different.

And yes, there is racism from the part of police investigation and trials. Because the average African-American make less money, blacks have lower education and commit more crimes. Thus it's logical for investigators or jurors to turn against them, there are higher chances of them being guilty. It's only not fair. But that's how the human brain works, it's trying to find a pattern to make judgement. And that's the root of prejudice: making assumptions about someone based on the group he belongs to, not his own personal qualities.

You're absolutely correct. There is really nothing further that can be said. /thread

traB pu kciP

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Deadspin (and a lot of its mostly left-leaning commenters) are going to war with white apologists: The St. Louis Rams Have Nothing To Be Sorry For

I read it and it was mostly ranty stuff, but it's interesting to see other points of view on this.

I am pissed off that the same people who complain about racism also essentially say that white people are not allowed to have an opinion on this if their opinion is anything less than a full and unequivocal apology for the transgressions of their entire race over the entire span of human history. This sort of neoliberalism is prevalent in other political discussions and well, and it does nothing to advance the discussion. The intolerant shits who use this reasoning are as bad as the racists.

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 05 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Exactly - to use the sins of the father as an excuse to insult white people is fairly abhorrent and anybody who genuinely believes that is full of shit and not genuinely interested in equality or moving on from the past; they just want to take revenge on 'whitey' and show they would do the same to people they see below them.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostHendricks266, on 05 December 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

Michael Brown: According to the convenience store owner, paid for his cigars. Crossed the street and was confronted by cop. Dead.

Wow...way to omit the part where Michael Brown assaults the police officer for telling him to use the sidewalk.

I'm still smarter than you

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

If the store owner said Brown paid for his cigars then who called the cops and told them Brown stole those cigars?

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

Tamir E. Rice. The 12 boy from Cleveland, Ohio w/ a pellet gun shot dead by a police officer who thought the fake gun is a real gun. The cop who shot him had immaturity problems in his previous job. How the hell did he become a police officer w/ those problems in the past in the first place is beyond me. That red flag got missed. He and another officer is under investigation. I later learned that they were poorly trained and reckless according to CNN. I hate to see a huge shitstorm that's 10x worse than the LA 1992 riots.

I had to make a topic a/b this since it's all over the fucking news outlets and social media everywhere. Giving our thoughts a/b this crisis in the law enforcement community. Who is the bad guy and who is at fault here.

Have you folks seen the #BlackLivesMatter campaign on the net and other outlets?

View PostThe Commander, on 05 December 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

A picture of a cop pepper spraying a row of people in America and a pic of a cop squirting a water bottle and being happy and friendly w/ a citizen in Canada. That pic got deleted. I hope NSA didn't delete that pic. Someone or something is covering up the truth.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 05 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

User is offline   Fox 

I guess children using real guns to commit crimes is not common outside the Third World?

This post has been edited by Fox: 05 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

User is offline   Fox 

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostMark., on 05 December 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

If the store owner said Brown paid for his cigars then who called the cops and told them Brown stole those cigars?

There were a lot of people saying a lot of things early on before any evidence or facts were really known. Once facts trickled in and the news stopped recording new information, the majority of people who said things reported by the news admitted that they didn't see anything or made it up. All claims about Brown surrendering were fabricated but you wouldn't know that from watching CNN because they stopped listening to people after the first hour or so. It took a few days and even weeks but eventually, after the autopsy etc, it became evident that there was a lot more going on than what was initially reported. The culture of the area (and others) often time interferes with fact finding and most journalist don't care and just report what they hear right away without asking for more information. People who said they saw the event later admitted to making things up or not telling the whole story because they didn't want to get hurt by people who don't want to face the possibility that Michael Brown was clearly the assailant.

I'm still smarter than you

User is offline   Forge 

if i had a job where i had to deal with criminals, assholes, and the potential for life-threatening danger was a constant presence; i'd probably be trigger happy too

white, black, red, yellow, green; you assault a cop and make what can be construed as a grab for his pistol, nobody should be surprise if you end up with a few extra vent holes in your casing

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I wonder how many American Police and how many rounds fired it would take to deal with these two.

Some issues I see with the Police in America is that,

Training
Police should be ran by the Government, not by States (each state seems to make their own magic rules)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 06 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostThe Commander, on 06 December 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Training
Police should be ran by the Government, not by States (each state seems to make their own magic rules)

The Fed has no accountability, and is the one of the biggest parts of the problem.

They give out military surplus gear like crazy and breed the whole "warrior cop" mindset.

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

User is offline   Photonic 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 06 December 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

The Fed has no accountability, and is the one of the biggest parts of the problem.

They give out military surplus gear like crazy and breed the whole "warrior cop" mindset.

QFT & img [attachment=8820:nassau.PNG]

User is offline   Forge 

Why do cops get military equipment now?

because they ddn't have it when they needed it

User is offline   BlitZ 

• The artist formerly known as Trooper

View PostSangman, on 05 December 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'm quite convinced that in some areas of America, black people are much more likely to be arrested for a same crime than a white person is.

Probably because in those areas blacks outnumber white people 10 to 1. "Culturally diverse" areas are highly uncommon in America.

It's not "because they're black", it's because of their culture. White culture, on average, support police, rule of law, government, etc. Black culture, on average, is chaotic, "fuck the police", selfish, and a sort of xenophobia against non-blacks.

Living rent free in Nancsi's brain since 1999.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJimmy, on 06 December 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Black culture, on average, is chaotic, "fuck the police", selfish, and a sort of xenophobia against non-blacks.

That's pretty ignorant.

User is offline   BlitZ 

It's not ignorant, it's politically incorrect. But it's nonetheless true. I live and work in the ghetto. Many black people will confirm this is their culture. Get off Tumblr and spend an afternoon on World Star Hip Hop.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 06 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJimmy, on 06 December 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

White culture, on average, support police, rule of law, government, etc.

Because the authorities respect white people.

Hatred is not a chicken-and-egg problem.

In Ferguson, MO, the local black population is 1.87 times the size of the local white population. But the rates of stops, searches, and arrests of blacks vs whites?

Stops: 6.75x
Searches: 11.96x
Arrests: 13.42x

http://ago.mo.gov/Ve...reports/161.pdf

View PostJimmy, on 06 December 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

I live and work in the ghetto.

O RLY? That's not even a credible argument from authority.

Many black people will confirm this is their culture.

I directed my black best friend to your post and she said you were a "completely ignorant racist cunt".

World Star Hip Hop

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHendricks266, on 06 December 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

I directed my black best friend to your post and she said you were a "completely ignorant racist cunt".

omfg!

i'm in love and want her to have my mulatto babies

User is offline   BlitZ 

And who are the authorities on average? White people. Most white people respect the authorities. It's a reciprocal relationship. Yet throw any punk, metalhead, wigger, or Juggalo in front of a cop and see how much they respect each other. They're not whitebread culture, so they get shot and beat up too.

In Ferguson, MO, the local black population is 1.87 times the size of the local white population. But the rates of stops, searches, and arrests of blacks vs whites?

Stops: 6.75x
Searches: 11.96x
Arrests: 13.42x

http://ago.mo.gov/Ve...reports/161.pdf

Who do you think in Ferguson, MO commits the most crimes or reacts violently to police the most? Who riots over stupid shit? I'm not saying it's right, but you know human nature as well as I do. On the streets there's certainly an air of "us versus them" when it comes to blacks and police. And they feed each other.

O RLY? That's not even a credible argument from authority.

Implying I was saying I'm an authority. It's my experience.

You go to college and are of college age. Your friend probably uses words like "cisgender" and "rape culture".

Posted Image

Costanza all you want, but these videos don't come out of nowhere.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 06 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJimmy, on 06 December 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

And who are the authorities on average? White people. Most white people respect the authorities. It's a reciprocal relationship. Yet throw any punk, metalhead, wigger, or Juggalo in front of a cop and see how much they respect each other. They're not whitebread culture, so they get shot and beat up too.

I reupped the Eric Garner vid, so give it another watch.

Who do you think in Ferguson, MO commits the most crimes or reacts violently to police the most? Who riots over stupid shit?

http://ftw.usatoday....etter-exclusive

You go to college and are of college age. Your friend probably uses words like "cisgender" and "rape culture".

I use those terms. Why? I'm redpilled.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options